It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaping advice - Temperature Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I bought a Kronos X2O PTC-60 and a Kronos x2o sub ohm tank.
I'm not new to vaping, was using a Cloupur mini with an Aspir tank
What I am new to is temperature control.
I've been looking around online on forums and what not. Trying to find an ideal temp setting.

I don't even know how to set the temp yet, but I found how to change it from power to TC.

So I ask you vapers, what is an ideal temp to set this baby to?
Also, I have both Nickle and titanium sub ohm coils. I was told some people prefer one over the other.
I figured it may take some time to decide what's right for me, so I bought a box of each.

Any advice will be appreciated

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

From what I remember the nickel one is the one you set temp for and the titanium one is what you set wattage for. I use a stainless steel I think and I set wattage for it. Usually setting 40-45watts. It all depends on what atomizer though. Mine is .5 ohm. Hope that helps...I have been trying to use mine more but tend to fall back into cigarettes more than the e-cig.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Do you have an ohm reader or does your device have a digital read-out?

Titanium coils are better in my opinion.

It depends on what ohm the coils are. I run .2 coils and typically run my mod at about 50w (comes out be .22 ohms for a .2 coil).

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by temp control, if you're mod is a regulated mod it has temp control built into it. The only mods that don't have temp control are tube mods or unregulated dual-parallel boxes.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

It depends. Are you smoking wax or shatter? What's in it? The technique/process used to make it. All these things come into play. Even after someone gives you a temp, you'll need to tweek it to your rig and products and preference. Good luck.

Here are the specs for my favorite: think of the # of possibilities this offers. There is a reason, right.

Firing Modes: VW, Bypass, TC-Ni, TC-Ti, TC-SS, TCR-M1, TCR-M2, TCR-M3
Wattage Range: 1W – 75W
Temperature Range: 200F – 600F / 100C – 315C
Resistance Range (VW): 0.1 – 3.5 ohm
Resistance Range (TC): 0.05 – 1.5 ohm
On-Board Charging
Firmware Upgradeable
OLED Screen
edit on 4-2-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire
It says .3 sub ohm on my basic coil.
My nickle coil says .15 sub
Titanium .1 sub

I just read for my titanium coil to run it anywhere around 400f - 480f. But it all comes down to user preference.

I think I'm gonna run them both at the same temp, see if I can tell any difference. And if so just adjust from there.
I'm gonna try the Ti coil first.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI
Ya hats what I'm figuring. I'm just gonna mess around with em. Seems pretty straightforward.
I was just worried about toasting the coil right off the hop.

From what I've read, it all comes down to your traits in vapes

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I found TC to be an endless task of tweaking and if you use lots of different vape liquids, its more trouble than its worth.

The idea of TC being that it uses more power to reach a temp and then to throttle the power to maintain the temp so the juice doesnt burn on the coils. Which sounds perfect, right?

Problem is that that perfect temp is different for every coil metal type, every ohm the coil has and each juice. This means that unless you are willing to spend ages tweaking its more trouble than its worth.

I instead prefer to spend my time making perfect coils (i aim for perfect flavour not clouds) and dialling in the best wattage for ramp up time vs. sustained vapor. And that often means i never do a ten second burn, not due to a coil burning the vape juice but rather giving the wicks a chance to absorb juice in between firings.

So unless you only really stick to once juice, id say TC is a bit of a waste of time, all my devices have TC ability but its been ages since i bothered as im at a happy point in my coil building and wicking.

Good luck in your quest for that perfect vape

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm not hardcore but I do have 2 mods I run in wattage mode with older sub-ohm Atlantis tanks. I also have a Joytech mod I run in temp control mode with .5 ohm stainless steel prebuilt coils. I've also tried .2 ohm nickle coils but prefer the SS ones due to some sketchy info about using nickle and the stainless ones seem to last longer?

Yes, at first it takes a bit of fiddling to find your sweet spot with temp control. Try sticking with a temp, like say 500 degrees or so and go up and down on your wattage to get where you want to be. I'm only running about 35 watts and vary temp between 480 and 520 degrees depending on my mood. I'm pretty stuck in a rut and always run the same three juices in each of my three mods so don't know much how changing pg/vg formulations affects the temp/watt settings but most of the juices I use are all high in vg.

I can run lower watts and keep the temp the same which seems to use less juice and battery but I like the warmth of the initial hit better with the wattage a little higher. For me, all higher wattage does is use more juice.

Experiment. It's fun!

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Don't turn it up too hot or you will be vaping the toxic metal as the coil melts. Seriously. Don't overuse or over stress your rig. And only use quality coils or quality material when making your own.

I only mess with voltage. I never had the need to adjust watts or anything. And I never go above 4.0.

Now if ur doing sub ohm (the new fad) I've seen ppl go as low as .1 but I don't go below .5.
Honestly, I prefer 1.0 for the throat hit. Anything lower and it's too clean and all the taste is eliminated. What's the point of flavor if ur just going to vaporize it at such high temps that it all tastes the same?
edit on 5-2-2017 by SheepDipped because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 02:14 AM
link   
As I am vaping fanatic I always love trying out different types of vapes

As a vaping fanatic, I always love trying out different types of vapes. Since I have been vaping for a long time, it is now easy for me to differentiate between different vaping options. When I first started vaping, I found it too tough to select a suitable vape device, flavour, and many other things. However, nowadays, there are more varieties of vape devices along with their detailed descriptions; thus, now it's pretty easy to select a suitable one.

Aroma king 3500 puffs disposable vape has a class of its own. A friend of mine gifted me this exquisite vape device a day before yesterday, and I am in love with it! It is portable, and it has a simple, sleek design that I easily carry in my jeans and purse. I don’t like handling big complex vape devices. Since the design of this device is simple, it is easy for me to handle.

There is this amazing Elf bar shisha vape that I myself have tried several times. It has exceptional features and is so convenient to use. One of the amazing qualities of this device is its super impressive battery performance. The design of the device is straightforward yet captivating! Another thing that amazes me is the range of e-liquid flavours that this device has to offer you. I have almost tried every flavour, and I must admit that they were super enticing!

I'm so captivated all the time I never have time to sit and charge my vape coil or charge the battery again and again, so I always prefer disposable vapes. The incredibly astonishing Elf bar lost mary vape is also one of the finest disposable vape devices that I have ever used. It has a good battery life and doesn't require specific maintenance, which appeals to me even more than anything else.

new topics

top topics

join