It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spicer: Nordstrom Dropping Ivanka Trump's Line Is 'Direct Attack' On President Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Spicer told reporters during his daily press briefing that the decision -- which Nordstrom said was a result of poor sales, not politics -- was because of the clothing company's displeasure with President Donald Trump's executive orders and his policies.

"I think this is less about his family's business and an attack on his daughter," Spicer said. "He ran for president. He won. He's leading this country. I think for people to take out their concern about his actions or his executive orders on members of his family, he has every right to stand up for his family and applaud their business activities, their success."

Spicer: Nordstrom Dropping Ivanka Trump's Line Is 'Direct Attack' On Prez

Donald Trump has just turned the U.S. federal government into a public relations organization for his family's businesses. This has to be one of the greatest feats in world history.

I agree with the following statement.

“It is a total misuse of presidential power,” said Lawrence M. Noble, the general counsel of the Campaign Legal Center and formerly the top lawyer at the Federal Election Commission. “He is really bringing to bear the whole weight of the office of president on a business decision. Take another company that is considering whether or not to drop her line — they obviously are going to ask themselves if they want to be attacked by the president.”

Trump Assails Nordstrom for ‘Unfairly’ Dropping His Daughter Ivanka’s Line

“Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." ― Benito Mussolini

We have definitely reached that point in a tiny way. How much further will it go?

Because we don't have access to Donald Trump's tax returns, we will not be able to assess how far we are down that road. There are too many things we don't know about Donald, and now we have to be concerned about the conflicts of interest of his entire family.
edit on 8-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Both Wal*Mart and Wal*Mart shoppers would love to have her clothing line there.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Perpetual victimhood.

It's a magnificent sight to behold the Cult of Trump work the mental gymnastics on that front.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If we toss Trump out, the people he has recently aligned himself with can collapse the economy of this country. Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Spicer is absolutely correct.

What is your point?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
People are wrong when they call Trump Hitler. Hes more a Mussolini style fascist crossed with the religious right.
edit on 8-2-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I read about this earlier, but your OP reminded me...

I just emailed Nordstrom to tell them that I will NEVER shop at their store or online again.
Which is a shame, because they recently opened a store near me.
I told them that I will not shop there because of their animosity toward Ivanka Trump and her father, and because they have politicized their business.

If they are going to choose sides in politics, and it is not the side many agree with, then they are going to lose customers.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Major international issues with this.

Has the U.N. or NATO commented yet ?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I bet Nordstrom gets a visit from ICE next week.

And an audit from the Labor Dept.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Of course it is.. its a direct action taken against Ivanka because Trumps in the white-house.

They'll come out with all kinds of technical specifics as to why the brand was dropped - but most people understand the reality of today's opposition to Trump. They have money, power & reach.

They've done this to try and promote a response from Trump, I think they want him to do something about it at which point they can then claim he's using the Presidents office for his families benefit.. thus ''impeachment''

I hope he's careful... tweeting might be enough for them to make a case!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I can see this from both sides and if me being a trump supporter can understand this should never be addressed coming from the white house you can understand this has alot to do with a trump presidency.

Its a public relations issue for nordstroms not an issue on sales! As i have personally seen them push clothing lines that nobody buys anymore for years past when they had not been popular and have seen them push unpopular brands that didnt want the urban attention it got even after that brands owner was quoted saying that.

This is the same pathetic attempt to attack trump by any means they can. However its within their rights to do so but im sure they begged her before trump ran to have her clothing line. I expect nordstroms to eat crap in sales and to lose investmentors and when that happens as it should they shouldn't complain because they started it. Trumps daughter should have issued the remark on social media. He is her father and just like any father he feels protective of her.

If someone didnt like you personally and treated your kid like crap because of it you would feel the same way too.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
People who try to claim that a man should not defend his daughter cannot possibly be liberal or conservative.

You're just a piece of snip.

If I were Trump, I would.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I read about this earlier, but your OP reminded me...

I just emailed Nordstrom to tell them that I will NEVER shop at their store or online again.
Which is a shame, because they recently opened a store near me.
I told them that I will not shop there because of their animosity toward Ivanka Trump and her father, and because they have politicized their business.

If they are going to choose sides in politics, and it is not the side many agree with, then they are going to lose customers.

Lol good luck losing half your sales nordstroms! Who do you think buys clothing from their very pricey, very "white clothing" store? I'm sure latinos and black people are going to line up to pay 200 dollars for some uggs because of nordstroms political stance lol. They basically screwed themselves!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Stock goes up 4%. Looks like wall street thinks that dropping the brand was good for the company. End of debate.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

It seemed like a bad business decision to me based on the fact that those who would appreciate the gesture are the hardcore protesting leftists who it seems dont have 2 cents to rub together???

How does trying to appeal to a basically broke demographic make good business sense?

My conclusion is that the company as an individual is an ultra liberal SJW type who would rather commit suicide than live in a world where Trump is POTUS.
I know I shouldnt but I cant help feel a tiny bit of respect for anyone whos willing to die for their beliefs

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

You still going at this?

If her last name was not Trump, would they drop her? You think her line is the only one on the decline?

I GUARANTEE you thier are lines that are doing worse.. ooh but of course, nothing to do with her last name.
edit on 8-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Stock goes up 4%. Looks like wall street thinks that dropping the brand was good for the company. End of debate.

Didnt stocks also go up when Trump was elected? If Im not mistaken didnt they climb to record numbers?

Does that also mean Wall Street and its backers think Trump is good for America?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You know as well as I do that Trump's stock market rise is a pump and dump. Not to mention that the market lost about $150 billion when his muslim ban became an issue.

By the way, the numbers helping "trump's" stock market rise are because of Obama's policies.

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha

Didnt stocks also go up when Trump was elected? If Im not mistaken didnt they climb to record numbers?

Does that also mean Wall Street and its backers think Trump is good for America?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

It came back since.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You do realize that it has come back because the muslim ban will most likely be shut down or drastically edited because of the court.

What a horrible argument you just made.

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

It came back since.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join