It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ELIZABETH WARREN - Only the 2nd Senator in U.S. History To be Barred From Speaking.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: TheBulk

Good question just raised by MSM...

WHY is "Obstructionism" currently hurting Democrats in the eye of the voter.. while helping Republicans over 2 mid-terms, and the 2016 Presidential election?

Where are all the polls from the media showing approval of Democrat's obstruction? All through the last eight years anytime Republicans obstructed there were poll after poll after poll showing how supposedly unpopular it was. Now I'm not seeing any of those polls. Why am I not surprised?

I don't think the majority of Americans realize that Democrats are using Obstruction tactics, because they don't follow the nomination processes AND because President Trump is keeping his personal actions as the MSM headline day after day.

And the Dems learned those tactics from the very best at Obstruction in the biz! They witnessed them for 8 years.

My how the tables turn...

Harry Reid?

I'm glad she was smacked down.

She deserves it and I hope she tries to run in 2020.

No one will have to go back 30 yrs. I hope youtube is still around.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Midterms seldom work that way though.

The majority party doesn't usually gain seats. Holds even or loses is usually more common. Which is why it's often called a referendum on the President, if it's his party in the majority.

Majority loses seats-- Suddenly, whether true or not, the President has become a lame duck. In spite of the fact that we've had several two term Presidents in the past three decades...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Is it truly obstructionism if the opposition party is in control of the Senate and the House?

'cause I seem to recall a whole lot of Senate Minority Leader Reid (D-Nevada) leading a lot of obstructionism, too??

Can't have it both ways...or can you?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Is this phenomenon due to Americans never being satisfied enough with their life?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Probably.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, or in this case the Congressional aisles.

This coming midterm is going to be a bloodbath. You thought this Presidential cycle and the stupidity of the aftermath was bad...? You ain't seen nothin' yet. Unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: TheBulk

Good question just raised by MSM...

WHY is "Obstructionism" currently hurting Democrats in the eye of the voter.. while helping Republicans over 2 mid-terms, and the 2016 Presidential election?

Where are all the polls from the media showing approval of Democrat's obstruction? All through the last eight years anytime Republicans obstructed there were poll after poll after poll showing how supposedly unpopular it was. Now I'm not seeing any of those polls. Why am I not surprised?

I don't think the majority of Americans realize that Democrats are using Obstruction tactics, because they don't follow the nomination processes AND because President Trump is keeping his personal actions as the MSM headline day after day.

And the Dems learned those tactics from the very best at Obstruction in the biz! They witnessed them for 8 years.

My how the tables turn...

So...you are saying the left is a bunch of two-faced liars? I mean, if you scream that something the other side did is wrong, bad, evil, etc...and then you do the same thing?

I guess what they meant wasn't that it was bad, just that the right were smarter than them. And now they have become those they used to hate.

Hmmm...kind of says something about their character and their morals, doesn't it.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

That's a fair question, isn't it?

Apparently, two wrongs do make a right! How is it eight year old kids can understand that that isn't the case, but supposedly mature adults can't?

...And we wonder why things are the way they are.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Midterms seldom work that way though.

Presidential elections seldom work the way this one did.

We've now got more people involved in politics than I can remember. Most of the newcomers are watching with as much fervor as I watched the Watergate aftermath back when I was younger, but this time it's an e-mail scandal, a corrupt Foundation, a disaster in Bengazi, and false cries of "deplorables!" Back then the country rejected Nixon's replacement soundly, despite Ford being much less... shall we say, demonic? in the eye of the public. Back then, the Republicans became very transparent and humble in an attempt to rebuild public confidence. Today, the Democrats are doubling down on the labels, the corruption, and the extremism.

2018 will be a bloodbath for the Democratic Party, possibly their last gasp of life... unless things change, and I don't see that happening. Most of the people I know here who were adamant Hillary fans are backing away from her, from Cummings, from Lewis, from Pelosi, and from Warren.

Uncharted territory... using old maps...

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

By 2020, she will be 71 years old. That doesn't disqualify her, but that gives her four more gears to become even more batsnip nuts as she is now! She is already developing that "Nancy Pelosi-deer-in-the-headlights" look about her and sounds almost as bananas as Maxine Waters.

Heard a good one last night: Al Franken will run for president as Jill Stein for his VP pick....It will be the FrankenStein ticket!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Elizabeth Warren's voice mimics the sound of my first mother-in-law. Being dragged across a chalk-board.

Rich over-educated old white woman, telling me about how some old white man is bad.

Somebody curtailed her free speech? Thank you, Jesus!

Probably helped the ozone.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

He is a sitting senator, it applies.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

True enough.

The only one I can think of is Truman vs Dewey, before you and I were born.

I wonder how that midterm went?

As it turns out, the Democratic party with a Democratic President in Truman, lost 28 seats in the House. Though they retained the majority.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I agree with you on midterms. Trump or Bannon maybe figured out how to get the lunatic tendencies of the left out in the open. I am moderate on most issues and it will be long time before I vote for a democrat again. Listening to their leadership is like nails on a chalkboard.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

The hilarity of watching people get mad that a single senator was shut up when she clearly broke the rules, who are excited about shutting down the free speech of people on the right, is fantastic!

You silenced Milo and Pocahontas was silenced. We're even, right? The difference of course being that the senators life was never actually in jeopardy and it didn't cost tax payers a dime to shut up Pocahontas.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ash614

Maybe that was part of the plan with Bannon. I never could get a straight answer about why he is so despised, but he certainly is despised. I don't think he is now even a part of the official administration; last I heard he only headed up the transition team. Maybe he was chosen for that role just to mix up the swamp to find out where to start draining?

Someone correct me if I am mistaken about his present role.

I do know this much: Trump is crazy like a fox. The man has made a fortune, literally, off of controversy and bulldozing over his opponents (witness Rosie O'Donnell). Every move is calculated. I wouldn't be surprised if, once the furor finally dies down, we discover he hates using Twitter.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
According to Wikipedia he's an assistant to Trump and the White House Chief Strategist which is a new position. Their page for that position explains a bit more.

Thanks for questioning that, I never would have looked it up or known otherwise.

I haven't looked much into Bannon but from the little I've seen, which has been biased, he appears to be something like Karl Rove.
edit on 11-2-2017 by Noncents because: Reworded

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Why does everything in America for news always gravitate towards 13% of the population no matter how removed it starts out.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

I spent some time looking over that page, and it certainly does look like Bannon has Trump's ear. Thanks for the correction.

I still don't see what is so bad about Steve Bannon. He's definitely farther right than I am, but in an advisory role that doesn't sound so terrible to me. I have noticed that, unlike his predecessors, Trump seems happy to surround himself with dissenting opinions, as long as those dissenting opinions are from successful people. I like that; it is the mark of a successful businessman and, I hope, a successful leader. The media tried many times to point out those differences of opinion during the election, but to no avail. That tells me maybe I am not alone in my thoughts.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I still don't see what is so bad about Steve Bannon.

I think there's a natural distrust of any advisor of a ruler of any kind. For many reasons throughout history but my generation grew up with Jafar, the evil advisor in Aladdin. In a way I sort of blame Disney.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You may be right. After all, we are seeing a lot of people placing Trump in a "Darth Vader" role (without any substantial reason why). Maybe they're assuming Steve Bannon is Emporer Palpatine?

And does that make Warren their version of Princess Leia? *shudder*

Sad, really, when so many can't separate fantasy from reality...

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join