It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ELIZABETH WARREN - Only the 2nd Senator in U.S. History To be Barred From Speaking.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Grambler

I did not say that feelings ought to be voiced in Senate, although a little compassion would not go amiss in that room. But what I did say, was that the truth, the facts, should be voiced. The facts are that Sessions did mess people around during the civil rights movement, did misuse his power, and any proper examination of his actions at the time would inform a person of as much, as is made utterly clear by Kings letter.

As a statement of record, I feel it ought to have been exempt, given that it was not a document which established what anyones feelings were on the subject, simply a list of misdeeds that would lead any significantly astute person to understand that the man in question was wrong for the job.

What are you talking about? What misdeed? If sessions is such an evil, racist man, why did the NAACP give him an award in 2009?

m.townhall.com...

edit on 8-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Good question just raised by MSM...

WHY is "Obstructionism" currently hurting Democrats in the eye of the voter.. while helping Republicans over 2 mid-terms, and the 2016 Presidential election?

Where are all the polls from the media showing approval of Democrat's obstruction? All through the last eight years anytime Republicans obstructed there were poll after poll after poll showing how supposedly unpopular it was. Now I'm not seeing any of those polls. Why am I not surprised?
edit on 8-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Can they Please..Please ...Please ban her from speaking in Massachusetts?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Exactly!!!!!! congress made the rules, made the bills and makes the law!!!!

It is me or I see more and more facts that points out how America has forgotten that we are a nation of laws, what in the hell is going on lately now that those laws are been taken out of the closets where they gathered dust and been enforced once again.

I tell you what is now happening, those that forgot about who makes the laws, in the nation are suing those that makes the law because they don't like them.

Brilliant and pathetic.
A nice try.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well this pretty much blows Warren's smear camapaign out of the water.

Coretta Scott King Thanks Jeff Sessions For Rosa Parks Library

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

That will go over real good.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If you were a horse thief...

I can't believe that actually came back up.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Tuesday, February 7, 2017

During Senate Floor statements, ahead of the upcoming final vote to approve/decline Jeff Sessions as the next Attorney General of the United States, Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA.) received a RARE rebuke and punishment from the majority of her Senate colleagues. Elizabeth Warren is certainly living up to her self-proclaimed "Nasty Woman" personality!

Excerpt from: www.foxnews.com...

""Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., was prohibited Tuesday night from speaking on the Senate floor for the rest of the debate over Sen. Jeff Sessions' nomination to be attorney general.

The drama began when Warren, quoting a 30-year-old letter by civil rights leader Coretta Scott King, referred to the Alabama Republican as a "disgrace." King's letter was written in 1986, when Sessions was nominated to the federal bench but was never confirmed. 

King, the widow of Martin Luther King Jr., also wrote that when acting as a federal prosecutor, Sessions used his power to "chill the free exercise of the vote by black citizens."

Warren's reference drew the ire of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., who said that Warren had "impugned the motives of our colleague from Alabama."

Sen. Steve Daines, R-Mont. advised Warren that she was out of order under Rule XIX of the Senate, which states that "no Senator in debate shall, directly or indirectly, by any form of words impute to another Senator or to other Senators any conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming a Senator."

"I'm reading a letter from Coretta Scott King to the Judiciary Committee from 1986 that was admitted into the record," Warren argued. "I'm simply reading what she wrote about what the nomination of Jeff Sessions to be a federal court judge meant and what it would mean in history for her."

After a few parliamentary moves, McConnell called for a vote to affirm Daines' ruling that Warren was out of order. The GOP-controlled Senate backed him up, 49-43, before defeating a Democratic effort to restore Warren's speaking privileges, 50-43.

"She was warned, she was given an explanation," McConnell said of Warren. "Nevertheless, she persisted.""

------------------------------

Anti-American Cable News Network (CNN), takes their usual angle.. portraying Elizabeth Warren as a hero, who will now be an even more "Powerful Force" when it comes to pushing back against President Donald Trump and his agenda.

Headline: "GOP EFFORTS TO SHUT WARREN UP BACKFIRES!"
www.cnn.com...

I think CNN got that "backfires" analogy from their ample experience of shooting themselves in the foot, by constantly slamming Donald Trump.

-CareWeMust

All I can say it is is about freakin' time someone shut this bitch up.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
And of course there is this award to Sessions from the NAACP for the outstanding work he has done in civil rights.

m.imgur.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Just when you thought Warren could not get any slimier...

Looks like she timed her little publicity stunt with the announcement of her new book.

She knew she would get reprimanded for violating rules and ethics and now it looks like it was intentional from the start.

Hours before she was rebuked by the Senate, Elizabeth Warren announced the release of her new book

Hours before Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) read a letter on the Senate floor Tuesday night that would make her Wednesday’s buzziest political story, her publisher sent a tweet.

Warren’s new book, “This Fight Is Our Fight,” will be out in April. The Boston Globe, which first reported the book’s release date, said “the book’s promoters say it will trace the development of the middle class from the New Deal to the Trump administration. Warren will outline her ideas for how the government can better serve the middle class and weave in stories from her time in the Senate and the experiences of Americans who have struggled under the current economic policies.”

www.washingtonpost.com... ew-book/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.39db0e8bfb6e

What a disgrace and abuse of her position!
edit on 8-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Good find. Publicity stunt makes perfect sense now.

She's selling her book and buying voter support from the far left.

ETA: She is one sneaky broad. Remember, she got into college claiming she was a Native American!

BTW: The name of her book reminds me of the title of Hillary Clinton's thesis on Saul Alinsky: "There is Only the Fight..."

edit on 8-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
First of all, it has been proven and admitted that the prior slander of Sessions in 1986 was a political witch hunt and was false information.
This was mentioned in the hearing last night.
It was also mentioned last night that Warren did more than just read the letter. She went on and on, insulting and slandering Sessions. It was said by the President of the Senate last night that what she was saying was lies.
They also discussed and gave concrete legal reasons why Warren violated Rule XIX.

We were watching it live in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What Warren and Dems are doing now is the same thing they did in 1986.
It is a political witch hunt.

100% spot-on. I watched the whole thing live and Warren got what she deserved, she was merely using the time to get personal on Sessions and generally whinge like a butthurt SJW.

Democrats, and their selective-memory supporters, are losers - the outcome of the 2016 election and their actions since then are a testament to this.

Let's put this into a simpler context: It wouldn't even matter if Trump nominated the Dali Lama for AG - tards would still find issue with him.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Let's put this into a simpler context: It wouldn't even matter if Trump nominated the Dali Lama for AG - tards would still find issue with him.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
There is another theory that is being bandied about on this Rule XIX thing.

The thought is that they want this out in the public domain as a possible strategy to confirm Gorsuch without needing the full 60 votes and without needing to nuke the filibuster.

See, with rule XIX, the idea is that they can gavel in the day and begin debate on a topic and then each Senator gets to speak on the topic at hand twice. When all speaking is done, they vote. There is no cloture vote needed which is where the magic number 60 comes in. So long as the day is not gaveled out before the discussion ends, this is how it works.

You wouldn't see this for normal legislation because they could propose endless amendments which could all be discussed under rule XIX, but you can't really amend an appointment.

So they are thinking they could rule XIX the Gorsuch appointment and basically wait out the speechifying from the Democrats who can only drag out their alloted two speeches for so long to gavel the day out after the vote which them becomes a simple majority vote to confirm.

It basically means that the Republicans are signalling that they are going to go back to the rules of the Senate and not allow 41 Senators to hold the business of the Senate hostage. If they must, they will simply limit the term of debate as provided in the rules and force the up or down vote that way, but it will preserve the filibuster.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
a reply to: carewemust

The age of SJW's is over.

Uh, one was elected President.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It's about time someone told her to shut her mouth. She's a lunatic.
She got wound up by Trump so much she crashed her career. Good.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Well this pretty much blows Warren's smear camapaign out of the water.

Coretta Scott King Thanks Jeff Sessions For Rosa Parks Library

And we know because the liberal main stream media went nuts about it, that we HAVE to repsect the thougfhts of Dr. Kings family!!!

On that note, here is another gem!

The niece of Martin Luther King, Jr. says that Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren was attempting to play the race card by reading a letter from Coretta Scott King to smear Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions on the floor of the Senate Tuesday night.

“It’s almost like a bait and switch — stir up their emotions, use the name of King…play the race card, which she was attempting to do,” Dr. Alveda King told Fox Business’ Neil Cavuto during an interview on Wednesday.

truepundit.com...

I won't hold my breath waiting for the main stream media to show Dr. Kings family criticizing Warren for uses Corretta words as "playing the race card'.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the excellent information Grambler, Deny Arrogance, and Bulk.

I quoted your posts in this other thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because - it was absolutely necessary

edit on 2/8/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
She's a moron..... The rule is in a debate you can't accuse another senator of having conduct or motives that are unfitting of their position.

She attacked his motives, was warned, didn't stop... what did she expect would happen

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join