It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Trump Destroy the Euro?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Certain parts of the EZ are doing very well. Certain parts are doing very badly.

The problem with the EZ is that has the constraints of a single currency, across very different economies, without the required level of fiscal transfers to make it work.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: totalperdition
If this were poker I'd see you your Erik Nielsen and raise you my Martin Armstrong...

Martin Armstrong? The financial criminal? Imprisoned for fraud charges? LINK

I rather listen to a real economist, Erik Nielsen, who is the Global Chief Economist and Head of Economics & Fixed Income/Currency, Commodity and Asset Allocation Research at UniCredit Bank.

Armstrong only has a blog, plead guilty to fraud, was incarcerated and does not even have a degree.

You can believe what he says, I wouldn't even trust him to buy me milk.

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Certain parts of the EZ are doing very well. Certain parts are doing very badly.

The problem with the EZ is that has the constraints of a single currency, across very different economies, without the required level of fiscal transfers to make it work.

True and yet the GDP per capita has increased in all countries except Italy.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2017 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

WHY would Trump want to destroy the Euro and HOW could he do so. People make it sound easy
The how may be in the fall out of sanctions . Not against the EU but as a result of the moves against the Iran China connection .Although not mentioned directly as the main points the EU will be effected if Trump make certain move in the vid
Chinas new rail service has great potential for commerce between the EU and themselves .Could some of these moves be to isolate or obstruct that ? Like you say it can be a complicated thing or not but sanctions were going to be put on Russia and Nuland said her self what the EU mattered ...this by hook or crook method is a two edge sword and sometimes you can enter into a deal that is just bad .ts obviously clear that the decisions made about the Russian sanctions benefited some one or some thing ...what exactly that was is a bit obscured despite what we have been told to believe .

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Yes you can, you may not be as informed as you think. The EU is the European Union. The Eurozone on the other hand is countries that use the Euro as their official currency. Not all countries in the EU use the Euro. Seeing as that is fairly fundamental, I'm not quite sure what credibility it adds to anything else in this thread.
Oh I agree that I am not all informed on the ins and outs of the EU/EZ But the tool of sanctions is not a clear cut issue when you throw it into the mix either. Look what we seen after the sanctions on Russia .I think its the sanctions tool that is and will be used and most if not all will be a helpless as Greece was against the EU to do anything about it .Even if it means killing the Euro .

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

No need for that wiki I'm well aware of it and would still take his word over your guy.

I've been following the man for the past 2 years and he's been dead right about everything so far.

Maybe you should do a little digging for yourself into the man's life before you judge him based on a wiki.

Not an economist, yet the house ways and means committee sure thought enough about him to seek his testimony and advice/plan...

July 18, 1996 Testimony of Martin Armstrong before House Ways & Means Committee

Here is the documentary about him...

The Forecaster

From your wiki link...

Armstrong was imprisoned for over seven years for civil contempt of court.

Ask yourself, why would anyone spend that much time in prison for being in contempt of court?
Ask yourself, what would you do if imprisoned for 7 years for being in contempt of court?
Ask yourself, what would motivate you to remain in contempt of court for 7 years?

Look into his source code, which the CIA under Bush wanted badly.
Bush's cousin was the judge in his case Judge John Walker Jr

Look in to the corruption of the court. Do you know what COERCIVE CONTEMPT is?
Do you know he was never charged with anything while in contempt?

Indefinite Detention

He took it to the supreme court...

So when the Supreme Court ordered the government to explain what the hell was going on, they realized they would lose. You have to at least charge someone. Now, there was not even a charge. Therefore, I was released to prevent the Supreme Court from ruling against them. What did they do then? They used the terrorist nonsense as the excuse to now indefinitely imprison anyone at any time without even charging them, lawyers, or a right to trial.

There's a lot to this man's life. You would be shocked and appalled at what he went through and to what levels the corruption rises to, watch the documentary dude.

edit on 10-2-2017 by totalperdition because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2017 by totalperdition because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I rather listen to a real economist, Erik Nielsen, who is the Global Chief Economist and Head of Economics & Fixed Income/Currency, Commodity and Asset Allocation Research at UniCredit Bank.
Well that may not be a bad thing to do . On the other hand you can put all the titles and degrees in front of what ever numbers fiddle friggers you want and it may not mean much at the end of the day .The 2008 banking crises just popped out of the blue and none of the higher ranking experts seem to have seen it coming . Maybe they did but were paid enough to keep the narrative going up until it had to be made known .

These kinds of things are orchestrated and if you are not playing in tune with the conductor then you are out of the band and put on the side lines .If needed then destroyed or even suicide d ...

We don't create the money they do .And they tell us what the rules of the game is , until they decide to change the rules ..its that simple ...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I hope the Euro goes to oblivion,

I got small bets on Pound coins in Europe, with an eye toward a German/Deutsche minted coin to be issued soon

and here in the west I bet on the Mexican Libertad Peso to become legal coinage for money settlement (way before Canada & the USA accept gold/silver mint money as legal tender opposite the FRN)

** I am still on the fence about getting a account in the Chinese Bank in NYC where one can have a store of wealth in the Yuan...
the time delay is counter to my peace-of-mind so I await being able to purchase Yuan in the open market, maybe a Silver Yuan instead of paper !
edit on th28148673983810172017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th28148673998210192017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Sorry, not sure I understand what you mean by "Greece was against the EU to do anything about it". Greece voted to join both the EU and the Eurozone. A previous Greek government got into huge debt, mainly through heavy public spending and started a little bit of an avalanche.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

2016 Mark Carney governor of the bank of England warned that Brexit

would cause financial instability that could last "a very long time" and

hit the UK economy very hard. The analysis followed the latest meeting of its

financial policy committee, which was set up to spot threats to the economy.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

2017 Mark Carney says "The risks to financial stability of a hard Brexit

lie with the countries remaining in the EU not with Britain which is

leaving.

The essence of it is that London is the financial centre for Europe, as it was

a century ago. Being cut off from the financial centre of the economy is not

going to be good news for EU countries."

www.forbes.com...

So much for economists LOL!!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: totalperdition

I have read about the guy and whilst he was spot on with some predictions, he was also absolutely wrong with others. You can blindly follow him, I have different standards and I don't trust him.

Also, he pleaded guilty to fraud, that's why he was imprisoned.

a reply to: eletheia

I am not saying economists don't lie or change their minds, but recent data backs up what Nielsen is saying. The EU has had 14 consecutive quarters of growth and almost all countries have raised GDPs.

Also, after Brexit is done, London will not be the financial centre for Europe anymore, obviously.

LINK

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I disagree, I believe the EU is going down and will dissolve.

He pleaded guilty AFTER 7 years of being held in contempt on no charge. COERCIVE CONTEMPT much?

I take offense to that " blindly follow him " comment.
Stay classy buddy.

Next up FREXIT !

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I take offense to that " blindly follow him " comment.
Stay classy buddy.

Wow.... ~rolls eyes~ perhaps I took offense at what you said first:

Maybe you should do a little digging for yourself into the man's life before you judge him based on a wiki.

Next up FREXIT !

Nah, Marine Le Pen have a very slim chance to win, because of how the French system works.

Scotland independence is next.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I also take offense to this...

Wow.... ~rolls eyes~

All you gave me was a wiki and alluded that the man is a criminal, based on that I believe my comment was pretty reasonable.

I gave you plenty of info and told you that I have been following the man for 2 years and you respond with...

" blindly follow him "

You're a real class act buddy.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
quote]originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

"I wont say I disagree with you because it sure looks that way but who would go to war and with who ? If the EU breaks apart the the EU can't go to war .If it breaks apart then it only can go back to the countries they were before and most of them can't or wont go to war . So my question is what war ?"

There is a refugee crisis in the heart of Europe, millions of mostly single male Muslims with nothing to lose if the economy collapses and the money stops flowing. Additionally the countries that border Russia are a concern because Russia could move to secure their borders against a perceived threat from civil unrest and NATO and the west. Add in the many regional differences that have been festering for years and you have a very volatile situation. If the EU fails there is nothing to replace it and the neo-cons are just waiting for an excuse to start a new war and defending NATO members would be their prime motivation.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I also take offense to this...

Wow.... ~rolls eyes~

All you gave me was a wiki and alluded that the man is a criminal, based on that I believe my comment was pretty reasonable.

I gave you plenty of info and told you that I have been following the man for 2 years and you respond with...

" blindly follow him "

You're a real class act buddy.

I never suggested he is a criminal: he IS a financial criminal who pleaded guilty to fraud.

I only gave you a wiki but the fact that he pleaded guilty and was incarcerated is all over the internet, mainstream and not.

You want to believe in him fine, I don't and I explained why.

And just in case: no offense intended in any of my above sentences.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

I get the gist to what you are saying but .Is Russia going to attack a country ? is so which one and why ? Is a country in the EU going to attack Russia ? if so who and why ? Is the whole of EU going to attack Russia ? Why ? Think about those options and leave Russia making moves to secure its border . It might be a better chance of countries inside Europe to go to war with one another but I still don't see that happening . What I could see is a 10 horned beast power coming about in some kind of fashion ...A kind of future version of the EU .

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Armstrong's only real mistake was getting in the way of the CIA's scams involving HSBC......think scapegoat.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

What I could see is a 10 horned beast power coming about in some kind of fashion

7 heads and 10 horns, perhaps?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Current state of Europe very much similar to the 1930s.

www.independent.co.uk...

He is not wrong either, history tends to work in cycles.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I am not saying economists don't lie or change their minds, but recent data backs up what Nielsen is saying
Well have you considered that maybe the data has been manipulated . You know that saying that figures don't lie but liers figure . If the stakes were not so high and the $$ so big it might not be a issue .The stakes are high and the profits very high .How many soros types are there out there waiting to pounce when the timing is right ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join