It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Refugee Charged after Multiple Sexual Assaults in Canadian Swimming Pool

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

A 39-year-old man has been charged in connection with several sexual assaults that occurred at the West Edmonton Mall World Waterpark over the weekend.

Police were called to the waterpark at around 10:30 p.m. Saturday.

Officers said a man inappropriately touched multiple teenage girls while they were swimming at the waterpark.

“The girls were very courageous in coming forward and talking to the lifeguard, that’s not always the case,” EPS spokesperson Scott Pattison said.

Soleiman Hajj Soleiman, a Syrian refugee and father of six, has since been charged with six counts of sexual assault and six counts of sexual interference.

The Edmonton Police Service Zebra Child Protection Section has taken over the investigation.

Global Edmonton

Though the debate about Syrian refugees doesn't rage here in Canada as hard as it might in the US, with Canada's "inclusive" stance towards Syrian refugees, cases such as these could only add fuel to the fire.

With the stance of Canada's leadership towards refugees in such contrast to that of the US, we have the unfortunate chance of viewing the results of this experiment as it unfolds.
edit on 8-2-2017 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Guys, this is what we deserve for a being a cis-white supremacy!

+55 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

The innocence of several teenage girls is a small price to pay for the rewards of multiculturalism and to avoid hurting the feelings of a grown father of 6.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
nm
edit on 8-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

+51 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Always trying to justify these things.

I see you removed your comment.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I seem to remember an old saying along the lines of "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Last I heard someone actually say that, it was a "holistic" practitioner of the Wiccan persuasion, professing peace, love and unity should be practiced by all.

+29 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

It wasn't the grown father of 6 fault, it was the young girls, they should never be allowed to be by themselves exposed without a proper male companion, hell they are lucky they didn't got raped.

OOps, I forgot, this was in Canada not in the middle east.

Sorry.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This guy should be deported back to Syria.

Simple as send him back and lets see how he gets on in one of Assad's prisons.

Lets not pretend however that this is some how proof that letting in refuges is wrong or dangerous. Its a sad fact of life that this goes on regardless where people are from there are always going to be vile human beings who do evil stuff like this regardless of their immigration status.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

The innocence of several teenage girls is a small price to pay for the rewards of multiculturalism and to avoid hurting the feelings of a grown father of 6.

Are you saying the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many?

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This guy should be deported back to Syria.

Simple as send him back and lets see how he gets on in one of Assad's prisons.

Lets not pretend however that this is some how proof that letting in refuges is wrong or dangerous. Its a sad fact of life that this goes on regardless where people are from there are always going to be vile human beings who do evil stuff like this regardless of their immigration status.

If they had proper vetting, it is unlikely any of this would have happened in the first place with such costs to the girls in question, the culprit's family, and to the Canadian taxpayer.
edit on 8-2-2017 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Always trying to justify these things.

I see you removed your comment.

I removed it because the formatting was screwed up.

Again, how many sexual assaults total in the area?

Like in ALL. Not "pick a Syrian".

That is not justifying anything, except sexual assaults happen all the time. They do not just happen because someone was Syrian.

+38 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

What you should have asked is "what is the percentage of the number of immigrants committing sexual assaults out of the total immigrant population?". But instead, you chose to deflect (which has now been edited) and try to insinuate that the number of sexual assaults committed overall by citizens AND immigrants makes the number done by immigrants seem insignificant.

What you fail to put into perspective is that the opening post is ANOTHER example of the incompatibility of cultural differences that are forced upon us but which don't enrich our society as we are continually told.

edit on 8/2/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Poor bloke

Hes been through alot and I think we all need to be a bit more understanding of his situation.

First thing we need to do is get him a green card to America and then everything will be fine, hell start having BBQs with his neighbours and watch the superbowl while drinking a beer. Most importantly as soon as his feet touch American (or European) soil he will be magically transformed and all his rapey, misogynistic ways will be gone.

I hope Trump knows this is all his fault for not letting poor people like this guy into the US

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
And this is what open borders gets people.

Suddenly the American political neologism 'war on women' has new meaning.
edit on 8-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Are you saying the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many?

Its all for The Greater Good 😊

+4 more 
link   
Sounds like he needs his kids taken away. He sure as hell doesn't need to be teaching them this kind of crap is ok.

Then locked up, then kicked out.
edit on 8-2-2017 by chiefsmom because: spelling as usual

link   

If they had proper vetting, it is unlikely any of this would have happened in the first place with such costs to the girls in question, the culprit's family, and to the Canadian taxpayer.

To be fair this guy could have passed every security check known to man then went out and done this after coming up cleaner than something very clean.

I think the best deterrent is to say if you slip up we deport you back to Syria (or where ever your running form) hand you over to Assad and let him deal with you. That would be a much stronger deterrent.

It would also mean that we are not closing our doors to those in need because of a few bad eggs.
edit on 8-2-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
Please don't forget the trial. Although his guilt is pretty certain, everyone inside these borders deserves a trial before punishment.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I seem to remember an old saying along the lines of "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Last I heard someone actually say that, it was a "holistic" practitioner of the Wiccan persuasion, professing peace, love and unity should be practiced by all.

I seem to remember an old saying along the lines of "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

I like the one..."Give 'em an inch, and they take a mile".

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I seem to remember an old saying along the lines of "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

I like the one..."Give 'em an inch, and they take a mile".

More like give them an inch and they take over your country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join