It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking "Anthropogenic Climate Change & Global Warming": Presenting the Lake Vostok Antarctic Ice

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes, you did, in your first response in the thread.

The warmer the ocean is the less CO2 it can contain.

How much something can contain is it's capacity.

From the start I was legitimately asking you about it's relevance.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

How much something can contain is it's capacity.

Your first question:

How close are oceans to being CO2 saturated?

You seem be be confusing an equilibrium with saturation. They are not the same thing. But I thought I had explained the concept.

edit on 2/6/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Climate change has happened since earth began . Maybe that is what killed off the dinosaurs.
We will also take note if massive amounts of C02 are released due to weather changes and ocean warming.
First off we will see trees and plants growing like crazy. I have been told that people growing plants indoors release C02 in order to increase plant health, and vitality. Plants and trees produce Oxygen. Lots of it . especially when there is excess CO2

As for the Sun.... That cycles too
edit on 6-2-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I have had a lot of interest in Lake Vostok for many years

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

So then the actual CO2 capacity of oceans is irrelevant. Why bother mentioning it then?

* I'm also very clear on the difference between equilibrium and saturation, thanks for assuming though!

edit on 6-2-2017 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

So then the actual CO2 capacity of oceans is irrelevant. Why bother mentioning it then?

* I'm also very clear on the difference between equilibrium and saturation, thanks for assuming though!

The solubility of gases in fluids depends on temperature of the fluid and pressure of the gas, decreases with increasing temperature, increases with increasing pressure.

Higher water temperature means lower gas (CO2) concentration in the water.

Higher CO2 concentration in the gas (higher partial pressure) means higher CO2 concentration in the fluid.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: knightsofcydonia

So man made climate change is a lie?

I do not know anymore..... i do not believe in it.

But maybe we should be talking about pollution? I am getting sick and tired of pollution,
the air in big cities is unbreathable.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Mail on Sunday today reveals astonishing evidence that the organisation that is the world’s leading source of climate data rushed to publish a landmark paper that exaggerated global warming and was timed to influence the historic Paris Agreement on climate change.

A high-level whistleblower has told this newspaper that America’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) breached its own rules on scientific integrity when it published the sensational but flawed report, aimed at making the maximum possible impact on world leaders including Barack Obama and David Cameron at the UN climate conference in Paris in 2015

Another comment starting at 2 minutes youtu.be...

www.zerohedge.com...
U.N. Official Admits Global Warming Agenda Is Really About Destroying Capitalism

A shocking statement was made by a United Nations official Christiana Figueres at a news conference in Brussels.
Figueres admitted that the Global Warming conspiracy set by the U.N.’s Framework Convention on Climate Change, of which she is the executive secretary, has a goal not of environmental activists is not to save the world from ecological calamity, but to destroy capitalism. She said very casually:

“This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution.”

edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

No warming going on here , sarc

The question being debated isn't whether or not global temperatures are rising, but rather "why are they rising?".

Is it a natural (maybe cyclical) effect, possibly due to changes in the Sun?...
OR is it a man-made issue, specifically due to the amount of CO2 we pump into our atmosphere from burning fossil fuels, etc.?

edit on 2017-2-6 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Not quite up to date but gives you an idea .

No warming going on here , sarc

Sorry i couldn't link the page

So in the last 100 years we've gone up half a degree to 3/4 of a degree.

But completely ignore the records for the last 420,000 years because they don't agree with what is being pushed today.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

LOL I'm sorry but a funny meme that only measures an increase in merely 100 years is not going to convince anyone of anything. You're going to need a graph that goes back thousands of years... to show trends and what not...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: knightsofcydonia

Refer to the research Phage.

The samples did show that increases in carbon dioxide always accompanied inreases in temperature, but the increases in temperature always came first.

The increases in CO2 consistently lagged behind temperature increases by about eight hundred years.

That proves increased levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere didnt cause the warming.

In fact, right now we are near the end of another warm interglacial. And those of us who are educated in science know we're actually heading into another glacial cooling period where global temperatures will drop and ice will again form heavily at the poles. it's already happening.

The Antarctic has just had the greatest growth of ice in a very long period of time.

I totally agree, there have been reports over the years pointing out that fact, it just does not a seem to sink in...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join