It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is targeting up to 8 million people for deportation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

a reply to: game over man

Most of those stories have been debunked.

Mine haven't been, tells us a lot about Neo, what about you Xeu, you haven't chimed in much since the OP?

I think the "crops going unpicked" problem is easily solved.

Yep send in the drones!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Another day, another bogus statistic to scare the public. Notice also the photo they chose to use that shows frightened Latin women and children on the run, as if the "evil dictator" is coming for them.

A photo is worth a thousand words. Every part of this meticulously chosen to further drive an agenda.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

And you provide no links?

Let's see please

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Mine haven't been, tells us a lot about Neo, what about you Xeu, you haven't chimed in much since the OP?

I think the "crops going unpicked" problem is easily solved.

I never said anything about crops being unpicked. Do you honestly try to deflect this much?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cleverhans
Another day, another bogus statistic to scare the public. Notice also the photo they chose to use that shows frightened Latin women and children on the run, as if the "evil dictator" is coming for them.

A photo is worth a thousand words. Every part of this meticulously chosen to further drive an agenda.

That photo has not entered this conversation until now, Jesus, at least have the integrity to have an honest argument.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Any well-balanced person who looks at this webpage Memorial to victims of Illegal Aliens, will 100% agree that deportations are sorely needed.

Memorial to the Victims: www.ojjpac.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Any well-balanced person who looks at this webpage Memorial to victims of Illegal Aliens, will 100% agree that deportations are sorely needed.

And in the same time frame, how many have been killed by citizens of the US, this is a disengenious argument at best. Do illegals aliens commit crimes, yes they do, and should be punished. Do US citizens commit crimes, why yes they do, should they be punished, why yes I think they should.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Are you willing to admit in public that a child born on US soil should be deported with it's parents who are here illegally?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Reading this thread, i asked myself...why aren't the businesses that have hired and kept illegal aliens as low payed workers for at least more than a year being scrutinized or fined?
The illegal aliens with American born children that have worked for at least longer than a year, should be made legal and paid minimum wage and the businesses held accountable for creating the situation...This is just a thought about how things could/should be, IMHO.
Sure, some/ a lot can be sent home and jobs made available to homeless/out of work legal citizens...but, i think things can be thought out with more compassion and understanding.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

The picture is extremely relevant to the article, which is why I brought it to attention. I apologize for interrupting your argument and trying to contribute my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Are you willing to admit IN PUBLIC that a child born on US soil should be deported with it's parents who are here illegally?

YES..and in private too. Families should NOT be separated, unless the parents feel that it's in the best interest of the child to remain in the USA with someone.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

LA Times and NY Times are the Newspaper equivalents of CNN. All three are going to catch hell from the government these next 8 years.

The LA Times was one of 2 newspapers publishing correct poll information. But now they are going to catch hell, due to this article???

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Of course the problem could be solved compassionately.... But we're not seeing that at all, are we?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

I am feeling more and more inspired/compelled to write letters to my congressmen.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

The LA Times also reported Mexico said they were sending cartel's here,another liberal rag,their newspaper is best used for wrapping fresh caught bonita

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

"Tell you congressmen and women to sit down and figure this crap out. "

Thank you and Amen. Is it some kind of secret that your representatives and senator make, pass, and fund the laws, no matter who is president?

Like my state. Republicans, Mormons, evangelicals have been running the state for 25yrs. But they are angry over the low paying jobs and living paycheck to paycheck. And their answer was to elect the same republicans again. Both parties, but I live in Idaho.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

They are?

In a lot of states, if they have an anchor baby or three, they are making out pretty good.

They get paid under the table so they aren't in the tax pool -- no paperwork/documentation. Then because they don't have legal income, when they go to the social services with their poor, poor children who have no means of legal support from parents who have no means of supporting them legally, the social services people cannot legally report any of that income ... so, the kids all draw full benefits as legal citizens.

So there is a pool of illegals who make decent incomes tax free AND draw on all our social services can provide through their children.

They may not be living like kings, but they aren't hurting either and depending on which area of the country they are in, they can actually live pretty comfortable like that..

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Not being from the USA myself i have some genuine questions about immigration/illegal immigration from South America:

Why are some people in favour of allowing immigrants who have entered the country illegally to stay in the USA? If i'm understanding correctly there is also a push to make those who arrived illegally, legal citizens? Is that so?

I personally don't understand the rationale for this.

Firstly, is there not a legal process to allow people from South America to move to the USA?

If you then allow people who circumvented this process to stay, legally, doesn't it just encourage more people to come illegally if they incur no cost or penalty?
If so, then do the people advocating for this state of affairs think that there should be no legal process and people should be able to enter the US indiscriminately, as I cannot see the point of having the laws in place if you're simply going to ignore them.

Would those advocating for allowing illegals to stay consider it fair on those who are going through the process to enter the country legally? What would be their incentive to do so if there were no penalty for entering illegally?

Surely by allowing them to enter illegally, stay, then become legal citizens, you undermine the existing laws and are sending the message that it's fine for people to ignore the law?

Also, if two people enter the country illegally how then does a child born to those people become a legal citizen? That seems highly irresponsible to me. Would it follow that the parents could then apply to enter the US legally on the basis of having family there? (I suspect not but i don't know)

Isn't this just creating a situation where there are going to be either a) lots of children being born to illegal immigrants that are left without parents, if/when their parents are deported or b) (the only other option) if you do allow parents to stay to ensure the children are not left parent-less, will it not lead to more people having children just so they can stay in the US?

It seems to me HIGHLY irresponsible for someone to enter the country illegally and then have children, knowing that they will have to leave that child behind should they be caught or, in the alternative scenario, it seems equally irresponsible to have a child just so they can stay in the US.

Genuine questions as I am trying to understand both sides of the argument.

To me, and from the outside, it seems obvious that people entering a country illegally, should they be caught or identified, should be removed and returned to where they came from, and there should not be a situation where children are left parent-less due to irresponsible law breaking parents or a situation where people are having children just so they can stay in the country.

I am open to changing my mind if a reasonable argument is presented of course.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

It's about votes and political power.

One of the two US parties positions themselves as the champions of the poor. They promise all the social programs to help the poor by giving them stuff. They also champion the "eat the rich" mentality where that actually really means anyone you see who might have more than you because in the end, it's the middle class who bears all the real burdens of their promises.

In essence, it's emotional vote buying.

They say, "See? We protect you and give you stuff. So vote for us."

And they use emotional appeal like this prey on people's sense of altruism and empathy. No one likes to feel mean, and it bags and lot of people who aren't thinking rationally about it.

Honestly, I love to help people who need help just like I love to help animals in need too, but as a responsible adult, I also have to realize that there is a threshold to the assistance I can provide, and the country is no different. We have a budget and finite amount in taxes we can reasonably expect people and businesses to bear before we start to actually hurt those we should be nurturing.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

My friend, it's really simple the right wingers on ATS never bother to mention it. The vast majority of illegal immigrants come over legally on visas and then stay in America after their visas expire. This is why many people want to just turn them into US citizen because those immigrants have started jobs and a life.

The United States is the land of opportunity, we are a beautiful country with lots to enjoy. This is why immigrants have been coming to the United States of America for 200 years. Our President think's the country is riddled with carnage. He said that during his inauguration speech which the following day he spent a lot of time arguing with the media on the crowd size.

US courts blocked Trump again in a late night ruling:

The US federal appeals court has rejected the Trump administration's request to reinstate a travel ban blocked by a federal judge on Friday.

BBC News

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join