It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Mapping Bug....Or something else?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Hello! This is my first thread so go easy on me. Mods are welcome to move this to the appropriate area if need be.

I found this little guy while looking at an apollo image gallery online. Many of you have probably already seen this and probably discussed here as well but on a search I couldn't find anything.

Anyways, what do you think it is? It looks to me like it is a bug on the lense. Maybe a dust mite? This is from a very high resolution image that I zoomed in to look around. There is a list of mapping images that are taken at timed intervals and the suspect turns up a number of times but moves (rotates, changes position in the XY directions) and shows in various degrees of detail. Please let me know what you think.

Required credit line for image: NASA/JSC/Arizona State University.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: erikthegreen

Could you bring me a link where such an image exists in NASA?

I can't find this image anywhere in NASA's site; or in the whole of Internet for that matters.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

A closer look , no idea but Phage should be along soon .

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Well, I'm not Phage, but as Swanne I can already notice that the angle of illumination in the "anomaly" doesn't match that of the craters around.

In other words, the image is fake.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

apollo.sese.asu.edu...

That has a bunch of stuff. Its hard to tell you exactly but it came from there. On the first page it mentions this image as something to specifically ignore.

What I mean by hard to tell is that there are so many images...lots of weird stuff in the zoom ins but this was something that stands out the most.

There are lots of snake like things too.

I'll try and hunt down an example for you.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Fake?? Really?

Haha it makes me think of the definition of fake. Well its from them. Hold your rainbow ponies...I mean horses.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Pro Tip: When you do threads like this, it is always a good idea to include an actual link to the image/video/article, especially if it's an image, a link to the original source for the image is best.

Looks like something got on to the negative of the film (skin flake, dirt, liquid splatter) when it was being developed.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

The image in your op does not appear in the link you gave me.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: erikthegreen

Fake?? Really?

Haha it makes me think of the definition of fake. Well its from them. Hold your rainbow ponies...I mean horses.

Pegasus.

And take your time, I'm in no hurry.

edit on 9-2-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I'll link an image directly which has a similar thing going on. You will need to zoom in to find it though.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i'm not sure of the *exact* details so i can't explain it fully, but i recall we had a lot of these turning up a few years back and it was pretty much proven to be something to do with the emulsion the negatives were developed with.
if not exactly that then something close enough as makes no difference.
people sploshing liquids whilst performing an extensive, arduous task.
it's actually kind of beautiful really, little signs of human error that indicate the immense work that went into the original creation of all these images.
unfortunately for fans of giant amoebic alien life, it's definitely not something on the moon, you can tell by how uniformly black and flat it is. any real object would have more lighting/atmospheric interaction.

damn but it does my heart good to see some moon mystery coming back to this place

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Here is another. The images are massive so they are tough to find. This one has a bit more detail. I clipped some of the interesting ones so that is why I have these.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Seriously, you need to provide links to the photos, not just a link to the main site, which contains thousands and thousands of images.

It's also helpful to post the information about the photo: Which mission took the photo, area of the moon it was taken, etc.

The reason we ask for you to provide links is so that no one can claim you photoshoped anything into the image.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Here is a sub-par example: wms.lroc.asu.edu...

There is a black spot near the center in the pic that is clear to see when zoomed all the way out. Zoom in to it.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I would have to agree that it's some type of contamination from the development process. A single skin cell or speck of dust can do amazing things to a photo by the time it's been enlarged and finished.
Good eyes though.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Its in the AS15 mapping camera section. Once you find one you can follow the images along and see the way the suspect changes from image to image. Interesting stuff.

And yes, that place is pretty overwhelming.

Look at the "About the scans" page from the main site to see a little tidbit on what they say you might find.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

If it is in many of the images, do you think it would still be contamination during development? I'll try to find another where the orientation changes.

The location in the image changes as well.

I was hoping it was on the lense but you may be right.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Lots of things like this too but they seem less interesting to me. That was after a few hours of searching.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I love aliens on the moon conspiracies

I dont really believe it, its more of i want to believe but they are so much fun and so interesting.

Really like the idea that the whole Apollo missions were about making contact with Alien life.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

It's lint on the film from the scanning process so the "object" is not in the actual picture, there are many other such examples.

While the image processing steps undertaken as part of this effort may have removed some of these blemish features, users should be aware that blemish features exist in many of the images.
apollo.sese.asu.edu...

The image you posted is shown in the link above.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join