It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have ATS back, please?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It's what's in the News and what's been on the news over the last year?

Immigrants, Asylum seekers, Muslims, Terrorists & Trump.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I think it was the debunkers who had a lot to do with the changing of ATS. All of their name calling and their belittling drove a lot of the better posters away, IMO. Calling people delusional, or paranoid etc., tends to make conversation tough. For it being a conspiracy site, there is a lot of ridicule for conspiracy theories.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
ATS is no longer a site of advanced thinkers, or even conspiracy thinkers….It is a pedestrian site with very low-level political trolls particularly, imo, from the right invading it and taking it over.

Often this place looks like a Stormfront site

Hate liberal this, hate liberal that, Muslim hate this, Muslim hate that, over and over and over and over...non stop.

I cannot prove it, but it looks like it’s intentional by some outside sinister force. The same force that orders Alex Jones, Rense, Red Ice creations and others form going from conspiracy sites to Alt-right at the same time of the Trump candidacy.

Just look at the OP’s today there are so many liberal hate Ops as to be an extension of Alex Jones

ATS cannot do much about it; they have to just wait until it boils over one way or another.

It’s good though for the sites ratings and people have a right to make a buck

If anyone disputes the above, go back to threads during the Bush Jr. era (2005-ish would be good). Look at the topics that were being posted and replied to. Look at what the discussion was.

It's beyond painfully obvious that there's been a influx of one type and exodus of another type around here.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It is kind of a reflection of the conspiracy field in general, which has been virtually hi-jacked by the right wing in recent times. Alex Jones and Donald Trump being at the fore-front.

So of course this website gets inundated with political nonsense using conspiracy buzz words, telling people to 'wake up', accusing people of being brainwashed etc, when all they are doing is providing an alt-right 101 lecture.

I do miss the Mayan Conspiracies, Alien sightings, hollow-earth, Financial manipulation etc discussions...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I wanted to post the same thread, but I dont have enough posts to write my own yet. ANd I don't care to write in the politics posts. I am a long time lurker here, only recently became a member. You cant even look on the home page anymore to find good sci fi or other cool/weird topics. 70% is Trump and other bs I dont come to "Above TOP SECRET" to read about. I can go to Drudge report if I want that (AND I DONT!!).

About the only way to stop this is for the admin to just flat out delete those forums. But it wont happen. Im sure they enjoy the traffic it brings to the site, even though it is in the long term damaging their old timer traffic.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
I think it was the debunkers who had a lot to do with the changing of ATS. All of their name calling and their belittling drove a lot of the better posters away, IMO. Calling people delusional, or paranoid etc., tends to make conversation tough. For it being a conspiracy site, there is a lot of ridicule for conspiracy theories.

Not to bring attention to myself, but just as an illustration of my point, this was just posted by a veteran ATS member:

"Put the conspiracy kook aid down...Omg, pizza! Tbtb! Simpsons! It's all interconectered!"

There are 3 to 4 of these guys (I'm sure we all know who they are), that just go around dumping on every conspiracy thread there is. These people, and people like them, make it hard to discuss conspiracies because all they do is try to belittle and tear down anyone trying to have discussions.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
These people, and people like them, make it hard to discuss conspiracies because all they do is try to belittle and tear down anyone trying to have discussions.

I no longer go to the UFO, Ghost, Paranormal, etc threads here on ATS - - because of hard-line debunkers.

Of course no one can prove it. All you can do is share your experience.

Sharing the experience is part of it. There really isn't anything else you can do.

edit on 13-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: illuminatiedchemtrails

I have to agree.. I came to ATS as a lurker for many years and then registered as a user for conspiracy theories in fringe science and similar.

Whenever I login (particularly as I am a Brit) I must admit to letting out a sigh/groan when I see all of the US political mud slinging and awful rhetoric that is thrown around.

ATS has been Hi-Jacked, its really quite simple. Above Political Secrets should be its new name. I am of course not saying that politics shouldn't be discussed here, but nowadays that's all it seems to be.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
double post..
edit on 14-2-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

i think highly sensitive people are more liable to have a paranormal experience, its no surprise they wouldn't want to share or hang around long after sharing here.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure nobody wants to know what is
above top secret anymore. In the past year or so experts have staked out
that nothing even 'vibrates'. Oh, and the brain has no signalling capacity.
You get it. And so do the mods, God bless 'em. Anything goes save for when a gnat's
ass of useful and very real conspiracy surfaces, and then it is conveniently deleted, as 'off topic'.

What troubles me is that the last time I was 'off-topiked', I was grateful, actually, because I let slip a clue that was more than I ought to have aired. Had the post lingered, eventually it would have been possibly ciphered.
Suffice it to suggest that it will not be marketed for purchase in the consumer market, nor acknowledged as being extant. Rather, you will have to earn escape. This may not be the worst thing on earth, after all. As much as money shines, it cannot buy everything.

After a while you learn what 'they' have no intention of letting surface, even as
it is netting us like a UL approved gas attack that has no perceivable form, nor smell.

By experts, I mean the guys everyone looks up to. Quippish and well informed at what they were well informed in,
they know-it-all. I wish I could help them.
There was one post...I wish I could easily find it. Nothing even vibrates.

a reply to: ForteanOrg

# 672

edit on 14-2-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: In his den at 24 Chapel Street, Brian fretted over the boy's scheme to buy a Greek island.

edit on 14-2-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: He didn't especially trust Magic Alex, and there never was any suggestion from the Beatles that Brian come with them.

edit on 14-2-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: He wrote to Nat Weiss that he thought the idea was dotty. "But they're no longer children, and they must have their own way". What good is the Parthenon, without acid?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm aware that i'm joining the conversation very late here, even so,
is there no way to include an 'off topic' /'derailling'/ 'igonre' button to page threads,
rendering useless replies invisible, actioned by the OP ?

Thereby eliminating purposely derailing responses, right from the start if need be.

It is increadibly irritating to get into threads about something other than politics,
only to see an 'off-glide' into snarkyness about snarky snarkness or whatever.
'In jokes' included

The mods can't read everything all of the time,
and often one snark leads to another and the the thread just peters out.

'Don't feed the trolls' you might say (who would)

Yeah right,

But what happens when the trolls,
and the trolls', trolls', trolls' buddies gang up ?
it all becomes uncontrolable

3 strikes and you're out as a guidline ?
edit on 14/2/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

1st example, on the hoof :www.abovetopsecret.com...

Raggedy, duder, you're the case in point !
edit on 14/2/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Considering the corruption and criminal behavior by government officials, conspiracy and discussions associated with such in this forum seems not only worthy but also necessary in a website like this. I too am tired of the subject and tend to pick my battles wisely after it's apparent criminal behavior is present. However, ATS has many places for subjects you wish for and your attendance is welcome.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I agree. And from what i've seen and heard...that is exactly WHY they are here...and on MANY OTHER social media sites... to disrupt. If anyone starts having an intelligent discussion, trading ideas and having a civil discussion/debate... their job is to derail and agitate. Disinfo agent's have run amuck on ATS.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Everyone!? Go directly to either NEW or the FORUMS of your interests. If youre just opening and going to NEWS, TOP, HOT, etc...thats just a small % of topics for the day, and you can avoid this.

Same ATS is here...just swamped in politics if all you do is open, look and move on. With this administration...its not gonna stop for the next 4...and God forbid...8 years.

I agree.

Unfortunately, one thing I've noticed is that lately even new threads that are non-political seem to be routinely dragged there by the trolls until the thread is unreadable and so off-topic that people don't post there on the original subject any longer. A good portion of those threads just die and fade into obscurity. I guess that was the intent of the trolling after all. That effect alone will dissuade some people from even posting to start with.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

You're correct. Just hang here a few years with us... We go through stages... It will shortly turn again.

Welcome here, and best to you!

MS

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
For a site that gained popularity and a supposed huge fan base from attempting at discussing the paranormal to conspiracies, you'd think it would be in the sites best interest to try to find it roots again...Even if it is ridiculous that a plastic grey doll a real alien and debated about as the sites headline.

Like most countries that were a paradise or a utopia, they usually turn into s***holes because of politics or the mixture of religion an politics. I mean, look at Israel...That place is considered holy, and it a s***hole mixed with blood.

edit on 17-2-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
For a site that gained popularity and a supposed huge fan base from attempting at discussing the paranormal to conspiracies, you'd think it would be in the sites best interest to try to find it roots again...Even if it is ridiculous that a plastic grey doll a real alien and debated about as the sites headline.

Thing is, back in the day, there were things posted that no one to this day has a sufficient "answer" for. This mantra that "most of it has been debunked" isn't even close to being credible. That's not to mention the deep philosophical discussions that used to be discussed. You don't see much of it anymore. Shrug.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Yea, but that's the thing, it the element of mystery that can keep these theories going regardless of it being debunked or not. I don't care so much of it being bunked or debunked, so long as it talked about, even though somethings are trival. I wasn't on the site till sometime around thing were changing from what I've read when I joined.

I get what your saying though, like the Black Knight Satellite debunked as nothing more then a thermal blanket, when, hate to brag, but.... I've seen the DAM ****in thing, and a couple of other threads on this UFO give me a little more of a clarity of sanity.

As for politics, and the whole trump thing, it just redundant masturbating for smart asse's or would be good doers who don't do #, as for news, that a different story. But for the most part when it come to politics, they just are Jackoffs.
The thing is I bet the site getting plenty of hits/traffic because of it which is ok, but that not what this site should be about, and should be second level or in the background.

Also, rumors about this site among the web might explain somethings...There some pretty powerful players that have other interests of where this site might be going, or targeting. I.E, like trump.
edit on 17-2-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It is rediculous to think that such a place as ATS would not be noticed by " those with things to hide" . Much like a DDS attack. Even trolls live somewhere.

VF

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join