It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Feel Fear?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: SprocketUK
We all know that we don't grow our hair, but most of us understand that the statement actually means "I am not going to cut it for a while until it reaches a length that pleases me".

The story 'I am growing my hair' is untrue - hence language lies. If it is not realised that language lies then it will assume a lot of things are true when they are not. The stories that arise are very hypnotic. Who are the stories talking about?

Rather than lying, language is inaccurate, broad, multifaceted. It's not a page of code to be parsed by a machine, we have to grow and learn in order to develop the skills to communicate. That's why it's always better to talk with a human who understands the nuances of language than some bot like Siri which is limited by it's programming.

If it is not realised that language implies the existence of something which does not exist then language is incoherent and dangerous.
Listen to what David Bohm (physicist) says about the problem with thought.

This video has been posted many, many times but who has ever bothered listening to it?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain But heat and cold and love and hate and fear are all feelings.

We feel things because our bodies change in subtle ways, a shot of adrenalin, a tightening of the tiny muscles that make hairs rise and give us goosbumps, sweat forming on our brows...these are all real, physical things and experience tells us that in certain orders, they are manifestations of certain things.

Hate isn't a thing, but your jaw will clench, as will your fists when you feel it. There will be some hormones released that starts it all and how is that any different or less real than the sensation you get when your hand (Which is mostly empty space within the atoms that form it) comes into contact with a cricket ball (Which is also mostly the empty space within the atoms that form it) or a kitten's fur?

It is all an interface between your mind and that which lies outside of it.

edit on 33pSun, 05 Feb 2017 06:15:33 -060020172017-02-05T06:15:33-06:00kAmerica/Chicago28000000k by SprocketUK because: poor word choice, phone

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yes - all these feeling arise but they don't belong to anyone - no one is feeling them - the feelings don't happen to anyone - they just happen. Life is one - it is not you and life.
The idea that there is 'someone' feeling 'something' is two.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

That's where I disagree. Without the person and their complicated biology, there isn't a feeling. There's nothing to hate or love or fear anymore, there is just a thing...or an absence of something. Your feelings are as real as that rock you touch.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

You sum up my sentiments towards the human race very well.
To much ego, to little introspection.

They keep repeating the same mistakes because they do not judge themselves with a clear mind.
Bias is a terrible thing, it takes more than one person to decides whats fair. If fair is even applicable in the scenario.

If everyone learned to be mindful - not that I'm a saint, but I'm working on it - the world would run so much smoother.
Start seeing things through the eyes of another, perspective is one of the most powerful tools to the mind.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
edit on 5-2-2017 by breakingbs because: ..

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I watched that video and enjoyed it very much, thank you for that.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

I hope it can be corrected.

Ever watch Black Mirror?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I don't know.
Imagine walking along a game trail.
Say you're really thirsty and need to find water.

How long would you follow the trail believing it could lead to water?
If after a half a days journey in one direction and there's still no sign of water, would you turn around and go back, or would you stick with the one direction?

What if you met a bear at that junction, would you still be as thirsty?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join