It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germans rush to buy illegal firearms and GRENADES to 'protect themselves from migrants'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Asked several of my German friends. This was all news to them. They all called bull++++ on it.

Not representative I know. But, source is the Daily Mail...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Asked several of my German friends. This was all news to them. They all called bull++++ on it.

Not representative I know. But, source is the Daily Mail...

It might be as you say. However the source is not just DM. Is one of the sources and not the main one. There are several sources allover the internet with the same news. I just picked DM as one of them. And to tell you the truth now days after we've seen the amount of lies and derailing of mainstream media, from CNN to MSNBC, to ABC, Washington Post, New York Times etc, pointing fingers on other sources leaves us nowhere. Whether the news is real or not, one thing is for sure. Alternative media has gained ground and has been able to inform us way more better. Bottom line, because mainstream media doesn't inform us about certain things (in this case the arming) it doesn't mean the issue is not there or it didn't happen.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
As a German: BULL#.
This was in the news almost over a month ago and it was roughly 150 people out of 82 million.

So it was in the news and there are facts that people (even 150 of them) are arming themselves. In other words is not bull#it at all. It is true. And the simple reasoning in this case dictates that if 150 were so desperate enough to go online and purchase fire arms, what stops others to find different means to obtain a fire arm?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
What kind of system do the Germans have over there?
Guns and grenades are illegal, but you can buy and have them mailed to you from an Internet site?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Now I know firearms are banned in China but they have similar problems with Muslim Radicals and they crackdown on them hard:

edit on 2/4/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
So People in Germany are buying illegal Grenades and Shootas to protect themselves from Bogey Muslims....Online.?

The daily mail really doesn't think it's bull# through before it goes to print does it.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
So People in Germany are buying illegal Grenades and Shootas to protect themselves from Bogey Muslims....Online.?

The daily mail really doesn't think it's bull# through before it goes to print does it.

Actually the whole story came from the german branch of left wing website Vice.com. They managed to obtain a customer list from the website before dispatching journalists to make home visits in an effort to shame individuals who purchased guns and ammunition and had them delivered by DHL. So in this case, DM or any other news outlet is just reporting what was made public by Vice.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Apparently this is not just a separate case but looks like a trend that started over a 1 year ago. According to Gatestone Institute in a publication on 21 December 2015, german citizens are stocking up on weapon, giving also the reasons why:

The scramble to acquire weapons comes amid an indisputable nationwide spike in migrant-driven crime, including rapes of German women and girls on a shocking scale, as well as physical assaults, stabbings, home invasions, robberies and burglaries — in cities and towns throughout the country.

German authorities, however, are going to great lengths to argue that the German citizenry's sudden interest in self-defense has nothing whatsoever to do with mass migration into the country, despite ample evidence to the contrary.

The spike in violent crimes committed by migrants has been corroborated by a leaked confidential police report, which reveals that a record-breaking 38,000 asylum seekers were accused of committing crimes in the country in 2014. Analysts believe this figure — which works out to more than 100 crimes a day — is only a fragment: many crimes are not reported.

"Anyone who asks for the reasons for the surge in weapons purchases encounters silence." — Süddeutsche Zeitung

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Someone getting robbed... *pulls out a grenade*.. "I'm taking all you hajis with me!"

Oh, smoke grenades. Why?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
What kind of system do the Germans have over there?
Guns and grenades are illegal, but you can buy and have them mailed to you from an Internet site?

Yep. Plenty of darkweb vendors catering to the EU market. These days every 9/10 vendors (and probably 9/10 customers) are likely to be the police on an undercover sting, which puts a dampener on things.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
And this is exactly why Trump's executive order on freezing Middle Eastern immigrants is a good thing. These other places around the world already know what Trump and his cabinet know. I don't want the great Trojan Horse to take place in America.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Getting hold of anything is just a matter of the size of the money you are willing to pay.

Generally here in the UK basic shotguns are reasonably easy to get hold of and if you have a friend with a legit shotgun license then you can fill your boots with ammo.

I'm sure if I needed a gun there would be someone willing to sell me one for the right price, but knowing my luck it would be pc plod or i could just visit the local military base

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

The explanation is that this was a website of a german, hosted in romania or hungary, shipped from there to about 150 people in germany. A german TV-station bribed the local post officer and they got the adresses of the people where the packets with sub standard grade modified blanked pistols and decoration weapons went to german customers.

To say that "Germans rush to buy illegal firearms and GRENADES to 'protect themselves from migrants" is really far fetched. I hope this clears it up.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You can have almost any kind if firearm in Germany, as long as it´s semi-auto, you can proof interest (sports does it) and train for 12 months and take a small exam. Then you can buy up to three handguns and 2 long barreled guns. If you´re catched drunk in public or do # that shows you´re not safety aware around guns, you´ll loose your gun holding card and guns.

It´s a little bit more complicated but that´s the gist. Contrary to what most think, you absolutely can have guns in Germany, as long as you´re training and not an complete idiot. A hunter can walk into a gun store, buy any weapon and walk out the second he paid for it, with the gun. He also has unrestricted access to any kind of ammunition (except explosive and other extremely exotic builds of course.

Oh but you can´t have the NATO 5,7 × 28 mm and "war assault rifles". Once owned a FN P90, converted to .22 and semi trigger group. Takes the juice a bit out of it but I like the exotic chamber feed mechanism.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

The explanation is that this was a website of a german, hosted in romania or hungary, shipped from there to about 150 people in germany. A german TV-station bribed the local post officer and they got the adresses of the people where the packets with sub standard grade modified blanked pistols and decoration weapons went to german customers.

To say that "Germans rush to buy illegal firearms and GRENADES to 'protect themselves from migrants" is really far fetched. I hope this clears it up.

I understand that. But I also posted the report from Gatestone Institute. And to tell you the truth, my opinion is that when it comes to that massive number of immigrants and what they're doing, nothing is far fetched.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The sell of blanked guns skyrocketed this/last year. Normally selling numbers peak shortly before new year, because some people use them instead of fire crackers.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MakeAmericaSaneAgain

originally posted by: Telos
Yeah, if it's not CNN, the rest is all fail. Give it a rest dude. Enough trolling every "pro Trump" thread (which in fact it isn't)

Aww you poor little snowflake, did I enter your safe space?

Says the person having a meltdown because their choice for POTUS lost.

Crazy it came to all this for the germans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join