It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 12,000 tweets are calling for Trump's assassination

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
I mean, seriously, what is happening to America??

In the 12 days since Donald Trump took the oath of office, a steady stream of social media posts have called for the new president's assassination. The posts are pretty basic and many are jokes or sarcastic or hyperbolic — but there are a lot of them. In a Dataminr search of Twitter posts since Inauguration Day containing the phrase "assassinate Trump" more than 12,000 tweets came up.

Whether "just kidding", sarcastic or hyperbolic, this is just not cool...because with this kind of traffic, the frequency and commonality of it, some nut-bar out there is going to think he has lots of support for his wacko murderous fantasies, and he is going to give it a try.

Much like a person who gets radicalized by spending too much time on ISIS sites...and then begins to fancy himself a holy warrior, who is being called to murder innocent people. Or just like radical-right leaners (like the recent mass killer in Quebec) who bathe in that brand of hatred and eventually decide that they are "doing the right thing" by gunning down innocent people in their place of worship.

But there have been reports of agents knocking on the doors of social media users. A Kentucky woman who tweeted, "If someone was cruel enough to assassinate MLK, maybe someone will be kind enough to assassinate Trump," is currently being investigated by the Secret Service, according to the Associated Press.

An Ohio man tweeted several messages about killing Trump on election night, according to NBC News. The Secret Service questioned him the next day and he was charged with making threats to the then president-elect.

IMHO, not only should the Secret Service be going after people who go down this road on Twitter (or in front of mass audiences...Madonna), but Twitter users should be "policing" these people as well - letting posters know in no uncertain terms that it is not okay to call for the murder of anyone, including the POTUS.

On the platform side, Facebook and Twitter have policies in place to take down threatening posts. As Twitter said in an email statement, "The Twitter Rules prohibit threats of violence, and we will suspend accounts violating that policy." Facebook similarly said under their "credible threats policy" they remove posts showing intent to kill the president.

Yet thousands of posts that use the words "kill" and "assassinate" remain up — most of them targeting the president no less. The platforms can't seem to keep up with the influx of death threats and don't seem to be upholding their own policies as strictly as they would like.

And, yes, the platforms...Twitter or otherwise...need to be doing a better job of deleting such posts, and banning people calling for violence.

Political protests are protected speech...riots are not. Political discussion, discourse, debate and even argument are protected speech...calling for the physical harm of people who don't share one's political point of view is not.

America needs to get a grip, and back away from this inflammatory craziness before things get completely out of control.

Tweets Gone Wild

(shrugs)

I personally hope 2017 is the year of political asshole natural deaths.
Too many celebrity deaths last year.

Allow me to throw out a few...
Rudy guiliani? Yes please.
Mitch McConnell. Hell yes.
Trump? Of course I'm on team cholesterol.
Steve Bannon? # yeah!
Putin? Yes please.

Keep in mind. I said natural deaths.

Back in the day I would have put dick #ing Chaney on the list BUT I wake up every damn day and see that I'm AGREEING with dick Chaney! It's very hard on me...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I do believe Obama had a few more death threats than Donald Trump ever had or ever will have, because he won't be in office that long.

Obama Receives Over 30 Death Threats Per Day

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Scary thing is, he will be assassinated in 2017.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: mobiusmale

Scary thing is, he will be assassinated in 2017.

Looking forward to it.
I'll hold you to it.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette
I do believe Obama had a few more death threats than Donald Trump ever had or ever will have, because he won't be in office that long.

Obama Receives Over 30 Death Threats Per Day

That would be about 11,000 a year.

The alarming thing is the number Trump received was in only a few weeks.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
FEMA Camps for liberal seditionists.They deserve them.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Why is twitter even still a "thing"?

Don't all the alt-right and conservative right-wingers have GAB now, or whatever that stupid copycat platform is called?

Did it not take off like everyone claimed it would or something? Imagine my shock.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

You should praise Obama then for building all the death camps or whatever the right-wing wailed on about during his presidency.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

Terrorists and dissidents is exactly what they were made for...
There is a whole lotta stupid going on over there... Everybody kicking and screaming are heading for a real spanking if they dont smarten up...
If things dont change drastically within 2 years start watching your mailboxes for colored stickers...

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Sigh.

Asinine comment.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Same with the Gulag, German concentration camps etc
Looks like we're in great company.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Same with the Gulag, German concentration camps etc
Looks like we're in great company.

Foe the last 8 years Republicans have had a hard on for the Constitution.... What happened? Why do they have no problem shredding it now?.....

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Indeed. Severe action must be taken. The longer the leftist extremists can continue their nationwide terrorist campaign the worse it will be get.

Antifa, BLM, BAMN, all extremist domestic terrorist organisations. They do not peacefully protest or debate, only violence, destruction of property and inspiring fear. They should be crushed without mercy.

extraordinary measures to react to an extraordinary situation, hopefully never will be needed to be done again.
edit on -060003am2kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Because, the right maintained a perfectly sunny disposition after Obama won.

It's not like they burned hanging mannequins a la KKK, or made signs with nooses telling Obama to just "hang" in there, or anything.

Oh wait they did. And before anyone says "that was a minority/those actions didn't represent my sentiment", think before you speak.

Also, Twitter and facebook had not gained nearly the ground they have during more recent years. Ask yourself if that might be contributing to a larger awareness on many fronts, that wasn't there previously, at least not to the degree it is today.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: daryllyn

It's my understanding that the monolithic "left" were the ones trying to "steal our guns", and didn't believe in such ownership.

I'd imagine that Trump would have much more to fear from the "never Trump" Republicans. They love their guns, and their boy Pence would be next in line for the seat.

Frankly, the moment Trump "steps out of line" with the Republican party they'll have no problems calling for impeachment (with full Democratic support), then the Republicans' boy Pence would similarly be promoted.

Trump's stuck. Tow the swampy line, or get the fastest unanimous impeachment in U.S. history.
edit on 2/6/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join