It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Video the Progressive Left Needs to See

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This video is from a gay former progressive that outlines why he left the progressive movement. He notes that he still has liberal values, but that he feels he has more in common with conservatives at this time because of the regression of the current track of the left. Worth a watch no matter what your political philosophy is.

Can someone help me embed

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

here it is....

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thanks mang

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
This video is from a gay former progressive that outlines why he left the progressive movement. He notes that he still has liberal values, but that he feels he has more in common with conservatives at this time because of the regression of the current track of the left. Worth a watch no matter what your political philosophy is.

Can someone help me embed

youtu.be...

I hope there's something decent in it. Or perhaps this guy has a notion now for Milos.

OOPs! I see xuenchen got you a copy just before me.

edit on 6-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
A double it seems

edit on 6-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Dave Rubin is becoming awfully popular these days, and rightfully so.
A true classical liberal who can actually sit down and have a reasonable discussion with people on both sides of the aisle.
Not very many of us classical liberals left.
We are generally despised by the far right and left.
Here is his youtube channel if anyone wants to delve into this further.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Dave Rubin is fantastic. He was on the Young Turks and got fed up with their hypocrisy and inability to have a reasonable discussion.

Rubin has a talk show on Youtube called the Rubin Report that is awesome. He interviews people from all political spectrum, and has well reasoned discussions with his guest. I highly recommend it.

The thing is, Rubin is still a classical liberal, and would consider himself on the left. Yet the intolerance of the new "regressive left" (I believe Rubin coined that term) has driven him toward the right.

This is happening to many true liberals, who are seeing their ideology and the Democratic party taken over by intolerant cultist who label anyone with a different opinion as a racist or bigot.

Voices like Rubin's not only bring both sides together in a dialogue, but will be necessary in finally getting the intolerant faction on the left out of power and into obscurity where all intolerant ideologies belong.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The Gold Medal Goes to the Most Offended!!

Come on 'regressives' come try to argue with what he said.

Great video

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Oh, and by the way. This super chill passive guy, yeah he was screamed at and attempted to be censored by college liberals when he did an event with Milo.

He must be a plant by Steve Bannon too.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Same thing happened with me, although I broke away from the left many moons ago. I'm also a big fan of Dave Rubin. He's such a likeable dude. He was hammered on election night doing interviews with the also hammered Stephen Crowder. It was hilarious.

Dave shows up around 2hr 9mins.
edit on 6-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I love Crowder! He is sort of a troll and hilarious, but he is damn smart.

These internet discussion shows are taking off, and I think they are going to make the MSM irrelevant.

Rubin, Crowder, Shapiro, Joe Rogan, Stefan Molyneaux, and many others are far more entertaining and informative than any drivel on the MSM

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Whelp, he is an idiot. Redefining progressive to push the right-wing crap isnt smart. I did like how he brought up Buzzwords used to silence opposition in a video using nothing but buzzwords.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Great video, needs to be seen by more people.
For anyone that has an actual Fb account, spread the word.

Edit:
a reply to: Pyle

Whelp, he is an idiot.

Haha, you do realize you just made his point?

edit on 6-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Whelp, he is an idiot. Redefining progressive to push the right-wing crap isnt smart. I did like how he brought up Buzzwords used to silence opposition in a video using nothing but buzzwords.

Thumbs up for responding to a video decrying among other things progressives use of name calling to avoid debate by calling the speaker an "idiot".

Well done!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Well that is about as far from Voltaire as one can get.

Pretty much proved the veracity of the video.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Dave Rubin is fantastic. He was on the Young Turks and got fed up with their hypocrisy and inability to have a reasonable discussion.

Rubin left on good terms, he said so. He's in love with Milos now, anybody who is not an atheist is untrustworthy, because atheists don't talk bullshiite..etc......strewth!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
progressives are extremist who have hijacked the liberal party.

liberals want equal rights for immigrants....progressives want special rights for illegal immigrants.

liberals want equal rights for minorities...progressives want special rights for minorities.

progressives don`t want equality they just want to be in charge of deciding who gets discriminated against and who gets special rights.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
progressives are extremist who have hijacked the liberal party.

liberals want equal rights for immigrants....progressives want special rights for illegal immigrants.

liberals want equal rights for minorities...progressives want special rights for minorities.

progressives don`t want equality they just want to be in charge of deciding who gets discriminated against and who gets special rights.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This thread should be embedded permanently on the front page of ATS until the regressives start getting a clue. Great video. S&F.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Riiiight... we need more people like Pyle and less people who are calm, intelligent and thoughtful like Dave Rubin.

It's going to be a long way to rock bottom for you. Have a nice trip!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join