It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump gets the facts backwards in claim about murder rates

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Is this more 'alternative facts ', or is trump being 'colorful' or taking a page from msm...
This comes during a talk with law enforcement. I wonder if any of them are going to disagree, as they are in law enforcement and its their job track being 'alternatively-fact'd.

“And yet the murder rate in our country is the highest been in 47 years right? Didn’t you know that? Right. 47 years? I used to, I’d say that in a speech and everybody was surprised. Because the press doesn’t tell it like it is. It wasn’t to their advantage to say that” Mr. Trump said.

The fact is, the murder rate is close to the 57-year low it hit in 2014, before ticking up a bit in 2015, the most recent year of data available.

source

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Is this more 'alternative facts ', or is trump being 'colorful'

No, it is just Trump telling lies yet again....

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I happen to agree with Trump that the press is crap these days, but it's hard to take him seriously when he can't get his facts straight either.

Trump is becoming the "CNN" of presidents.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Lamestream media and their "Facts'

We dont use those anymore. in tinyhand Trumps america, we use alternative facts.

Its the worst in 47 years...the God Emperor has commanded it.
I expect the cult will be by in seconds. make your bets. will they say:
1) he was trolling or
2) he is right and information by its very nature is wrong and fake news

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Trump is becoming the "CNN"
[/quote Is "CNN" a acronym or is it a by word these days . They usually carry the "fake news" so they might want to call Trump out and set the record strait with some real news .

link   
Well now that wasn't what Trump critics were saying before he was elected.

America was the 'murder capital' of the world with it's gun violence.

Seems the president is exceptional at triggering his critics.

When just not a few short months ago that were calling for tougher restriction on the second.

link   
TBH, I would find this the best and more favorite presidency of my life due simply from the comedy of him and his followers combined if only the lunacy didn't have real world consequences.

I can only hope now for (ironically) the republican house and senate to stand against this idiot and block his nonsense. I dont have massive hope, except that they may come together and realize how absurd he is and note that this will have lasting effects on the brand itself if they dont stop the mad king...dull his sword.

Many wont..they will fly the ship into the sun, but you dont need all of them, just enough to block.

(post by zosimov removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
technically he didn`t say that, he was asking a question,the question marks are a dead give away that it is a question.

And yet the murder rate in our country is the highest been in 47 years right?

edit on 7-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Well now that wasn't what Trump critics were saying before he was elected.

America was the 'murder capital' of the world with it's gun violence.

Seems the president is exceptional at triggering his critics.

When just not a few short months ago that were calling for tougher restriction on the second.

Our gun violence is still too high for a developed country, but it has decreased over the years.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Trump was flat out wrong about what he said. Why are you bringing up things from months ago just to ignore what Trump is doing right now? Are you implying the data is wrong and that Trump is right? If so, where did you get this idea from? Off the cuff or do you have anything to back that up with?

Either Trump straight up lied or he was wrong, those are the only two options available. What other people said and did months ago does not change what Trump did right now, that's just a deflection.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
technically he didn`t say that, he was asking a question,the question marks are a dead give away that it is a question.

And yet the murder rate in our country is the highest been in 47 years right?

The question he posed immediately following that is even more interesting.

Didn’t you know that?

He's trying to pass that statistic off as a fact.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

TextHe's trying to pass that statistic off as a fact.
Or baiting them to correct the record so he can make the next move .

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

TextHe's trying to pass that statistic off as a fact.
Or baiting them to correct the record so he can make the next move .

That doesn't make much sense.

He was talking to law enforcement, not the media.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

If I had a dime for every time I heard that buzzword 'butthurt' I'd be rich by now. A lot of people are legitimately concerned with the way Trump his handling himself in office right now regardless of what happened in November, myself being one of them. I didn't support Hillary either nor am I a Democrat so I have no partisanship, I'm on the outside looking in at this freak show, ever since the campaigning began.

People are so wrapped up in the entire charade and circus that they have divided themselves because of the manufactured narrative. Trump is the perfect man to cause controversy and widen the gap between the two sides, it's obvious that he's a plant to cause division between the people. Just listen to how we talk to each other on these forums. Would we speak to each other face to face like this? I would hope not, so why do it here? Because it's anonymous and there are no repercussions in the real world?

Stop assuming every person who questions Trump is a liberal and stop using liberal slurs and buzzwords to insult other members and people, it's childish and is the fastest and easiest way to shut down a legitimate and intelligent discussion.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Hi you must have missed my sarcasm.
Check the thread, who I was responding to, and read my comment again and you will see I was anticipating what would be posted by people defending Trump.

Either way, my comment wasn't permitted here (broke the t&c by mistake) so we'll just leave that alone, won't we.

I voted Jill Stein. Even wrote a thread about it. And even after the recount debacle I'm still not sure that I made a poor choice.

ETA: I accidentally starred your post before I realized your criticism was aimed at me.. lol.. I guess that's called (inadvertantly) turning the other cheek.

edit on 7-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What an idiot. where did he get that exact number from. Did one of his staff troll him?
There isn't anywhere's to even find that number.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Text He was talking to law enforcement, not the media.
But the media was listening and most things Trump trigger a reaction one way or another ...usually

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Text He was talking to law enforcement, not the media.
But the media was listening and most things Trump trigger a reaction one way or another ...usually

Why would they not be triggered when our president stands before law enforcement and feeds them 'alternative facts ' to influence them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join