It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cycloastragenol derivatives telomerase inducers will make potential eternal life possible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: galien8

So when will we see practical applications?

Would be my guess if indeed it works that less that 1% of the Human race would ever be given access to such technologies.

Tell you what through if it works and/or could retard aging or extend our lifespan significantly it makes generation ships to the stars a viable option, if somewhat a lonely experience for what may seem like an eternity.

Some minor effective telomerase inducers are already there, a company has found several 2nd generation nutraceuticals, more effective than Cycloastragenol:

www.sierrasci.com... (they are testing every known organic compound in nature, we are talking about millions of compounds)

however I still believe chemical modification, and computer simulation molecule design perfect fit in telomerase promotor receptor, of these basic telomerase inducing nutraceuticals, is the key for compounds that really do the trick.

10 to 20 years and they will be on the market, if governments allow them, considering the fear for even more overpopulation

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

it sounds good but at the end people will be asking to just be able to died.

People for which their whole life is sex and drugs and money and power and rock 'n roll will want to live for ever, they can spend their time competing with their peers for even more money and power (like its a game)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Methuselah lived 900 years
But who calls that livin' when no gal will give in
to no man who's 900 years?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa

But who calls that livin' when no gal will give in
to no man who's 900 years?

but she gave in when he was 899 or younger

edit on 2017-2-8 by galien8 because: remove ex

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Having diseases fixed, cured, and a much longer life span would truly be a fascinating thing.

As it stands, our lives are measured in the 10s of years, instead of larger numbers.

Humanity might just be able to shift their perspective a bit, if suddenly they realized they will have more then a blink of the eye in an eternity of existence.

Imagine if we could have more time, imagine the accomplishments and discoveries people would make in their respective fields. As it is, a person spends only 30 - 40 years in a given field; imagine 300 - 400 years or 3000 - 4000 years in a given field of choice.

The wisdom and knowledge that could be built up and made available would truly be epic.

Sign me up, I want to keep learning and experiencing things.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

Sign me up, I want to keep learning and experiencing things.

Yes I would take it too, but this is not The Biblical "Water of Life" by the way (FYI)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

"10 to 20 years and they will be on the market, if governments allow them, considering the fear for even more overpopulation."

So never then, not that i don't imagine if this type does what it says on the tin TPTB wont utilize it for there own nefarious purpose.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"10 to 20 years and they will be on the market, if governments allow them, considering the fear for even more overpopulation."

So never then, not that i don't imagine if this type does what it says on the tin TPTB wont utilize it for there own nefarious purpose.

Yes that danger is there, that we get an immortal elite in a capitalistic system and mortal common people in a communistic system

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There's a lot more to it than just the telomeres, though.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Correct! DNA repairing speed and amount of DNA damages, some say that is the main reason

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: galien8

Correct! DNA repairing speed and amount of DNA damages, some say that is the main reason

You also end up with mitochondrial damage. Some won't die but sit there and churn out ROS for no reason without doing their oxidative phosphorylation thing. Over time, a lot of them are like that.

The nucleus also loses over time the ability to regulate the mitochondrial output. It's sort of up for grabs why.

Some debris can't be cleared out of the cell, that's an issue. It just builds up.

AGEs also pile up and the most prolific one you can't break down with any enzyme you've got.

And some cells just can't reproduce anyway. Neurons come to mind. Longer telomeres won't help them at all.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Generation of Neurons in the Adult Brain

Some brain cells, in very select parts of the brain, do reproduce. Scientists discovered adult neurons in the hippocampus and ventricles of the brain are capable of cellular mitosis and transformation from progenitor cells, shattering the dogma that the number of adult neurons in the brain is fixed after birth.

ED. to add:

Neurogenesis

Neurogenesis is the process by which neurons are generated from neural stem cells and progenitor cells. ...

...In mammals, adult neurogenesis has been shown to occur in three primary places of the brain: the dentate gyrus of the hippocampus, subventricular zone (SVZ), and the olfactory bulb.[7] In some vertebrates, regenerative neurogenesis has also been shown to occur.[8]
Likewise, many antidepressants have been shown to increase the rate of neurogenesis within the hippocampus.[9][10]

edit on 8/2/17 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

AGEs also pile up and the most prolific one you can't break down with any enzyme you've got.

Longevity record for worms is from 14 days lifespan to 91 days (calorie restriction) In Dutch:

www.falw.vu.nl...

I think its world record 2016

by calorie restriction one gets of course less free radicals into the organism that damage DNA
edit on 2017-2-8 by galien8 because: extra info

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Nonetheless, the vast majority of them do not divide again. And as I said, lengthening telomeres only helps cells that can divide.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Okay. Maybe. I just think the neuro- sciences are only beginning to scratch the surface of neurogenesis and neuroplasticity - much like the study of epigenetics. And the role of prion-like proteins in biology and evolution, for that matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join