It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Refugee Charged after Multiple Sexual Assaults in Canadian Swimming Pool

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

How does that relate to your original post? Kinda looks like a search for validation to impugn refugees.

I have no problem with refugees. Let's not resort to the typical liberal mistake of conflating a specific group of refugees to mean all refugees. I do admit I have a problem with refugees who bring with them their backwards religion.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

How does that relate to your original post? Kinda looks like a search for validation to impugn refugees.

I have no problem with refugees. Let's not resort to the typical liberal mistake of conflating a specific group of refugees to mean all refugees. I do admit I have a problem with refugees who bring with them their backwards religion.

Sure. Inappropriate touching is a religious issue. Like, you're not saying that with a straight face, are you?

And who was it that said "Though the debate about Syrian refugees doesn't rage here in Canada as hard as it might in the US, with Canada's "inclusive" stance towards Syrian refugees, cases such as these could only add fuel to the fire."
Yes, it will, if there are those who deliberately choose to do so. Tell me instead what you are doing to help the refugee transition to Canadian society?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Though the debate about Syrian refugees doesn't rage here in Canada as hard as it might in the US

With the help of veterans we could have thousands more refugees like Scandinavia. Female teenagers won't be safe to go alone anywhere.

I expect better than misrepresentation of facts from veterans who have given limbs given that it wasn't a Muslim ban. Pakistan. Saudi Arabia. They weren't affected by the immigration ban. Mostly failed states. Out of the 50 predominantly Muslim nations only 6 were affected by Trump's order.

edit on 9-2-2017 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Sure. Inappropriate touching is a religious issue. Like, you're not saying that with a straight face, are you?

Have you ever left the comfort of your elite liberal abode? If you had, you would know that men and women cannot go into the pools at the same time in islamist countries. But no, this is Canada, where as soon as you step on the soil your past experience is erased.

And who was it that said "Though the debate about Syrian refugees doesn't rage here in Canada as hard as it might in the US, with Canada's "inclusive" stance towards Syrian refugees, cases such as these could only add fuel to the fire."
Yes, it will, if there are those who deliberately choose to do so. Tell me instead what you are doing to help the refugee transition to Canadian society?

I'm sure you're just chomping at the bit to tell me what you have done. Go ahead; no one is stopping you.

edit on 9-2-2017 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I'm sure you're just chomping at the bit to tell me what you have done. Go ahead; no one is stopping you.

It's actually 'champing at the bit'...but I digress.
As to what I've done, it's kinda immaterial. What I have not done is support claptrap like "If they had proper vetting, it is unlikely any of this would have happened in the first place..."
Please explain the vetting that would have revealed this sort of behaviour. When you have that figured out, please contact the Vatican because they could sure use you to keep an eye on their clergy.
You known, if you are going to be biased against Syrian refugees and Muslim immigrants in general, why not just own it and stop the silly denials and defections?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It's actually 'champing at the bit'...but I digress.
As to what I've done, it's kinda immaterial. What I have not done is support claptrap like "If they had proper vetting, it is unlikely any of this would have happened in the first place..."
Please explain the vetting that would have revealed this sort of behaviour. When you have that figured out, please contact the Vatican because they could sure use you to keep an eye on their clergy.
You known, if you are going to be biased against Syrian refugees and Muslim immigrants in general, why not just own it and stop the silly denials and defections?

Immaterial indeed, even non-existent. You haven’t done anything but paraded yourself to be higher and mightier than others. That doesn’t work anywhere beyond your thoughts and feelings.

Why don’t you just admit you hold lower standards to Syrians refugees and Muslim immigrants than you would others?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

For starters why is it ok for you to call out the Catholics for their child sex scandal, but inappropriate to call out the abuse from countries like Syria?

As to vetting, of course it won't be 100% accurate. But many of the people from these countries don't think that touching a girl in this manner is inappropriate. And so the vetting process could ask a series of questions to get the immigrants views on women, LGBT, and other such things. If they lie, that's another matter that is tough to catch.

Maybe they did ask these questions, I don't know.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

For starters why is it ok for you to call out the Catholics for their child sex scandal, but inappropriate to call out the abuse from countries like Syria?

Trying out my irony button. I guess it doesn't work as well as I thought it did

As to vetting, of course it won't be 100% accurate. But many of the people from these countries don't think that touching a girl in this manner is inappropriate. And so the vetting process could ask a series of questions to get the immigrants views on women, LGBT, and other such things. If they lie, that's another matter that is tough to catch.

A good question, and I will try to get a specific response. But a lot of this bad behaviour we hear about comes from primitive people...it's not like all of our refugees just fell outta the trees. And just because you're Syrian, doesn't mean that you can't be a pervert, too. But in my humble opinion, the OP has chosen to use this case to hang his bias upon. And I have heard so many weasel words and dog whistles, I wish this type would just man up and say "Yah. I'm a bigot, and proud of it, so screw you." I think I could respect that better.

Immaterial indeed, even non-existent. You haven’t done anything but paraded yourself to be higher and mightier than others. That doesn’t work anywhere beyond your thoughts and feelings.

Why don’t you just admit you hold lower standards to Syrians refugees and Muslim immigrants than you would others?
Really? I ask you what you've done aside from casting shade and that's all you got? That's pretty funny in a sad way.
edit on 9-2-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: Yes, indeed!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Man... You are a really sad Canadian with no clue.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Really? I ask you what you've done aside from casting shade and that's all you got? That's pretty funny in a sad way.

First you said I was launching an attack, and now it's casting shade. I'm curious as to what other metaphors you can use to describe criticism, because sooner or later you'll run out. But I think by criticizing the religious and cultural practices of the refugees in question, which are in many cases contrary to the values of Canada, I have done far more than you.

But in my humble opinion, the OP has chosen to use this case to hang his bias upon. And I have heard so many weasel words and dog whistles, I wish this type would just man up and say "Yah. I'm a bigot, and proud of it, so screw you." I think I could respect that better.

You're the one who connects cultures and religions to the colour of people's skin, and you understand dog whistles. Maybe it is you who should man up.
edit on 9-2-2017 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
for a being a cis-white supremacy!

Hate to break the news to you, but if you are inviting 3rd world refugees who don't respect your daughters, instead of the Saudi Royal family to your country then you are expressing SUPREMACY over nada. Nothing. Zilch.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

But I think by criticizing the religious and cultural practices of the refugees in question, which are in many cases contrary to the values of Canada, I have done far more than you.
Have you considered perhaps assisting a local family in making the adjustment? You know, something positive?

I'm sorry I can't join your echo chamber in making this one pervert your poster child for Syrian refugees, but if that is who you are, at least own it.

originally posted by: blackadder01

Man... You are a really sad Canadian with no clue.

My, how profound. And just where does that pass for discourse?
edit on 9-2-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: spelling matters!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

If you had, you would know that men and women cannot go into the pools at the same time in islamist countries.

Calgary (4 hours away from Edmonton) allows non traditional bathing gear in all of its city swimming pools. That includes hijabs, saris,leggings ect. This allows other cultures to be comfortable. They also offer woman only classes. Perhaps over time we all will be encouraged to wear modest bathing attire as this will also prevent unwanted attention.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuckmaking this one pervert your poster child for Syrian refugees

Maybe there is no such thing in Syria.

Maybe that's the definition of manhood. Perhaps the age stigma that western societies enforce, are not part of Islamic society.

And being infidels that the Canadian teenagers are rejecting the true faith of the middle east are not regarded with the same respect as they would treat a Muslim woman.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Have you considered perhaps assisting a local family in making the adjustment? You know, something positive?

I'm sorry I can't join your echo chamber in making this one pervert your poster child for Syrian refugees, but if that is who you are, at lease own it.

My charity is none of your concern.

More false accusations and attributing motives.

I’m in an echo-chamber. You damn right I am, but it is your echo-chamber This accusation from a Canadian of all people. Show me any negative press about Syrian refugees that you’ve seen from within Canada. That’s right. It is you in the echo-chamber. At least own it.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: fernalley

Calgary (4 hours away from Edmonton) allows non traditional bathing gear in all of its city swimming pools. That includes hijabs, saris,leggings ect. This allows other cultures to be comfortable. They also offer woman only classes. Perhaps over time we all will be encouraged to wear modest bathing attire as this will also prevent unwanted attention.

People should be able to swim in whatever they wish without having to worry about being groped for doing so.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: TheTory

I think the best deterrent is to say if you slip up we deport you back to Syria (or where ever your running form) hand you over to Assad and let him deal with you. That would be a much stronger deterrent.

Oh, c'mon sir! You act as if you have never had a pleasant uninvited groping from a 3rd world ferengi.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I'm sorry I can't join your echo chamber in making this one pervert your poster child for Syrian refugees, but if that is who you are, at lease own it.

My charity is none of your concern.
More false accusations and attributing motives.
I’m in an echo-chamber. You damn right I am, but it is your echo-chamber This accusation from a Canadian of all people. Show me any negative press about Syrian refugees that you’ve seen from within Canada. That’s right. It is you in the echo-chamber. At least own it.

Um...just maybe not a lot of Canadians agree with you on accepting refugees? I think Chris Alexander had a hand in that. I'm proud of the stand we took, and the way we are going about it. Are some bad apples going to slip by? Hell, you've got some bad apples at your local Tory riding associations as well.
And you said to me: "But I think by criticizing the religious and cultural practices of the refugees in question, which are in many cases contrary to the values of Canada, I have done far more than you. "

So...is that your legacy project?
edit on 9-2-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: bully! bully!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Um...just maybe not a lot of Canadians agree with you on accepting refugees? I think Chris Alexander had a hand in that. I'm proud of the stand we took, and the way we are going about it. Are some bad apples going to slip by? Hell, you've got some bad apples at your local Tory riding associations as well.
And you said to me: "But I think by criticizing the religious and cultural practices of the refugees in question, which are in many cases contrary to the values of Canada, I have done far more than you. "

So...is that your legacy project?

So much for your echo chamber theory. The question is whether they disagree for valid reasons, or because they have been taught to. Gauging by the content of your own arguments—“you’re a bigot”—I suspect the latter.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
a reply to: Annee

What you should have asked is "what is the percentage of the number of immigrants committing sexual assaults out of the total immigrant population?".

Yes that is the question. I'd like to know the answer, and it should be determined. Since 2015 about 40,000 Syrian refugees have entered into Canada. Of course I doubt this is the only case of sexual assault that has been committed by 40,000 people, but trying to paint an image of them all being molesters when a single case has emerged isn't going to cut it. Maybe it's higher, maybe it's not?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join