It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow and SP500 Crash could start this week

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Phage

Yes its all a bit of a sick joke , True you cant eat gold, but I would labour in a garden to bring you food, for an ounce of the yellow stuff, in fact for an ounce I would probably work a few weeks, planting and tending seeds. So in a way you can eat it,and after you have had a fine repast, the gold is still shiny and fresh and awaits another's bidding.

You have to be realistic. During the Argentina collapse, gold increased in value against the local fiat because people could export gold and make profits, but if the entire world went down a deflationary spiral (aka 1930's), with everybody selling their gold, who then who would be the buyers? Amd wouldn't governments again fix the POG to protect local currencies.

If the world is on the brink of another deflationary spiral it be wiser to reduce dependance on services provided by the failing economy. Looking at shelter, food, energy, transport and debt and trying to be as self sufficient as possible without going overboard as you don't want to appear rich in the land of the poor.

With any reserves, investment in food, health and energy perhaps the safest as they remain mandatory for our survival.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The cheapest way to get silver, is in ingots, the Maple and other currencies, have a bit more added above the spot price. It seems that an ingot has about 8% added above the current spot price. Like a kilo ingot at 99.9% pure is a lot cheaper than a Swiss numbered ingot with a certificate, theirs a few cunning ways they up the spot price.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

The metals are real money, if you want goods and services, it all comes down to what an item or services is worth to you and the person providing them. The metal just stays the same as far as anything can, where the fiat in the end will always loose value .If you bought silver or gold thirty years ago, its worth compared to the fiats has always done better than stocks and bonds . I think this is going to be a hard lesson in trust,because the metals cant be pumped they just are. This is interesting with regards to how the gold and silver markets are rigged, and why www.youtube.com...

edit on 17-2-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

When it comes to silver, I like to buy bulk, and I try to stick to government mint. I knew for a fact at the new year when I locked in my purchase of bullion that the bottom had hit just that week prior, at about 1122 for gold and just under 15$ for silver. I locked in my prices, and sure enough the moment the markets opened for the new year prices started to rally and still are.

I picked up a 100 ounce bar (Royal Canadian Mint), 22 ounces in one ounce American Eagles, and then 3 fractional gold coins (1/4 oz rooster, $5 pre - 33 indian head, and a 1/10 oz Canadian maple.

Kyrgyzstan has recently developed the infrastructure to offer their population various denominations of gold bullion, and has set a goal for all their citizens to stash away 100 grams of gold. Rather ambitious. I think it is funny though that while some countries are finding ways to eliminate cash from circulation, others are encouraging their population to divest into bullion to save.

I would like to eventually get a few grams or so into my personal vault. I enjoy getting my gold from various mints around the world for diversity sake.

edit on 2-17-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Not having real money is a bit dangerous. If the computers go down or the electric goes down war natural disasters etc. Trade in blips ceases, trade ceases, and their is no back up. Paper money is dicey as well. But gold silver seems to weather any storm.Especially invasion. The last few years have been cushy, their is no reason why they should continue to be so benign , in fact its likely just like the weather. it could change overnight.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join