It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This guy speaks the truth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lest I be misconstrued, I have no argument with the electoral system.

Me either. It worked how it was meant to work. Now it is off to the races.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

For better or worse.
Neither salvation nor destruction.

edit on 2/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I am not quiet sure where it will lead to tell you the truth. I hope for the best, or at the least he will be a thorn in the side of our government.
Our government seems to forget about everyone of us at one point or another, but they remember election time.
I am part of the group that wants America to be the best it can be. I want America to succeed beyond our Founding Father's visions.
edit on 7-2-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Me too.

I am also highly suspicious of anyone and everyone who says that they have all the answers and that those answers are simple. But maybe that's just me. It has, however, served me well.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: Riffrafter
a reply to: muse7

The people chose Clinton by over 3 million votes.

Technically true, but laughably inaccurate.

To be accurate - The state of CA chose Clinton by approx. 3 million votes.

Remove CA from the equation and Trump wins the popular vote too - even with HRC's landslide win in NY. Ruminate on that for 5 seconds...

I'm a democrat - or was until I began to witness the total willful ignorance of those in my party.

If it wasn't so astonishing it would be pure comedy...

And remove the 100k votes across Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin that gave Trump those states and Clinton wins both the popular vote and EC vote by a landslide

You were the one making the statement/argument about 3 million popular vote win by HRC.

My post was accurate. Moreover, it very clearly illustrates the point that in our electoral system no single state or even group of states determines the outcome of a presidential election.

I'm mystified at what part of that people refuse to understand.

And if you take a tally of how many counties were won by each candidate across the US, HRC's loss becomes almost unbelievably disastrous.

I understand that people are upset the HRC lost. But for god's sake, don't blame Trump. The blame lies squarely with the DNC, the candidate they nominated in an incredibly flawed primary process, and the way that presidential campaign was run & managed.

None of that is the Republican's fault. Or Trump's fault (who is about as Republican as LBJ). Or anyone else's fault.

Instead of whining, raging & protesting, the Dems would be far better served by getting their house in order. They don't even know what they stand for anymore. In my opinion, they seem to simply stand against.

And that will be the death of them if they don't wise up soon.

edit on 2/7/2017 by Riffrafter because: to be a kinder & gentler member

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I think most of us feel that way. Is he conning us? Is he telling the truth?
It is easier to believe the first one, but there is still that what if he can.
We already know that anyone else who was running were going to do more of the same crap they have done for 50 years. It does not seem to be helping.
Maybe it is time to get away from all the traditional customs that have become expected of a leader and put someone in that will at least call out what he believes is wrong, even if we don't agree with him. I will say this. He is by far the most transparent President we have had concerning his outlook on things.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Somewhere back there (I think it was after his nomination) I said that, at least, he would shake some sense into the Republicans. Sort of like your mom washing your mouth out with soap.

At worst. Well, at worst, there is the Court.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Riffrafter

Remove CA from the equation

Why?
Why not remove Florida?

Because that's where the 3 million "popular" votes came from. It was also one of the last states to report final vote counts so it was a much closer popular vote contest until almost the very end which clearly showed that CA put HRC in the lead for the popular vote - which at the end of the day matters not a whit in a presidential election.

Either change the electoral college process or stop talking about the "popular" vote. We might as well be discussing which cocktails the candidates preferred as a measurement for who should have won.

Yeah, this is pet peeve of mine...I should just ignore it from now on. No amount of logic and facts will dissuade those that simply refuse to see.

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Because that's where the 3 million "popular" votes came from.
Huh?
Cherry picking?

Either change the electoral college process or stop talking about the "popular" vote.
Sure, as soon as people stop saying that "the people" wanted Trump for president.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I left out a word.

It's where the 3 million popular vote *lead* came from.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: edward777

The election of Trump was indeed a class war, and the elite were on Hillary's side, while the working class were Trump. Ironic, as he points out, that the left says that Trump supporters are the privileged ones, while the opposite is the case.

The people chose Clinton by over 3 million votes in California.

The system chose Trump.

You know, these videos would have more credibility of it had been a win by Trump in both popular vote and EC votes, but as it turns out Trump doesn't even have a mandate.

Fixed that for you.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Wrong.

The people rejected Clinton.

The majority of voters - 53% - did NOT vote for Clinton.

The Trump campaign put all strategy effort into winning the electoral vote because that is alll that matters anyway.
edit on 7-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: edward777

the actuall " trooth " or just what you wanted to hear ?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

If that's the case, and most of the Country wanted Clinton as their President, then most of the Country is complete insane.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

I suppose that would depend upon your point of view.

In your opinion, what is the mental condition of those who could not bring themselves to vote for either one? No matter how they tried.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: edward777

The election of Trump was indeed a class war, and the elite were on Hillary's side, while the working class were Trump. Ironic, as he points out, that the left says that Trump supporters are the privileged ones, while the opposite is the case.

The people chose Clinton by over 3 million votes.

The system chose Trump.

You know, these videos would have more credibility of it had been a win by Trump in both popular vote and EC votes, but as it turns out Trump doesn't even have a mandate.

Whatever dude, Trump won.

Good vid.

Lalalalalala can't hear you!

I know the truth stings
it must be eating Trump from the inside out too.

^He said in response of someone stating the fact that trump won.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Well myself for one (but if i could have voted i would have voted for Trump)
The rest they probably just don't give a sh't. I really can't say.
edit on 7-2-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Remove CA from the equation

Why?
Why not remove Florida?

Because most illegal voters live in CA.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone
Yeah. 5 million of them.

We know this because Donny said so. Or was it Alex?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

but if i could have voted

So, what the hell? You can't vote?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join