It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine Invasion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Glad you stopped by to take a look.

I've thinking about taking this series into another interesting angle, organic machines (think robinson carusoe). Like bamboo and rope and pullies, or some stone block door mechanisms. Time to cue up some documentaries and get inspired

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Hey I would at least buy you dinner if you jumped on a plane to come hang out and paint

Last night was my 2nd opening for this show, really great response, I think almost every one of my gallery mates sold art. The residency (venue) I have is slowly transforming into more fine art presentation and a little less 'cheapo pop art for nerds', and is interesting to watch as more people discover the place and enjoy their experience. Not even sure yet what I'll be bringing for next month, but it will be fun figuring it out.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

In relation to that, check out Strandbeest

If you haven't already, of course

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

This artist is amazingly weird, I saw him on social media before and love his work!

The machines have been doing well in the new venue that is surrounded by construction (mostly new Amazon bldgs) and an industrial minimal interior

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I love the machines but it doesn't matter what subject you do, the interpretation is always yours. Not many people can do that, it's the mark of a true artist.

I have an idea to throw your way inspired by what you said about exhibiting your machine paintings. Have you considered making frames of a mechanical look that would actually look like pipes disappearing in to the wall around the frame? Make the frame a machine part is what I'm saying and it could be any shape, parts of it could intrude in to the painting area or outside in to the wall. Use actual machine parts or make stuff out of wood and pvc pipe, etc. Anyway, just an idea to throw your way.

Keep being yourself,
ATA

top topics

<< 1   >>

join