It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight countries sign up to counter Trump's global anti-abortion move

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Eight countries have joined an initiative to raise millions of dollars to replace shortfalls caused by President Donald Trump's ban on U.S.-funded groups around the world providing information on abortion, Sweden's deputy prime minister said.

Isabella Lovin told Reuters a conference would be held on March 2 in Brussels to kick-start the funding initiative to help non-governmental organizations whose family planning projects could be affected.

The Netherlands announced in January the launch of a global fund to help women access abortion services, saying Trump's "global gag rule" would cause a funding shortfall of $600 million over the next four years.

Eight countries sign up to counter Trump's global anti-abortion move

This news fills my heart with joy. There's finally good news related to something Trump has done.

This may be an important case study. A lot of people believe that the U.S. cannot cut its spending around the world because too many key services would be lost. That may not be the case after all.

It's great to see the international community doing something unequivocally positive. I realize that many pro-lifers will disagree with that, but I don't think they're basing their opinions on the evidence.
edit on 9-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Abortion is BIG business, of course they need to raise millions... They will not do the killing for free...

RA

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

There is no "anti" anything. The money is not being used to promote it. Twisted words.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

It is fantastic news! So many places around the world will suffer due to lack of family planning information due to the NGO EO. Too bad for Trump, it won't stop sane people from filling in the financial gap.

edit on 9-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

Abortion is BIG business, of course they need to raise millions... They will not do the killing for free...

RA

It is NOT big business. The EO effected even just INFORMATION.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gription

There is no "anti" anything. The money is not being used to promote it. Twisted words.

The EO ends up to be 'anti' a lot of things. Since NGOs even including information abortion were effected by this.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Awesome News! Trump is already making other countries step up and saving us some some money! #MAGA

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I hadn't realized there was a global US abortion apparatus. Interesting!

For my whole life I never truly did partake in an abortion debate, was quite a bit ignorant to the whole thing. Then the other day I happened to click on such a topic and happened to stir up the reality that there is open acceptance to late term abortions right here in the ATS crowd. This struck me as being quite disturbing, which then prompted me to finally set about figuring out how such procedures (the part where the would be infant is dead before exiting the womb [and therefore being its own living being]), and that was amongst the sickest words I've ever read.

Dilation and Evacuation (D and E)

This type of abortion is done after the third month of pregnancy. The cervix must be dilated before the abortion. Usually Laminaria sticks are inserted into the cervix. These are made of sterilized seaweed that is compressed into thin sticks. When inserted, they absorb moisture and expand, thus enlarging the cervix.

A pliers-like instrument is inserted through the cervix into the uterus. The abortionist then seizes a leg, arm or other part of the baby and, with a twisting motion, tears it from the body. This continues until only the head remains.

Finally the skull is crushed and pulled out. The nurse must then reassemble the body parts to be sure that all of them were removed.
www.abortionfacts.com...

Now that might not be the most wicked arrangement of words I've ever seen constructed, but I happen to be able to visualize things on the large scale, and it sure seems like it right this moment. What is beyond clear to me is that if people are going to advocate the 'right' to deal with things, they should also be against the idea of it simultaneously. They should advocate people going to lengths to argue against actually going and doing it. It is actually possible to advocate against such brutality, while also being for the availability of it as an option. Unfortunately, I've never witnessed the words of a pro-abortion soul to ever put it anywhere near that set of terms....
edit on 9-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

"trumps global anti-abortion move"

Umm... Reuters, this wasn't an "anti abortion move", this was a "stop funding overseas move" to reduce national debt. It was obvious that other countries would step up to cover the withdrawal of funding by the US, Trump would have been aware of this and I am sure this has worked out perfectly. Same funding the groups receive, less money sent abroad by the US.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

As far as Planned Parenthood is concerned, I'm pro-life. I'm totally against abortion

~Donald Trump

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

What monies are being spent to counter the activities you wish to promote?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I hadn't realized there was a global US abortion apparatus. Interesting!

For my whole life I never truly did partake in an abortion debate, was quite a bit ignorant to the whole thing. Then the other day I happened to click on such a topic and happened to stir up the reality that there is open acceptance to late term abortions right here in the ATS crowd.

Only in cases to save the mother's life. The statistics on that are tiny. Show me where you see a general acceptance of late term abortion among the 'ATS Crowd'.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

What monies are being spent to counter the activities you wish to promote?

To counter family planning? I hope none.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The irony of it all, you want to be independent woman yet you want the man in charge to pay?

Man I dont understand the American lady, our Aussie ladies just make us wear a condom, you guys have gotten weak.

It's great to see the international community doing something unequivocally positive. I realize that many pro-lifers will disagree with that, but I don't think they're basing their opinions on the evidence.

??? Man you have lost your mind, no evidence needed if that's the case only women tax payers should foot the bill.
edit on 9-2-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

Once again, what monies are being spent to counter the activities/murders you wish to promote?
Leftists are so obsessed with killing innocents that the lack of promotion equals opposition?
Antithetical viewpoints are the human norm towards abortion worldwide. You might be the freak.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: constant_thought

"trumps global anti-abortion move"

Umm... Reuters, this wasn't an "anti abortion move", this was a "stop funding overseas move" to reduce national debt. It was obvious that other countries would step up to cover the withdrawal of funding by the US, Trump would have been aware of this and I am sure this has worked out perfectly. Same funding the groups receive, less money sent abroad by the US.

It wasn't obvious at all, who would step up or the reasons. Trump is becoming close allies with anti choice people and evangelists. Especially our VP. The reasons are far from being a clear business decision.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

It was just the other day. "None of your business" was the ongoing response to supporting to open late term abortions, the question was re-iterated to no avail for pages, by multiple people, and scores of stars for every "not your business" related response. Surprised you somehow missed it.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

You hope none. I hope none as well. This man is shrinking government spending just about everywhere so don't expect a global usa push for "fill-in-the-agenda".

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
The irony of it all, you want to be independent woman yet you want the man in charge to pay?

Man I dont understand the American lady, our Aussie ladies just make us wear a condom, you guys have gotten weak.

??? Man you have lost your mind, no evidence needed if that's the case only women tax payers should foot the bill.

Deja vu. Other uninformed people have posted this here before. Condoms are about 81% successful in preventing pregnancy. That means, for the DeVos fans, 19 in 100 women will become pregnant after proper use of a condom.

What MAN in charge are you referring to to pay for it?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

You hope none. I hope none as well. This man is shrinking government spending just about everywhere so don't expect a global usa push for "fill-in-the-agenda".

This is a country, not a business. Other countries recognize what they are and are trying to help.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join