It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyes Open: Sean Spicer FALSELY Says Atlanta Hit By Islamic Terrorist Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

no
He uses an example of a possible outcome if a terrorist gets in.
I often wonder if you, and people like you would be willing to put your freedom and your finances up as collateral in exchange for your vision of what immigration should be.
Would you?
Would you accept possible criminal charges for negligent homicide if somebody got in that wouldn't have if the Trump Admin had their way killed people in an act of terror?
Would you accept being able to be sued by the survivors in a court of law and have your assets seized to provide compensation?
If not, then perhaps you should pick a different argument, because it isn't just an idea that you are promoting. It could very possibly mean lives. INNOCENT lives.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

We would need some clarification on his part.

I'm willing to hold judgement until then.

Will we get that clarification, or we instead hear the cries of fake news?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mizzijr

The only thing I can think of is Orlando. I mean rally, that was a big one and recent.

49 people dead, over 53 wounded. I would assume that would be #1 example to use. You would almost certainly lead with Orlando.

Got his cities mixed up? I am willing to bet yes.
edit on 8-2-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

I often wonder if you, and people like you would be willing to put your freedom and your finances up as collateral in exchange for your vision of what immigration should be. Would you?

I thought immigration was already a pile of crap. So haven't I already done so?

Would you accept possible criminal charges for negligent homicide if somebody got in that wouldn't have if the Trump Admin had their way killed people in an act of terror?

That is always a possibility. Seems that you are more interested in a "cut the nose to spite the face" policy.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Reverbs

We would need some clarification on his part.

I'm willing to hold judgement until then.

Will we get that clarification, or we instead hear the cries of fake news?

I'm hoping the first one. We shall see.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

The only thing I can think of is Orlando. I mean rally, that was a big one and recent.

49 people dead, over 53 wounded. I would assume that would be #1 example to use.

Got his cities mixed up?

That's the most likely thing I can think of. Orlando and Atlanta have the same vibe in my head when I try to think of them. And Florida and Georgia are right there next to each other.

So Spicer just fix it because one mistake isn't so bad, but if you compound it by not admitting it you're going to make this worse on everyone.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This is right wing propaganda coming from the white house. Scary that this is reality and its coming from the most powerful office in the world.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: Abysha

I am pretty sure that is not a real person.
Wasn't he a character in a comedy?

Yep:
www.imdb.com...

But I guess you knew that?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
This is right wing propaganda coming from the white house. Scary that this is reality and its coming from the most powerful office in the world.

it's a press briefing of course it's propaganda to some extent or another.
There's an entire MOS trained in the Army to talk to the press, and trust me you dont' try to make yourself look bad.

the key here is it's a two way street, so we get to verify what is said.

But if Spicer keeps trying to be weasel dude.. Well, he's going to lose his credibility.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus and introvert
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Can you please provide the video timeframe where Spicer uses the words "Islamic terrorist attack" and "Atlanta" because I can't find it.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

originally posted by: infolurker

49 people dead, over 53 wounded. I would assume that would be #1 example to use.

Got his cities mixed up?

That's the most likely thing I can think of. Orlando and Atlanta have the same vibe in my head when I try to think of them. And Florida and Georgia are right there next to each other.

So Spicer just fix it because one mistake isn't so bad, but if you compound it by not admitting it you're going to make this worse on everyone.

I agree, he screwed up and said Atlanta... easy enough if he comes clean and says he screwed up.

But if you are trying to make a point about terrorism, Orlando would be the #1 example to use.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Can you explain where Eric Rudolph went to and come back from?

Since you want to argue senantics and all...

(Assuming he is talking about the 1996 olympic bombing, the only significant terrorist attack to have occured in Atlanta)

edit on 8/2/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I asked a simple question. You did everything but answer it. Good job. Hillary, is that you?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It's one thing to dodge a question, it's another to fabricate things repeatedly from the press secretary. This is unacceptable. Please stop being a right wing apologist.

originally posted by: Reverbs

it's a press briefing of course it's propaganda to some extent or another.
There's an entire MOS trained in the Army to talk to the press, and trust me you dont' try to make yourself look bad.

the key here is it's a two way street, so we get to verify what is said.

But if Spicer keeps trying to be weasel dude.. Well, he's going to lose his credibility.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

The premise is that Spicer said "an Islamic terrorist attack in Atlanta"

So, did he say that or did others say that he said that?

It's kind of a big thing when the accusation is that he said that, when I can find zero evidence he said that.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I found it.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.washingtonpost.com... =.94ea66e40e4c

they are doing this on purpose. Making us go on goose hunts. I don't get it.

John Allen Williams, Muhammad joined the Nation of Islam in 1987 and later changed his surname to Muhammad.[2

He was charged with murder, terrorism, conspiracy and the illegal use of a firearm, and faced a possible death sentence.

edit on 8-2-2017 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

It's one thing to dodge a question, it's another to fabricate things repeatedly from the press secretary. This is unacceptable. Please stop being a right wing apologist.

Ad hominem is when you lack a real argument. Try not to use that on ATS please.

He's not fabricating anything.
Not on purpose.

the News did fabricate that he said Islamic terrorism. Does that bother you?

But while we are at it you may wish to read my posts carefully. I'm arguing on BOTH sides. Know why? I don't have a team.. I'm going for the truth. And the more I play on both sides of the court maybe others will see my example and break free from their bias which would really help me find the truth easier..

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Can you please provide the video timeframe where Spicer uses the words "Islamic terrorist attack" and "Atlanta" because I can't find it.

I did not claim he said anything about Islamic terror in Atlanta.

I'd like to know what foreigners came back to Atlanta and committed an act of terror, though.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

I asked a simple question. You did everything but answer it. Good job. Hillary, is that you?

I try my best to not answer stupid questions.

Sometimes I fail.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I did not claim he said anything about Islamic terror in Atlanta.

I'd like to know what foreigners came back to Atlanta and committed an act of terror, though.

Really guys, you don't think he slipped and said Atlanta instead of Orlando? It seems to be the obvious explanation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join