It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have ATS back, please?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I have gone from visiting daily, to once a week due to all the political threads.

Trump is president, let him try to succeed or fail. It's really that simple.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Echo chambers are good for society. They are containment zones that keep fringe ideologies from spreading.

That's exactly how ignorance is propagated....

There always needs to be the exchange of different ideas thoughts, that's how people and societies grow ...

Science wouldn't be as advanced as it is today if people like that just decided to isolate, that's just one example

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquariusm
I feel like it's definitely spawned more poor behavior that spreads into other threads

I would be interested to hear from long term mods to hear if there are MORE reports, edits, and intervention since the mudpit started then there use to be

The board use to be more strictly policed, requiring more respect and civility out of our community...

If you couldn't debate civilly, have discussions in a way that was constructive, or couldn't respectful, you didn't get to be a part of our community

When you're blatantly disrespectful and hostile in the mudpit, when you go to other threads and run into those posters there is going to be some animosity I'm sure....

It's a bit like being at a get together in someone's house , going to the bathroom and having some spit in your face, and then being expected to be cordial once you're all hanging out in the kitchen

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotTooHappy
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It started going downhill as soon as Barack Obama was elected President.
So.., I'm gonna say alt-right racists and birthers. John Birching teabaggers as well.

Ugh political slang meant to troll or incite negative reaction ....this isn't the mudpit lol ya I know I just bitched about the mudpit

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: belkide
a reply to: Lagomorphe

But it is hard to find new content apart from politics! It does not count when you create the content.

I'm not sure what you mean by this....there have been some wonderful well read threads by posters who author in depth threads about subjects....

The key is to take the time to actually do it, instead of posting a website blurb, two sentences and click post

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hear hear to the OP, I've been here YEARS, previously under a different name because I forgot those login details and became, me. I do pretty much what my sig says, post and look elsewhere, I do that because the civility level has dropped to sewer levels, people just want to have pops at people, threads sometimes are being miss used to spread propaganda and the left wing apologists simply sprout from every where, oh I love free speech but when its just endless endless repeats of the same debunked nonsense then it becomes annoying enough to just not read that forum.

I'm a fan of irony, razor sharp wit and good clean fun but the sniping isn't any of that, its just bloody rude and said with real intent that isn't proper in a PUBLIC forum. We also have many folk who take themselves FAR too seriously, if you are that smart a person and a so called critical thinker then I should be reading about stuff YOU are doing in the real world with threads about you, but I'm not, you are just another person on here and we will be the judge of the standard of your thinking, its not a weapon to try and ram down peoples throats, nor in many cases does it make you right.

So yeah, ATS has changed and not for the good, I come here for the interesting, the creative, the good discussion and the friendliness, sadly a lot of that has gone or is getting suppressed because people just can't be bothered to hang around the thread or forum waiting for the next character attack. I personally have a pretty hard shell and its water off a ducks back when someone tries the brute force argument approach, those people claim to be well educated but they certainly missed out on the manners and civility part of life, I love psychology so on those folks I play with their mind when I get that approach but I'd rather have a decent discussion that play games.

ATS really needs to crack down on the manners issue and especially those that show real anger and threats, if that's all they have then go and find one of those rage forums where you all shout at each other.

The old "if you have nothing good to say, then say nothing' really has meaning here, I'm not asking for censoring but rather SELF censoring where you think before you speak and apologise if you blurt out vileness.

And one last thing, can people STOP calling people racist at the drop of a hat, I'd say 90% of times the usage is WRONG and INAPPROPRIATE, often used by those who daftly support the very people spreading it. There no rule that says you HAVE to like all cultures, religions and skin colour but if you don't like any or all of those then if its hatred you want to speak then clear off but on the other hand if you choose to support every person regardless of what they are doing then please stop tossing the word racist out, look at the situation, reread the posts and use that brain to see if there is actual racism or its just a POV that differs from you, remember there good and bad in ALL.

Paul..Called racist many times because I have a POV about RADICAL Islam yet no one spots its ONLY about RADICAL islam and that my in laws are Muslim as is my wife. And lets not forget the old rule, religion is not a race nor is ideology and I never tar innocent people, ever...
edit on 9-2-2017 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I miss the old ATS as much as the next person.. but we're fighting an information war here. And wars get ugly.

I enjoy most Fortean topics but it's not just some lackadaisical hobby for me. It's the fate of the future of the planet.. all these alternative topics are connected in various ways. From the NWO to the breakaway civilisations, inner Earth civilisations, alien civilisations and everything paranormal under the Sun. And let's not forget secret societies, the occult, religion, spirituality and alternative history.

It's interesting. But to me it's much more than that, it's IMPORTANT. The most important issues on the planet has to do with all of these conspiracies and some of them have the potential to single-handedly change the whole World.

This is why we must fight the New World Order!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
People have to write the threads they want to see on ATS and ignore the shills and trolls and boiler room "bots". Personally, I'm as saturated by politics as the next person, but the politics of this time is very compelling.

One of the most interesting things I've seen in some time was a report of the presence of the Koch brothers at a conference focused on a perceived increase in "authoritarianism" in American society. To me this goes to the heart of many of the political conspiracies discussed on ATS since I have been a member. A lot of the Alex Jones globalism stuff is related to this. To have the Koch brothers come out, warning about authoritarianism, is something of a shock.

It indicates, happily, that the "powers that be" are not a monolith. That's a good thing. It indicates to me that many of those who supported Donald Trump are wary of him. It reminds me of Webster Tarpley's reference to Plato's Republic, where Plato indicates that one of the pathways to a tyranny is when a rogue oligarch (Donald Trump) rebels against the establishment with a "mob" at his back.

This kind of thing bears watching and analysis. It can color one's understanding of a lot of other axioms of the conspiracy world, particularly when it comes to things like the New World Order. Maybe those people don't have quite the grip on everything that George H.W. Bush imagined that they had when he revived the use of the term in a well known speech.

Politics is central now, yet it still bears on almost every other conspiracy topic one could mention. There is always a political dimension to these things. There are cover ups and issues of disclosure that are political.

I've loved my time on ATS. It has made me a better writer, a better thinker and a better lover of humanity. I have defended the integrity of ATS in our troubled time. I would love to see great threads on new discoveries and new conspiracies, and on developing ideas about old situations and issues, but I don't think ATS is going wrong in the big response our community has brought to the politics of the day.
edit on 9-2-2017 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Furthermore, some of the rudeness is unbelievable, I had found a pic, posted in the MSM about a possible ghost picture (I even put possible in the title) and whilst there were one or two interested participants who wanted to discuss the pic, whether it was of a ghost or not, to have a one liner, proclaiming "bollocks" with no further input was a bit disheartening and pretty much killed the thread.

As such, although I come across many of these articles/pictures, I don't bother posting them, because whilst I personally have mixed feelings about whether they are real, fake or pareidolia, I don't want to go to the effort of uploading pics, obtaining quotes, adding my own opinions etc for someone to denounce the thread as "bollocks" By all means have a discussion about whether you think the pic is real or not, but to summarily dismiss a thread like that is just rude.

Totally agreed, a good example of that type of behaviour can be found here in this thread if you scroll down a bit, this was posted today :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Look how long it took for someone to troll an non US post that I created here (just scroll down) :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And people say create threads about other subjects????

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The admins of ats seems to like the bs all the leftist is bringing to ats since the election. Either its ad payments or they just let ats fall.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Amen! It's disheartening to come here and see almost exclusively political topics. One must really look around to find anything more interesting than people arguing about the president.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
another thing to consider is that people don't post "UFO" videos anymore, we used to have a quite regular stream of interesting videos to discuss/debunk but now days there is like 2-3 a month. True 99.9% could be largely debunked but that was the fun of it.

Don't leave me E.T, I don't want to drown in politics. Come save me and take me to space Nandos

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Here's to the Alien (from another world), the Bigfoot, the Leprechaun, the Chemtrail, the Conspiracy, the Bump in the Night, the Underground Base, the Anomaly, and the Hidden Truth.

May we be reunited soon...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
No, you can't have it back.

When a site poses as an open forum and then exposes itself as blatantly left leaning community of moderators that arbitrarily and subjectively impose censorship and make feeble attempts to justify and explain it away, you started a fight that's been a long time coming.

When the media decided to empower all minorities (blacks, gays, transwhatever, this that and the other) and then lost the election, it deflated the momentum and discredited the media at the same time. It also re-empowered tolerant conservatives (you call them white people) that were sick and tired of being called racist and privileged.

Because you pushed the pendulum so far left it snapped back and is now going the other direction, their is nothing you can do about except what you already do on this site, which perpetuates the problem.

Don't like a post, here's an idea, after taking a look just ignore it and move on instead of voicing your outrage over another person's thoughts. As a user you should do this, as a moderator or owner, it's protecting your brand, so I get it.

I'll say this again, there are MANY more people that support conservative views and just don't want to deal with the crybabies that cannot have a conversation about it without resorting to, well just turn on the news and see for yourself, so they keep it to themselves but privately support it. I've talked to countless people that said they didn't vote but were very glad to see the left lose.

So now you have to take your medicine and let the right vent and beat their chest in victory a little while. Good luck and please attack me personally for offending you with an idea that's different from yours.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
You get out what you put in.

This is a poster generated - - participation board.

A thread is started - - poster's respond.

Start a thread on the subject you want to discuss.

Political threads are popular - - well because they are.

The Right claims the mods are Left leaning.
The Left claims the mods are Right leaning.

I will never participate on a non-mod board ever again
, you are free to do so.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I hope we will get ATS back, but it has been invaded with Disrupt Trump members..

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

edit on 9-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Is this another condescending comment whose only aim is to alienate people? I'm sure this thread exists because of people like you...

As for the OP, I wouldn't hold my breath. This site is all but lost to the NWO shills whose only purpose is to foment negativity and conflict amongst members so to keep focus away from any fringe topics and fixed on political bickering and pissing contests.

ATS is compromised.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

The air reeks of arrogance...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join