It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Refugee Charged after Multiple Sexual Assaults in Canadian Swimming Pool

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Um...just maybe not a lot of Canadians agree with you on accepting refugees? I think Chris Alexander had a hand in that. I'm proud of the stand we took, and the way we are going about it. Are some bad apples going to slip by? Hell, you've got some bad apples at your local Tory riding associations as well.
And you said to me: "But I think by criticizing the religious and cultural practices of the refugees in question, which are in many cases contrary to the values of Canada, I have done far more than you. "

So...is that your legacy project?

So much for your echo chamber theory. The question is whether they disagree for valid reasons, or because they have been taught to. Gauging by the content of your own arguments—“you’re a bigot”—I suspect the latter.

Just for your consideration, I am posting the following link. Yes, I know you probably don't like HuffPo, and it's an American take but maybe you'll give it a quick read, and maybe it will resonate just a little. And maybe you'll try to engage with the local refugee community, just a little. Just to test your notions through personal experience. And if not...well, we've talked this out about as much as we're going to and I'll bid you adieu until we butt heads on some other topic. Fair?
‘They Took The Hatred Out Of Me’

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
But hey now you are thinking like the perp so kudos to your compassion! Lets group hug!

a reply to: marg6043

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
North America is a nation of immigrants and refuges, let them stay until they pull stunts like this; then if they can't control themselves in public and behave like civilized people, send them back, they squandered the good graces of the country that took them in. I don't want one penny of my tax dollars paying for these guys.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I haven't read any of the replies, not even the original post.. but i saw the title on the first page and i got to tell ya, it is common by now in some European countries hence MSM does not even report such things at all.. so yeah in the end; as a lemming would ask:

Why is that even on the top page and why would you even create a topic about it? Common implanted nonsense clearly tells you that its perfectly normal!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

What is fair is that we use arguments to state our case. But your insistence that I am a bigot or a racist, in combination with your use of another's quotes about conservatives, or articles written by others, proves that fairness is the least of your concerns.

I engage with any individual regardless of status, class, or religion. I choose to hold the same standards to everyone, and will not apologize for criticizing other cultures or religions different than my own.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

What is fair is that we use arguments to state our case. But your insistence that I am a bigot or a racist, in combination with your use of another's quotes about conservatives, or articles written by others, proves that fairness is the least of your concerns.

I engage with any individual regardless of status, class, or religion. I choose to hold the same standards to everyone, and will not apologize for criticizing other cultures or religions different than my own.

Well, seeing that you chose to leave a bigly number of my questions just dangling, I choose to conclude this chat, so as I said, see ya in the funny papers. Besides...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Well, seeing that you chose to leave a bigly number of my questions just dangling, I choose to conclude this chat, so as I said, see ya in the funny papers. Besides...

It's for the best. False accusation and questions are less than convincing.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

The week before it was a born and raised Edmontonian.

The week before that was a born and raised Canadian from Edmonton's surrounding area.

The week before that was an immigrant that has been in Canada for over a decade.

Only one of these was one perpetrator, one victim. But, only one of these has made news headlines.

Why does it matter that in this instance it was a Syrian refugee? It appears to be an issue that happens far to frequently, with perpetrators coming from all walks of life and social status.

And how do you know these things...Because they were included in the headlines that's how. I am not against refugees, I am saying that journalism cannot be or rather should not be steered away from facts simply for the fear of talking points or political correctnes. If it was a white male or a native Canadian or any other demographic I'm sure his picture would be plastered across the interwebs. But yet somehow because of the inclusion of the FACT that he was A Syrian refugee it is somehow morally wrong to include that fact in the story.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
How many of you voted for a man who gets away with grabbing vaginas? Or just walks up to women and starts kissing them?

Good question.

How many of you did vote in blill clinton when he was elected?

For science.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
But did he have a sexual emergency? If so he is fine.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Annee

Do the Welch and Danish cultures have a longstanding history of being culturally and religiously accepting of assaulting females and the underaged? No? Well then, "just happens to be Syrian" may not be a throw-away detail, ya?

Not relevant.

It appears all is not relevant if a White male of western decent didn't participate, it wasn't a bid deal.. I would block you too you are not a true feminist or true to your own self. WTH?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Do the Welch and Danish cultures have a longstanding history of being culturally and religiously accepting of assaulting females and the underaged? No? Well then, "just happens to be Syrian" may not be a throw-away detail, ya?

Not relevant.

It appears all is not relevant if a White male of western decent didn't participate, it wasn't a bid deal.. I would block you too you are not a true feminist or true to your own self. WTH?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chemicalbrother

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: thesaneone

Always trying to justify these things.

I see you removed your comment.

I removed it because the formatting was screwed up.

Again, how many sexual assaults total in the area?

Like in ALL. Not "pick a Syrian".

That is not justifying anything, except sexual assaults happen all the time. They do not just happen because someone was Syrian.

No idea, but if one guy can pull off six of them in a single day then I'd say it's likely he's done it before and will do it again.

He touched them while they were all in a swimming pool.

It's happened to me. Don't know if it was intentional or not, but it happened.

Yes, it is sexual assault. But, trying to blow it up that he assaulted 6 girls in a single day - - is a bit dramatic.

Exactly the problem. Progressives only care about the evil white man. You would be so outraged if it wasn't a refugee or minority.

Seriously he sexually assaulted teenage girls and this is a very common story in Europe. Stop downplaying it like it's not as big a deal unless a white guy does it.

ATS, please bring back the ignore button.
I can't stand this Bullsh.. anymore.

You're opposed to what exactly?

I have daughters. They have had incidences. White guys, actually.

I'm not gonna join your profiling Lynch Mob.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

How does that relate to your original post? Kinda looks like a search for validation to impugn refugees.

I have no problem with refugees. Let's not resort to the typical liberal mistake of conflating a specific group of refugees to mean all refugees. I do admit I have a problem with refugees who bring with them their backwards religion.

It's not just backward religion. Do they have the language proficiency and literacy to become useful members of society? We do not need a bunch of illiterate military age men who do not speak the language of the land to live off of state assistance in ghettos and increase the crime rate of the area.

Also while many do not want to admit it, just like average height, average skin color, hair traits, and facial traits are shared by many of those of a region, those are not the only traits shared. It may not be politically correct, but reality does not need to be politically correct.

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

What you should have asked is "what is the percentage of the number of immigrants committing sexual assaults out of the total immigrant population?".

Yes that is the question. I'd like to know the answer, and it should be determined. Since 2015 about 40,000 Syrian refugees have entered into Canada. Of course I doubt this is the only case of sexual assault that has been committed by 40,000 people, but trying to paint an image of them all being molesters when a single case has emerged isn't going to cut it. Maybe it's higher, maybe it's not?

Germany I hear is having thousands of sex assault cases per year with hundreds of rapes from refugees. Cut the numbers proportionally to the reduced canadian numbers and you'll see how many cases are likely being covered up by canadian authorities

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Since people are scared of being called racists or bigots I'll say it. What do you expect when middle eastern countries view women as an object and not a person. Women have basically zero rights over there and that's what the men are taught. Why people think that'll magically change by them coming here is beyond me. Middle eastern men think they can do what they please to women because that is their culture and that won't change anytime soon. Look how long it took Christian men to accept that women are equal. Islamic men are way behind the curve and this crap will keep happening because that's the way they were brought up. They have zero respect for women. I have a middle eastern friend who talks about raping someone like it's nothing because in their minds it's okay. People need to wake up and realize there is a massive cultural problem with them and it won't change by comi ng here.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Hang him... from his pecker... if it falls off god #ing bless. I mean allahu ackbar.

Scum

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

What you should have asked is "what is the percentage of the number of immigrants committing sexual assaults out of the total immigrant population?".

Yes that is the question. I'd like to know the answer, and it should be determined. Since 2015 about 40,000 Syrian refugees have entered into Canada. Of course I doubt this is the only case of sexual assault that has been committed by 40,000 people, but trying to paint an image of them all being molesters when a single case has emerged isn't going to cut it. Maybe it's higher, maybe it's not?

Germany I hear is having thousands of sex assault cases per year with hundreds of rapes from refugees. Cut the numbers proportionally to the reduced canadian numbers and you'll see how many cases are likely being covered up by canadian authorities

Germany is a different case altogether though, they opened the doors to literally anyone that would show up. Canada has not done that, and obviously it's not perfect but you can't just compare the statistics of one very different procedure with another one. I'm not disputing the fact that there should be information but you can't just claim it's being covered up therefore it's a catastrophe.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

What the hell does cis-white mean?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Not relevant.

I'm not a true feminist because I won't lynch someone who is Muslim?

How often do news headlines state: White Christian Male molested girls?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join