It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cycloastragenol derivatives telomerase inducers will make potential eternal life possible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I mean chemical modifications of the Cycloastragenol (1.) skeleton, it has lots of chemical handles to modify, one can computer simulate structures from 1. that fit perfectly in the telomerase promotor receptor, thereby removing the blocker.

en.wikipedia.org...

One would need to take telomerase inducer pills every day, body would come in state of infinite cell divisions, one would only die from "unnatural causes" like accidents, unknown diseases, murder, suicide etc. Then according to Dutch death statistics one would have a maximum life span of 2,000 years, on average (when normal distributed) 1,000 years or so.

However the body will be in this (potential) eternal life state! More over the young and old will have or get again a body of an eighteen year old, brain does not age (adapts to the biological age of the body).

XL5

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Then, they will make us work that much longer at work/school. Every one would just pack the cities that much more instead of spreading out and getting to know the townsfolk. In my opinion, it will compound the problems we have today,unless of course only the rich can afford it.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: galien8

De soros young again .... well that would be a nightmare....

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I think there may be great benefit in a system that will extend the telomeres a certain amount and then stop. More difficult to do, to be sure. But if you extend them willy nilly, I'm afraid you might induce cancer here and there. There are arguments both ways, of course, when a cell runs amuck it tends to turn on the telomerase as the first step so turning it on everywhere might not be any worse one way or another.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: XL5
Then, they will make us work that much longer at work/school. Every one would just pack the cities that much more instead of spreading out and getting to know the townsfolk. In my opinion, it will compound the problems we have today,unless of course only the rich can afford it.

They will experiment with it on the poor, and finally it will only be available for the very rich, because of overpopulation arguments, maybe the very rich get it illegally then from their private universities

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

Yes he will, when he takes it, get every year a year younger until his body has a biological age of 18

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

I'm afraid you might induce cancer here and there.

It is said that telomerase inducers do not induce cancer, however cancer also induces telomerase activity and immortal cells (infinite cell divisions) with no contact inhibition as a side effect

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Interesting. Does this work? cycloastragenol? I see it is sold online with varying strengths and prices. Not real expensive, but not cheap either. If this really works I would try it..

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Interesting. Does this work? cycloastragenol? I see it is sold online with varying strengths and prices. Not real expensive, but not cheap either. If this really works I would try it..

That is 1st generation, a nutraceutical, astragallus root extract, not a pharmaceutical, a natural compound, does not need to be FDA approved, everybody can sell it and take it, not very effective, 2nd generation would be chemical modified Cycloastragenol, which would be much more effective, however would be a pharmaceutical, would need to be FDA approved, would need to have patents, cost much more money.

TIP: Do not take the simple 1st generation Cycloastragenol (not very effective), wait until the 2nd generation (chemical modified) Cycloastragenol hits the market

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

Ewwww, I figured George Soros, Rothschilds and whoever else in that club who made it to their 90s must be drinking baby blood to stay alive - maybe that doesn't reverse-age but keeps them "treading water" at their current age.

Eternal life for people like that - that's what i call hell on earth

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I guess people should be made to get sterilized in exchange for the medication.
Imagine no one dying of old age for 2000 years.... and continuing to breed like rabbits.

Could be trouble.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Interesting, but there may be a balance to be achieved between preserving both telomere length and essential prion maintenance. And perhaps a choice to be made between longevity and wisdom.

Environmental Stresses Disrupt Telomere Length Homeostasis

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Imagine no one dying of old age for 2000 years.... and continuing to breed like rabbits.

Could be trouble.

We'l sign me up then, I've got the vasectomy covered. Let's go eternal life!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Nice article, bad luck, I love caffeine! Nicotine is of course the same story :-(

prion maintenance is good for a healthy brain? The planted mouse brain cells in rat brains, rats live twice as long, mouse neurons stayed healthy and fully functional, so the researcher concluded brain adapts to biological age body, is perhaps some what far fetched conclusion?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Could be trouble.

or only let gays to take it

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

So when will we see practical applications?

Would be my guess if indeed it works that less that 1% of the Human race would ever be given access to such technologies.

Tell you what through if it works and/or could retard aging or extend our lifespan significantly it makes generation ships to the stars a viable option, if somewhat a lonely experience for what may seem like an eternity.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
For a simple Everyman explaination: telemorase acts like a condom to a cell. It's like covering the cell in a protective sheet. This seems like a good way to prevent cancer, but some studies have shown that a telemorase covering may infact do the opposite and protect a mutated (cancerous) cell.

My sister is a biochemist for children's who has experimented with gene therapy for cancer research.
edit on 7-2-2017 by SheepDipped because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

That is interesting, I would love to live longer in my human body as long as I don't deteriorate on the outside, but the body wasn't originally build to last forever, it sounds good but at the end people will be asking to just be able to died.

I am sure that is going to be repercussions if such a pill to stay young ever happen to come to be.

I guess those behind this possibility forgot about human reproduction.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Ewwww, I figured George Soros, Rothschilds and whoever else in that club who made it to their 90s must be drinking baby blood to stay alive - maybe that doesn't reverse-age but keeps them "treading water" at their current age.

kind of interesting if you like woo... but Pizzagate has some wierd soros cloning theory in it. I dont know what to think about it. But I know for sure if there is a elixer of eternal live soros is the first one that gets it.... this world is made for the rich and not the poor.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Interesting, but there may be a balance to be achieved between preserving both telomere length and essential prion maintenance. And perhaps a choice to be made between longevity and wisdom.

I would say there is already a choice between longevity and wisdom.

The results can be read at the "Darwin Awards" web site.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join