It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriots Super Bowl Win Sparks Torrent of Racial Hate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: pale5218

You mean "go back to drinking and crying" because something must have clouded your perspective during the game.

Relax pudding... its a game, I was irritated at the time... now I no longer care, because all in all it does not matter in the scheme of things...

It's not about the game!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
But the racism tag is just plain nuts. Both teams have a white owner, white coach, white QB, mostly black team. How is the Patriots winning any different than if the Falcons had won?

It's just now the Falcons have an "extra" jersey

(post by Urantia1111 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by ErrorErrorError removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is not the conversation among non-white people anywhere offline. Maybe on some forum on the internets. But I love how you take 5 twitter quotes and used that as evidence that people of color are upset about white people winning some stupid championship.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

For everyone who is upset. . . . . .

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You make a comment about the game, then tell me its not about the game... so which is it?
edit on 9-2-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Can you give us a head count?

Those that complain about MSM fake news that have srarted threads with fake news vs. those that have complained about MSM fake news but have not started threads pushing alternate fake news...

I'll wait.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Stupidity is out of control. That's all I have to say.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
a reply to: DeadMoonJester

White people just win.

Its what we do.

We cant help being supreme.

lol
"You are going to be so tired of winning"......DJT 2016 campaign

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This word you keep using "White", I dont think it means what you think it means...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The monstrosity is this continued assault on Conservatives fear center that there's millions of nutty liberals waiting to guilt them on social media...

People should really stop turning 50 people into millions and millions.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I raged a bit about the Pats winning...but thats because it looked much more like a payoff rather than a great game. (Patriot receivers couldn't get open for 3 quarters suddenly they could not be covered in the 4th) But... those statements... make me want to drink and cry for the future.

ETA: Not an atlanta fan, just as a Florida born and raised person I detest the NE in general... sick to death of them snowbirds coming to florida and telling us how we do everything wrong and should change the way things are done to better suit the yankees.

Ha! Finally some normal trash talk! To which I say:

Eat it! Falcons tired themselves out and let themselves get pushed out of FG range then on our very next drive allowed back to back TO BACK very clear pass interference penalties. You can't give a hungry Tom Brady that kind of shot.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Takes the cake? Yea, but you ain't seen nothing yet. This type thing feeds itself and as more pile on, more feel safe in piling on.

Its all down hill from here.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
So is Matt Ryan just the palest African-American ever or am I missing something in this new logic of theirs?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Hehe I am actually a Bucs fan... just sick to death of hearing how the Patriots invented football and everyone else is a pale imitation.. (yes hyperbole)

For reference I hated the Bulls with Jordan for the same reason... and the Cowboys in the '80s when they were coined "Americas" Team... Or the golden state warriors last year in the NBA... when the press beat a horse to death, I grow to hate it. (not true hate just intense dislike of the media dismissing every other team in a sport)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
February 9, 2017

Ohhh.. say it ain't so! A group of butt-hurt New England Patriot players are BOYCOTTING the White House visit and accompanying accolades.

""Make it five. Five New England Patriots players who won’t be going to the White House when the team is honored for winning Super Bowl LI. LeGarrette Blount joins Chris Long, Dont’a Hightower, Martellus Bennett and Devin McCourty, saying on the “Rich Eisen Show” that he will not be attending the ceremony.""

Source: www.msn.com... artanntp

Did any Super Bowl winners boycott this annual ceremony during President Obama's tenure?
edit on 2/9/2017 by carewemust because: added URL

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Nonsense like this better left un-commented on. Everything done and said today is always twisted in ways like never before. It has become so convoluted, it is scary and the media won't stop until people stop clicking on their BS.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I am, as I stated, rather new to spectating this particular sport, but I have to ask what you are talking about. All the calls seemed reasonable, and from what I understand of the pass interference rules, the calls were legit, slow motion re-plays showing as much. My understanding is that until a receiver lays hands on the ball, all an opposition player is formally allowed to do, is go for the ball, the other, less favourable option being to wait until they have it, to put them down, preventing them making more yardage than the pass did, but with the receivers team retaining possession. Preventing an eligible receiver from catching the ball by laying hands on them prior to their contact with it, is a foul. That is what happened, repeatedly, which is what handed the Pats the game.

If my understanding of the particular ruling in question is in error, please, someone correct me. But from my perspective, it very much seemed as if there were many incidents in the closing stage of that game, where the Falcons repeatedly played the player, not the ball in circumstances which demanded otherwise.
edit on 10-2-2017 by TrueBrit because: grammatical error removed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join