It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother taken into custody after decades in U.S.; 7 arrested in Phoenix protest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

Did she serve time for that? I knew a woman convicted of uttering ( No not a friend in any way, just someone I knew)
She served like three months but she wasn't an alien either. I'm just wondering what the sentence was and if she did time.

Not exactly an indicator of a model citizen but it could have been a one time act of desperation in an otherwise well balanced life. Or it could indicate a person who is casual about the law in more ways than one.
Being a wife and mother though respectable titles doesn't naturally imply respectability. The above woman was an alcoholic and mother to four children with four different fathers and not a husband in the bunch. Well one was someone else's...how I knew her....
Anyway if this woman is anything like that other she's no gift to society but her story needs to be heard I think just because she's been here and has kids born here.

I have no idea if she served time. The op referenced her being detained in an ice facility, but I would bet that is different than actually serving time for a felony.
The laws that are in place need to be enforced. Had they been enforced this lady would have been deported at that time(2013).

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Anyway if this woman is anything like that other she's no gift to society but her story needs to be heard I think just because she's been here and has kids born here.

I agree her story needs to be told. There are thousands of people that are illegal/undocumented that need to be aware there are numerous programs and resources available to assist them in becoming legal citizens. More of them don't use these programs than do.

Some are afraid it is a trap, so they won't use the help available. Some won't use them because they know they don't qualify for some reason or other, usually crime related. Many of them are actually victims of human trafficking and their handlers, will not allow them contact with anyone that will shine a light onto their illegal operations.

Homeland Security has gone so far as to offer protection from deportation to those that are victims of human trafficking that come forward. So her story needs to get out there to let the undocumented folk know that the best way to stay in the US is to come in the legal way.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: xuenchen

How can a woman never mind her nationality be removed from her husband and two children?

Does the fact that's shes married to a US citizen and have children that are also US citizens not matter at all???

If that is indeed the way of it your nation is significantly more screwed up than i imagined.

Get well soon America.

Convicted criminals get put in jail all the time.

Citizenship has nothing to do with criminal proceedings.

U.S. Citizens are put in jails and many have families.

Don't get sucked into the MSM

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Vortiki

Now to be fair the story doesn't say she collected welfare or that she didn't hold down a job and pay taxes.

Yeah im sure she called the IRS and announced her illegal residency together with her address so she could hand over her money that she owed the state.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Think she may have voted in the last election?

Id theft conviction and all....

It would be a safe bet that she voted in the 2008 election with the fake I.D.s she had at the time.

edit on Feb-09-2017 by xuenchen because: IDcheck

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

How can a woman never mind her nationality be removed from her husband and two children?

Does the fact that's shes married to a US citizen and have children that are also US citizens not matter at all???

If that is indeed the way of it your nation is significantly more screwed up than i imagined.

Get well soon America.

She is not married to a US citizen, her husband is an illegal.

Garcia de Rayos' husband does not have legal status and did not want to be identified. "Basically we are Americans," he said. "This is our country. We were brought here when we were teens."

www.azcentral.com...

She committed a felony.

I think you are from Britain. I heard a disgusting rumor about you brits.

I heard that if someone in Britain robs someone at gun point, the sick twisted British people have laws that seperate that poor father that committed that crime from his family.

You people are twisted, get well soon.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I'm glad to hear there were at least some other mitigating circumstance to her being detained and/or deported because for a minute there i was a laboring under the illusion that some poor woman had been dragged away from her family and kids just down to her being of foreign origin.

I would have thought that being married and having children who are US citizens automatically qualified one for citizenship?

What did she do that landed her is gaol, do you know?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Apparent misunderstanding, no need for any sort of rudeness.
edit on 9-2-2017 by Noncents because: Decency Prevails

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I'm glad to hear there were at least some other mitigating circumstance to her being detained and/or deported because for a minute there i was a laboring under the illusion that some poor woman had been dragged away from her family and kids just down to her being of foreign origin.

I would have thought that being married and having children who are US citizens automatically qualified one for citizenship?

What did she do that landed her is gaol, do you know?

You seriously need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Not meant as a insult btw but it has been pointed out to you in the OP and in the thread already. Her husband was not a U.S citizen.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

n 2013, an immigration judge found Garcia de Rayos had no legal stance to remain in the U.S. and issued a voluntary departure instructing her to leave the country, Ybarra-Maldonado said.

Does this mean all criminal statutes will be changed to include "voluntary" sentencing?

Would be pretty cool if you or I could get away with committing a crime and then be sentenced with a voluntary punishment.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

It's good to see this taking place. Criminals that are already here illegally don't deserve to be here.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Yes but we don't kick them out for anything other than some severe crime and even then if she had kids and a husband in the U.K it would be a legal minefield, especially given the time period she has remained.

Plus lets face it we don't have a Muslim ban in place(as of yet), or Trump for that matter to contend with, but we do have Brexit.

So cheers for the sentiment.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
1 down.....15,735.092 to go. I am not sorry or heartbroken. I would love to see how many years of public assistance she has collected that could have been used for citizens of the US. A felon even.

“We’re living in an era of a war on immigrants,” Ybarra Maldonado said. “This is President Trump’s first move and it’s now time for our community to organize and fight back.”

A war on immigrants? Fight back? You do that Ybarra...

Wow... I guess that's to be expected after 8 years of pandering to their voting bloc, but to sit there and organize a group to "fight back" over removing people that are breaking our laws by being here illegally brings a whole new meaning to self entitlement. Un-freaking-believable.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I did not see what see done. My bad.

We might be twisted, but at least we don't think nonsensical walls and Muslim bans are the solution to our problems.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Man, I'm regretting trying to be civil about that now. You just want to bash on the US? Groovy. Hate away.

Identity theft, illegal husband.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I was on a small phone and feeding the kid with my other hand.

My bad.

If shes holding people up at gun point then that's a different kettle of fish.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

I did not see what see done. My bad.

We might be twisted, but at least we don't think nonsensical walls and Muslim bans are the solution to our problems.

When you think of illegals, just think of them as a greedy horde coming to take your stuffs. Your sides snowflake kneejerk responses will become self controlled.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No you didn't... LMFAO!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Don't take it like that, its not like its a perfect world over here, personally i hate my own government just as much as your own.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

To be fair i have lived next to many refuges and understand the problems associated with such, but they are not all thieving bastards coming to take you stuff.

Some if not most are just people looking for a better life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join