It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother taken into custody after decades in U.S.; 7 arrested in Phoenix protest

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wow... Am I reading that right? That if the country won't take their citizen back, we have to release them?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Eight years in the US? illegally? I am sure she even have a voting ID and was able to vote.

Darn it only takes 5 years by legal means to become an America citizen.

I wonder who SS she stole to be able to work.

Darn mine got stolen by an illegal immigrant but the darn thief was a man.

What that tells you.
edit on 9-2-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408
I think I used to work where you work now.

You are right. That is they way the system works. The baby always get thrown out with the bathwater. The one guilty person doesn't usually get slammed for the transgression, everyone else ends up being punished, especially the most innocent of the lot.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: xuenchen

"Relevant databases indicate Ms. Garcia De Rayos has a prior felony conviction dating from March 2009 for criminal impersonation,” the statement said
from the op

Identity theft is a crime.
The criminals are going home first no?

I have known several hard working illegals.. The one's I knew would have fake I.D.s and social security numbers to include an out of state drivers license .. The License is fake and easy to get.. The illegals have a great underground for getting fake paperwork. I even knew a couple of girls who were 18 but their driver's license said they were 21 so they could get into bars to party and dance.. Works great until you get caught.... for most do not bother to do an in depth check at a club door or even many a business..

felony conviction dating from March 2009 for criminal impersonation

link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
this is the kind of talk that calls for a hitleresque round up of illegals seeing as how there must be millions of illegals using false identity. before you start accusing me of using hitler as a comparison(i try to never do that) when was the last time there was a mass deportation of millions of people, not to mention the cost it would entail? you would have to be far far far right or far far far left to call for that.

i would be on board deportation of violent criminals, immigration reform, but not mass deportation of millions of people.

It's only for illegals with a criminal background. There's nothing Hitleresque about that. Absolutely nothing at all. Hitler rounded up Jews because he didn't like them, and he put them in camps to die. Trump wants to round up illegal alien criminals because they're here illegally and have committed felonious crimes and put them back in their home country. How could that be anything close to what Hitler did?

link   
Now protest already because the law was applied. Darn somebody needs to tell the newly make citizens and non citizens protesting that we are a nation of laws.

Just because they had gone in obscurity for the last 8 years it doesn't mean that they are not longer in use.

Darn Obama.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Grambler

I saw - very very bad woman. She used a social security number to work. Maybe she destroyed someone's life - but the story doesn't say

For years, immigration authorities gave this Arizona mother a pass. Now she has been deported.

The Phoenix mother was detained for months and eventually ordered to be sent back to Mexico. But for the subsequent years, after she appealed her voluntary deportation, García de Rayos was allowed to remain in the United States, as long as she checked in once a year, and then every six months. Each year, she did so, and each year, immigration officials let her stay.

She was held (6 months) , then released - and permitted to check in yearly. Our government has been giving a kind of down low, back door permission to stay for decades

Not unlike the ham-handed way Trump handled his Muslim ban, this is going to go down about as well

If this is what we are going to do - there is an honorable and humane way to do it. Not like this

Sorry - I won't feel bad about being enraged at this. You and the others go ahead enjoy your retribution. Feel safer. Enjoy your new law and order president

But you answer your own suggestion. For years, other administrations refused to enforce the law. This women was charged with a felony and asked to voluntarily leave in 2013. She has had four years, and took no effort to leave.

So what should Trump do. Give her another 4 years. What you call ham handed I call enforcing the law. It only appears ham handed because the law wasn't enforced for so long.

In your interpretation, what would be humane? Should people that committed felonies and are here illegally be permitted to stay?

link   
a reply to: marg6043

She was here for 21 years, Marg. I incorrectly posted 8 years early in the thread. Plenty of time to become a legal citizen.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Apparently a Woman who has been in the U.S. illegally for years has been arrested by ICE.

The law is being followed and I say "excellent!"

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I think I used to work where you work now.

You are right. That is they way the system works. The baby always get thrown out with the bathwater. The one guilty person doesn't usually get slammed for the transgression, everyone else ends up being punished, especially the most innocent of the lot.

Exactly. It only takes one to ruin it for everybody.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
this is the kind of talk that calls for a hitleresque round up of illegals seeing as how there must be millions of illegals using false identity. before you start accusing me of using hitler as a comparison(i try to never do that) when was the last time there was a mass deportation of millions of people, not to mention the cost it would entail? you would have to be far far far right or far far far left to call for that.

i would be on board deportation of violent criminals, immigration reform, but not mass deportation of millions of people.

No need for round ups. If you are illegal, and you are pulled over or your work is investigated or whatever, and you have STOLEN someone ID, you get shipped out.

Is it your argument that millions of iilegals have stolen Millions of Americans ID's? If thats true, it is a criminal explosion of massive grounds, and yes, they should all be arrested an deported.

What if Millions of native born Kentuckyean's have stolen the iD's of people around the country. Should we just allow it, because the problem is so massive?

link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Yes, using someone social security number is a very serious crime. I already posted one story, but there are countless stories of peoples ID being stolen and them ending up losing their home, or ending up in jail.

How would you have us view crimes then? Its ok to steal someones property as long as they can go on living? Whee is your compassion for victims of ID theft?

I saw - very very bad woman. She used a social security number to work. Maybe she destroyed someone's life - but the story doesn't say

For years, immigration authorities gave this Arizona mother a pass. Now she has been deported.

The Phoenix mother was detained for months and eventually ordered to be sent back to Mexico. But for the subsequent years, after she appealed her voluntary deportation, García de Rayos was allowed to remain in the United States, as long as she checked in once a year, and then every six months. Each year, she did so, and each year, immigration officials let her stay.

She was held (6 months) , then released - and permitted to check in yearly. Our government has been giving a kind of down low, back door permission to stay for decades

Not unlike the ham-handed way Trump handled his Muslim ban, this is going to go down about as well

If this is what we are going to do - there is an honorable and humane way to do it. Not like this

Sorry - I won't feel bad about being enraged at this. You and the others go ahead enjoy your retribution. Feel safer. Enjoy your new law and order president

You & I have discussed this before. You need to get your paperwork in order.

link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

I know, I used to work for an immigration lawyer when I first arrived in the GA with my husband as he was in the military and is a lot of migrant workers around my neck of the woods.

Sadly I also got my identity stole few years later.

It takes only 5 years by legal means to become a citizen.

What I see is the problem with voting by this people, she was able to come and go as she wishes and she new the system was in her favor.

She probably even had all her children in the US, to collect government assistance per child.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

That sucks i suppose.

As to cameras, i think the UK unfortunately wins on that score. CCTV cameras just about everywhere.Yet still crime takes place.

Rather Orwellian if truth be told.

Non the less demonizing a specific demographic seems rather harsh. Its a shame that all should suffer over a few missing sodas and some water. Personally i would have had a quiet work with the culprit.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

edit on 9-2-2017 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

That sucks i suppose.

As to cameras, i think the UK unfortunately wins on that score. CCTV cameras just about everywhere.Yet still crime takes place.

Rather Orwellian if truth be told.

Non the less demonizing a specific demographic seems rather harsh. Its a shame that all should suffer over a few missing sodas and some water. Personally i would have had a quiet work with the culprit.

It goes deeper than that on the rules being changed because of other people, I just didn't want to bore you... From dress codes to the amount of breaks you get, it's all changed since I got here. It's different for me because the VP is my brother in law but I would never take advantage of that, other than browsing on the web all day unless duty calls.

In the US, if you think of terrorism, you think of islamists. If you think of a school shooting, you think of spoiled white males. If you think of armed robberies, you think of black males. We all have our stereotypes because of other people, and we get thrown into the same pile as them. Politics is a prime example. How do you feel when you hear someone say all Trump supporters are white nationalists, or white supremacists, or racists, or bigots, or low IQ?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

But you answer your own suggestion. For years, other administrations refused to enforce the law. This women was charged with a felony and asked to voluntarily leave in 2013. She has had four years, and took no effort to leave.

So what should Trump do. Give her another 4 years. What you call ham handed I call enforcing the law. It only appears ham handed because the law wasn't enforced for so long.

In your interpretation, what would be humane? Should people that committed felonies and are here illegally be permitted to stay?

I didn't answer my own question - I didn't have a question

What I'm saying - very clearly - is that if this is what our country is going to do, there is a right way and a wrong way to do it

Legally - she might have recourse. The United States of America gave her permission to stay - and no direct warning, instructions or time to prepare for what comes next

I think about this as people first - citizens second. She broke the law and she was held for six months. You understand what I'm saying - the felony is accounted for. She was permitted to stay while she appealed her deportation. The law literally just changed, and people want to tear her from her family and throw her out so that she can pay for a crime she's already paid for

The Phoenix mother was detained for months and eventually ordered to be sent back to Mexico. But for the subsequent years, after she appealed her voluntary deportation, García de Rayos was allowed to remain in the United States, as long as she checked in once a year, and then every six months.

That was the law then - she was complying. In my opinion, what would be human is to take the time to inform people of their changed legal status, explain what comes next - and give them time to prepare

edit on 2/9/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Actually the 11 million is a standard number that was adopted over 10 years ago and have not change at all.

So if you look at how the 11 million came to be you will know that now is about it could be as high as 30 million.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Her original crime...

I'm kind of thinking her original crime was coming into the country illegally.

Unless she stole the identity first, but I'm not getting that impression.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

You & I have discussed this before. You need to get your paperwork in order.

Have we?

What are you talking about?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join