It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris to erect bulletproof wall around Eiffel Tower

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I just find it tragic that such a minority of the world population can affect so many. TPTB, terrorists, fanatics account for so few yet reach so far.

Perhaps less people are travelling due to financial or social instability? Other conditions could perhaps account for the decline in tourists in Paris. Though I'm sure the horrific attack did have some sort of effect on people's holiday destinations.

Sad news Lags.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

The first thing in my mind (not knowing a thing about the area) is that a wall would trap people INside as well. In a calamity, the thing is going to be... a calamity.

So... I think it's ineffective. They need something different.

You are right Byrd.

There will probably be some kind of secured waiting line outside the wall similar to the one already at the tower entrance and also soldiers and police patrolling the inside of the wall too...

But this probably won't be a 100 percent fool proof deterrent as I am sure that there is always away to hit innocents when it comes to a radical brainwashed wannabe killer.

We will just have to wait and see what is announced concerning this project in the future.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

As i stated earlier , the terrorists are winning .

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Other than putting a hole in the metal what effect would a bullet have on the Eiffel Tower ? , with all the security around there a gunman would likely only get a couple of shots off , I'd have thought he'd rather use those rounds on people.

What next , a perspex screen around Big Ben ?
I think it's a bad idea , if we change our way of life they've won.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Anti "muslim" walls?

Lol, turns back to CNN.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Fear is a powerful weapon!

And those who spread and broadcast fear on a daily basis are only strengthening their cause.

edit on 9-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
if one looks at the graphic showing the outer glass wall which encompasses the Tower & most of the Palasides on which the Tower sits

see: www.leparisien.fr...

it is obvious that any group of gunmen entering the glass walled fort will become trapped

(along with the public visitors to be used as hostages) this glass wall thing is not-the-answer....
terrorists or cells of gunmen are not prevented from accessing the tower.... there seems to be no weapons or bomb sniffing devices at the gateways of the glass-walls....

so only flash-mobs are the target to keep-out, so-it-seems

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Lol of course I do.

But the premise of a wall is laughable. Like someone posted before this post, their tourism is probably down across the board....

But why!?!

Come on, just say who is doing these things! Be as clear and direct as possible. Just like you would if you were describing someone to the police that you just witnessed commit a crime.

Come on, the root cause is what... That is how you solve problems.

If these bad people are not there, they cannot do this to France right?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Perhaps less people are travelling due to financial or social instability?

I just read an article about how people turn their holidays to Spain instead of Egypt or Turkey because of security. I know this make the Terrs winning but somehow I can't blame them for not willing to risk it. Me? I will visit Paris anyway one day preferably before this new great wall.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

And those who spread and broadcast fear on a daily basis are only strengthening their cause.

You mean like every news outlet in the world reporting on people getting run down by a truck . Are we supposed to hide that somehow .

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Other than putting a hole in the metal what effect would a bullet have on the Eiffel Tower ? , with all the security around there a gunman would likely only get a couple of shots off , I'd have thought he'd rather use those rounds on people.

The target isn't the towers, its the tourists. Wherever people gather (unarmed) in mass they are vulnerable to attack.

Movie theaters, schools, airports, nd yes especially tourist traps.

Imagine how much revenue is lost from the tourism industry? The more response they illicit from the state to provide protection measures, the more costly it becomes, the more the people shy away from these places, the more a countries culture and heritage are diminished.

One day, there is no France, EU, or US, just one large ecumenical holding company, where "--all necessities are provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused." --Network, money speech

Now figure who is behind the war on terror, for real.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

I have given you an answer and you know it already so look for yourself...

I will not bite your baited hook pal.

Lags

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Well that is exactly what I meant! (Along with Facebook Twitter even us on ATS etc) We could turn it off (but admittedly I probably won't).
edit on 9-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
And i thought the talk of the town was the police brutality case from last weeks friday. Where some cops(they are allowed to do everything as it seems, for the "peoples security", because it´s state of emergency) beatd up and penetrated a young black boy, Theo was his name if i remember right, with a baton. So that he ended in the hospital.
That´s btw the reason for the riots that almost not reported in the MSM.

What a luck for the french rulers that there is a neverending state of emergency. I read that the cops now shoot with sharp ammunition... "but only into the bottom in front of the protesters/rioters"...

Thoughts?

First protect your own people from your own police, get back your freedom(end of the neverending state of emergency), then you can think about that tower, dear neighbours!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
And i thought the talk of the town was the police brutality case from last weeks friday. Where some cops(they are allowed to do everything as it seems, for the "peoples security", because it´s state of emergency) beatd up and penetrated a young black boy, Theo was his name if i remember right, with a baton. So that he ended in the hospital.

What a luck for the french rulers that there is a neverending state of emergency. I read that the cops now shoot with sharp ammunition... "but only into the bottom in front of the protesters/rioters"...

Thoughts?

First protect your own people from your own police, get back your freedom(end of the neverending state of emergency), then you can think about that tower, dear neighbours!

Great post. Hegelian dialectic once again being used against the masses.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Come on, the root cause is what

Failed interventional policies , unrelenting support for Israel and Religious fundamentalism , although the religious fundamentalism isn't one sided.

We sowed the seed no we reap the crap.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

It is being reported all over the news here in France Der and the Gvt are asking for serious reprimand concerning the pigs that did this to Théo :

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

So then the 'terrs' will just shoot up the people lined up to get in at the entrance.

Dumb idea.

Do you ever consider the problems the entire world is facing, or just like to seem like a reactionary to those who do?

Never seen you offer any solutions, just crap on any that are proposed.

jesus...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Sounds like you want to complain about an eye soar but not the problem or cause.

Fine

If you want a thread based on complaining and not how to fix things then have at it. This thread is now sans Graffik if that is what you want.

I'm not baiting as you say... Calling a spade a spade is how you define the problem. But we are not talking about the problem here, just complaining how...aah man this wall looks bad...right?

Telling me to look it up on Google is not helping anything. Being politically correct... I think is another problem with all this but mostly in the thread.

So please clarify....
Are we complaining or wanting to have a discussion on how this can be solved and maybe solve future related problems?

Graffik

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Because the solutions are the problem. If the state owned mass medias of the world stopped promoting fear and the gubment didn't want to use that as excuse for increasing control of populations then it wouldn't be a problem. Get it?

The war on terror is contrived, the enemy is the people, the solutions are more terror, control and punishment...

...of, by and for mega corp.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join