It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What constitutes hoarding?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I guess that makes Donkey Kong the biggest banana hoarder of all time, and mentally ill as well. Yikes!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
alright the term hoarders generally is for people who have an unusual disorder that makes them save stuff and just keep stacking it up in the severest cases. mild cases would be like remember going into a garage attacked to a house that had lot of bottles of mixed nuts and colts and screws or stacks of old magazines. my grandparents had a touch of it. they had every issue of nation geographic from like 1900 till 1982 in there attic plus forty plus years of several varieties of womans magazines. but the one you are worried about is hoarding of supplies during times of emergency and yes you need to worry. if some one knew for example you had 10 years worth of mre's for like a family of 4 if there was a disaster
then you would have to worry about that knock on the door were the man would come in seize your stockpile to split it up for common good. yes they will do that. so unless you are holed up in middle of no where in times of crisis expect door knock and if you try to keep stash hidden if they find out expect harsh penalties.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

My mother is a hoarder,the worst of its kind I've seen yet.I can't break her from it.No matter what I try to throw away,she complains and says "no I need that,I'm keeping that".She has millions of newspapers,plastic cups,plates,clothes,spoons,old expired cans of goods.She has two houses with one house that has a two car garage and a 2 small building shed packed full of stuff that she will NOT get rid of it.Slowly through out the years I've been throwing stuff away little by little.Certain things had crusted mold buried beneath it and around.I had no choice,but to throw it away.I am a person of science,proof,and witness so I "KNOW" hoarding is real and what it does to another person.I could show you all pictures if you like? These photos are what was left over after she moved to another location.It was a mess hall and a half.I've asked myself a million times over and over how did I get stuck with such a person who collects millions of things that sit by and not be put to use?

Being her only child (son) I try not to be like her (habits).Anything I get,I get rid of it.Nothing goes to the landfill,nothing.I either burn it,recycle,sell it,or give it away to either salvation army or goodwill and write if off on my taxes.

Someone who's a hoarder,pack rat,such as my mother can not and will be reasoned with at all.She seems to never comply or cope with reasoning or understand with simple answers.She is EXTREMELY hard to deal with in all aspects.No matter what question I ask her,the question will simply fly back in my face with no answer.It's pointless to even ask how's the weather or how's it going? She'll divert the question to something else or start an argument.So unless you've experienced what I have had to deal with then you have no idea what it's like to deal with someone such as her.I just hope when she dies,she'll take her whatever mental disease she was born with,with her.

Also,no matter what problems happen or incident occurs,she won't deal with it at all.She'll suddenly stiffin up,ignore the negative incident and act like everything's ok and move on.She's psychologically impaired bad.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
what i find ammussing is - how many people insist on telling the world about thier :

" sekrit supply dump and uber leet survival plan "

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Dang it! I was gonna "run for the hills!" and now, I just watched the video posted in this thread and I've found out that really isn't a plan at all

It's ok, it wasn't a good plan anyways, my state has no hills, it's all flat land.

We need more survival threads. These always interest me and I got "spring fever"..would like to learn some more things that maybe I can try out when the weather breaks.

Thanks,
blend

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Video not for the weak, but this would be someone that not only hoards, but has issues.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join