It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have ATS back, please?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Rest in peace ats..

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Is this another thread complaining about the volume of political threads instead of making a topic you really want to discuss?

He really wanted to discuss his complaints about the volume of political threads, so to answer your question Yes and No

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
He really wanted to discuss his complaints about the volume of political threads, so to answer your question Yes and No

There are one of these threads nearly every day, so I guess the irony is lost.

I said it before in other threads like this, if you want to make a thread and are uncertain or questioning its merits talk to a mod, they helped me with mine and it wasn't politically-based.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
There are many conspiracies to investigate in the workings of US government, as well as the governments of the world.
This election has exposed many things that woke people up to what is going on, if they were not already aware.
The MSM conspiracy against the truth, and their attempt to manipulate public opinion, government corruption, the NWO...
Is ATS restricted to conspiracies like chem-trails, or can we not also investigate the political conspiracies?

But the stupid political rant threads are indeed annoying.

edit on 2/8/17 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There are one of these threads nearly every day, so I guess the irony is lost.

I said it before in other threads like this, if you want to make a thread and are uncertain or questioning its merits talk to a mod, they helped me with mine and it wasn't politically-based.

2 things

I call fake news on your "nearly everyday" comment, its max one a week

And secondly when were you ever uncertain or questioning the merits of something you did???
That doesnt sound like you at all

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It can be done easily.
Move mud-pit section to the off topic section so it doesn't display when you view recent posts.
Creating the mud pit was the worst descision ever.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

Blue is indeed blue. saying it's green won't change a thing.

Thankyou for helping to prove my point.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
i'm feeling this pretty intensely too, and at least for myself, it doesn't seem to be as easy as just not going into political threads...
loathe to sound judgemental but over the last so long there has definitely seemed to be an influx of a certain type of poster, the sort who seems to have come here via 4chan, and with them comes a certain sort of negative rhetoric...
i'm a member of a minority that is traditionally the butt of a lot of jokes and cruelty, and to an extent that's always been just a part of life among the conspiracists - a snarky 'original' punchline here, a thread about how i was created in a lab to further the nwo there - but there has undeniably been an immense uptick in that sort of behaviour over the last year.
in fact i've been posting here since about 07, over a couple of accounts, and it's only in the last six months that i've had to give myself 'conspiracy breaks' because the vitriol and nastiness has gotten so palpable.
it's not as simple as avoiding political threads, it colours the culture of the whole site.
i relate this not as some 'woe is me' bid for sympathy, but more because i feel people like me are the proverbial canary in the coal mine, barometers of a type of casual social cruelty.
they'll call me a snowflake for voicing that, but that's kinda part of the whole thing, isn't it?
i don't know what to do about it but this seemed like the first relevant thread to bring it up.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

People like him have learnt "not to post" because when they do they get jumped all over, called names, slandered and treated like their opinion is worthless. You did it yourself, again, in that very post by calling Reldras posts "bat# crazy".

Well, yes, though to be honest lack of time is more often the root cause. Reading can be done quickly, and if I don't have the time, I can simply decide not to visit ATS for a while. Writing posts, OTOH, takes time. And if you start a thread, you are somewhat expected to "maintain" it, that is: respond to others that give their opinion, which takes more time. I often simply don't have that time.

But yes, if one has some time at hand it is better spent in a constructive manner. I don't mind being opposed, as long as it is done with regard to manners and decorum. Like an old 1960's pop song said: "Sympathy is what we need, my friend, for there is not enough love to go around" - likewise manners and decorum is what we need if there is not enough sympathy to go around.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I keep seeing these kinds of posts.

Perhaps, the reason ATS has been so politically driven as of late is due to the seriously bad condition that our world is in?
Like, super dangers folks. Like WW3 or economic collapse or martial law or devastating evil agendas could play out real soon.

I'm actually more concerned that so few discussions seem to relate to it and instead re-hash the MSM to prove that Trump is either a good guy or a bad guy.

But then, I've also considered that perhaps the majority of people who ARE aware of all the behind-the-scenes plans, the cognitive dissonance, the outright danger of our nation's destruction due to the Globalist Elite have already left the building. Maybe they've gone and prepped themselves away in a cabin somewhere. Probably a smart idea for survival chances a year from now tops I'd say if one has the resources.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I call fake news on your "nearly everyday" comment, its max one a week

There was one yesterday because I remember posting in it, they usually start in the Rant forum or Board Business.

And secondly when were you ever uncertain or questioning the merits of something you did???
That doesnt sound like you at all

Well, I knew the interview thread would be fun, I just wasn't sure if the powers that be would feel the same way, so I asked. I mean I know they lied when they said it would be fun for them since we all know the moderators are androids, but hey, they played along.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Thanks, I appreciate that.

I'll be honest in that I attempted to call out some of my favorite opposition for what I perceived them to be and some rules are apparently not meant to be broken.

So I'm trying to be more subtle but at that point it's just not worth it anymore...

Lurkers gonna lurk

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I agree. Thats why I am trying not to respond on political threads and only on alien etc paranormal ones.
I logged in yesterday and about 18 out of the top 20 threads were about Trump. I asked myself, 'what is thia? The Trump site?'

a reply to: ForteanOrg

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

i don't know what to do about it but this seemed like the first relevant thread to bring it up.

I find that statement ironic in this thread as what you just said should probably be fleshed out into its own thread haha
You didnt come across snowflakey at all

Out of curiosity what minority do you belong to? I never heard any of those slights used against anyone?

You should definitely post more, you come across as very articulate and intelligent

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: erikthegreen

Thanks, I appreciate that.

I'll be honest in that I attempted to call out some of my favorite opposition for what I perceived them to be and some rules are apparently not meant to be broken.

So I'm trying to be more subtle but at that point it's just not worth it anymore...

Lurkers gonna lurk

Did you call someone a shill?
I did that several times, even got a small post ban for it once haha

Theres always ways to get around certain rules, for instance instead of just screaming "SHHHHHHIIIILLLLLLLL" at someone respond to their post politely then at the end ask how much or who pays them.
Gets the point across and Mods dont give you a spanking

Theres plenty I hate about this place but theres more that I love, take the good with the bad and just keep truckin I say

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join