It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pong paddle controller 4 PC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Naturallywired

a reply to: Naturallywired

Geez, do it right. If you want to play Pong, buy one of the old upright arcade machines. Get one that takes quarters...

Kneel, bow, pray to the dumbest game that started it all:

Ponnng...
I was skimming through all my rom's on MAME and just came across some real cool blockbuster or "breakout" type games. So many odd Japanese ones too. My pc joystick is sloppy at best. The whole idea of using a joystick analog or even a independent d-pad just is too sensitive for the emulator pc experience. IMHO.

I had the Atari 800, lots of installed games there, preferring star raiders.

Sort of followed along to Space wars, then Asteroids, Wing Commander, Flight Simulator, Falcon...

the history of flight, lol.

Paddle games? Bah...
Yea i got all them roms too. Currently looking into PC flight sticks for them also.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
My first foray past pure Atari consoles was the TI99/4A. I mostly used it to teach myself BASIC and play Hunt The Wumpus. I had the speech synthesizer and tape drive... It might actually still be in storage somewhere.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Geez, do it right. If you want to play Pong, buy one of the old upright arcade machines. Get one that takes quarters...

Ponnng...
I was skimming through all my rom's on MAME and just came across some real cool blockbuster or "breakout" type games. So many odd Japanese ones too. My pc joystick is sloppy at best. The whole idea of using a joystick analog or even a independent d-pad just is too sensitive for the emulator pc experience. IMHO.

Sort of followed along to Space wars, then Asteroids, Wing Commander, Flight Simulator, Falcon...

Paddle games? Bah...
Yea i got all them roms too. Currently looking into PC flight sticks for them also.
When it comes to roms of any sort I have millions. Even have a original apple with all roms complete. Emulatoraly speaking.
edit on 2 4 2017 by Naturallywired because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

What about...

this

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Ponnng...

Paddle games? Bah...
When it comes to roms of any sort I have millions. Even have a original apple with all roms complete. Emulatoraly speaking.

Your play room must be awesome.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

What about...

this
Sounds sketchy, kinda what I meant by making them myself. Would you buy them?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Ponnng...

Paddle games? Bah...

Your play room must be awesome.
Yep it all fits on a 32GB thumbdrive. lol.Well MAME does anyway.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

What about...

this

Hah, lol. I don't own a computer, phone, car, house, job, life...

suits me fine.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

What about...

this

suits me fine.
Yet you are on ATS. It's a miracle!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I'd go for the Stelladaptor. After looking into it a bit more it seems like a solid product just rare. I can't believe there's one available right now.
edit on 4-2-2017 by Noncents because: spelling edit

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
For what it's worth, I'd go for the Stelladaptor. After looking into it a bit more it seems like a solid product just rare. I can't believe there's one available right now.
I guess I did come across a real rarity today. Hmm? Going to give this some thought. Now back to TURBO 30. (new JP album). Peace and Thanks for the input.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Not pong, but probably the best advert from that generation ever. Can't see many advertising agencies okaying this these days

Someone should definitely bring back the paddle, the closest you could get is with a racing wheel I would think
edit on 4/2/2017 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: constant_thought

Probably the best advert ever. Can't see many advertising agencies okaying this these days
Kinda off topic, and so is this.

Turbo 30 kinda reminded me of this old gaming, album cover (joystick) and the songs.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm wondering if I was doing it wrong all those years... Did ya'll hold the controller like Stevie in that picture? I always held it with the button on the upper left side.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

What about...

this

suits me fine.
Yet you are on ATS. It's a miracle!

The computer I type is owned by somebody else.

And you're right, the inter webs is miraculous.

I dunno you either, but here we are, chatting...

edit on 4-2-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yes there is lots of buttons and knobs you can buy that are mainly designed for music and video editing

www.cnet.com...

edit on 13-2-2017 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
ive got one called a griffen powermate. Its seriosly good quality, beautiful smooth weighted action.

griffintechnology.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
ive got one called a griffen powermate. Its seriosly good quality, beautiful smooth weighted action.

griffintechnology.com...

Right away i was turned off at the whole $45 dollars for it. Then the first comment about it?

Cute but Total waste of money Ive had this thing in the past and its just a never winning battle due to poor software. My current gripe is that it wont let my machine or the screen go to sleep. I like to leave my machine on and after 45 mins it will go into sleep mode. Now with MacOS 10.12.xx with the powermate software running, my machine wont sleep nor will my screens turn off. This is very annoying and expensive. Pryor to this issue, there were the issues with the software not working at all after a few hour, zero compatibility with my win 8 or 10, etc. This company make beautiful hardware, but really lacks when it comes to software updates. This particular one hasnt been updated in 3 years. They keep coming out with different hardware, but dont seem to think its necessary to update their drivers.

Thanks, but not in anyway interested in this.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Yes there is lots of buttons and knobs you can buy that are mainly designed for music and video editing

www.cnet.com...

Way, way, way too expensive.
store.palettegear.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Dam you are a hard person to please arent you?

For a start its $45 because it is exceptionally well built as i explained earlier.

These are examples to show you that there are many options out there that might work for you, its up to you to find one that might suite you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join