It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth Disinformation Campaign

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
one of the richest countries just announced a space tourism program for their filthy rich. the UAE already have a program in place and for 2020 .

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: everyone

You've clearly been down the path and done your research, so I'll take your word you know what you're talking about.

Like I said it was only for a moment because once you are exposed to the so called knowledge for the first time it is quite compelling and profound.. But as time went on I totally forgot about it until this thread popped up.

The universe and stars mean too much to me to ignore. But even so I wouldn't dismiss it completely and I'll just leave it as a possibility until there is irrefutable proof either way.

I was in the exact same boat as you and on top of that i actually wanted it to be true because how great would that be and at some point see it all revealed to the world ! But even then i wont allow myself to delude myself and i also started seeing it for what it is. Kudos on you for not letting yourself be sucked into it.

I still would not mind seeing real irrefutable evidence for it though.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Still waiting for this to be debunked :

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I had a crazy good time watching M Tellinger giving evidence of F-E.
I was laughing so much that i got tears in my eyes, but but even some shivers down my back as my mind played tricks on me.
And i told my son it was one of the best movies i had see in a long time i just had to click
because it was well done.
I agree with EVERYONE i almost wish it was true.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have noticed an uptick in flat earth advocacy in alternative information circles.
Sometimes I will be following a researcher then they drop the bomb that they believe in the flat earth and I wan't to face palm. and say "not you too? your lapping up this toxic flat earth disinformation."

It's obvious that flat earth is disinformation that is being planted and encouraged to take root and grow among the alternative media when it gets mixed up with other more plausible ideas it can be used to discredit them all.

for example " Oh you don't believe the official story of 911? Ha Ha you also must think the earth is flat too like the those flatards."

edit on 3-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

You are right.
The UFO card doesn't work anymore.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You're both right on the money.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Flat earth videos are presented in such a way as to seem plausible to people who have no previous background or interest
in science there for they can seem convincing in their presentation.
But all it takes is a few questions to challenge the notion.

If the earth is flat then how is it possible for me to check the times that the ISS passes over head and see it on that time?

If the earth is flat and there is a dome then where does my dads satellite TV transmission come from?

What are the satellites I see while stargazing if it is not possible to get into space and orbit earth?

How could so many nations that are not even on friendly terms be in on it?

The whole thing falls apart with basic questions and some one Like Neal Degrass Tyson can come along and ridicule the whole thing and anything that might be grouped along with it with a few well placed points.

I wonder who the big movers and shakers of flat earth are and if they are getting funding who is paying their paychecks?
Follow the Money and it might go back to some interesting leads.

It is also interesting to note that within the flat earth communities there seems to be infighting over various flat earth models indicating further division and a possible sign of a pcyop sowing more seeds of chaos to further muddy the waters.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gh0stwalker

I am glad you made this thread because,
I have been thinking about this ever since flat earth seemed to surge in popularity
on the internet.
I was like how could such an absurd notion be taken seriously?
I seemed very fishy.

link   

edit on 3-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: double post

link   

edit on 3-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: triple post weird glich?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i laughed at the flat earth topic until i looked at the flight paths of planes.
no plane flew from south america to africa, which only makes sense if the earth was flat.
so can someone please explain why plans don't take the direct path from south america to africa?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I have also considered that the flat earth concept is being spread by some intelligence agency to see how
fast ideas like it can spread grow and be accepted by pockets of the populace.
Its a good gauge to see how easily people can except absurd ideas and they could use the information from it
to streamline spreading other disinformation that might
be slightly more believable.

Flat earth could be a dry run experiment for social engineering and whatever data gathered could be used to streamline the system.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Very good theory. It would seem to be the most plausible. Often times these agencies will use a two birds one stone approach. Flat earth further emboldens mocking skeptics, tarnishing the conspiracy theorist community even more while also serving as a precursor to a much greater scheme. Likely a Project Blue Beam type scenario.

It's very similar to 9/11, in that it served as a pretext to the banker/oil war while also bolstering the police state at home.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: anticitizen

Oh dear... Could it not be that there simply aren't enough passengers flying from Africa to South America to merit such a flight path? It takes a considerable amount of fuel, I'm sure. It's quite the stretch to assume that Flat Earth is the culprit...

edit on 3 2 2017 by Gh0stwalker because: Text to speech error

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gh0stwalker

If they can get people to believe something as ludicrous as flat earth

then surly it would be a cake walk get people to believe another nation is evil and it is justified to invade them or go to war with them.

Apparently there are whole mathematical formulas to spreading disinformation that are quite complex.
When I learned this many years ago it was quite disturbing to realize.
And the goal might not always be as obvious as such current social memes like FAKE NEWS.
With algorithms behind disinformation it can be very complex and have many layers.
I find it unnerving to think about it that mind games of such complexity are being played on the populous like this.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I always figured it was the last part of high school debate class try and debate the world is flat

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
interesting video i randomly noticed today watching a totally unrelated topic. ignore the main picture of the video. it is irrelevant. i think there was a recent post about this also..
www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-2-2017 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Its interesting also that some of the arguments that flat earth advocates use also work for the Hollow earth Model.

Flat earth advocates question why planes can not fly over the poles this works equally well with the model of hollow earth that includes entrances at the north and south pole I haven't seen anybody bring things like this up.

Now I'm not saying I believe in hollow earth though I am willing to entertain the possibility of it especially if good evidence is presented and I have played around with the idea of it as thought experiment.

I find it interesting though that there are hollow earth enthusiast and maybe their ideas seem equally out there but they are not being pushed and promoted or generating anywhere near the web traffic that flat earthers are.

Why is that?
I would think if one out there Idea is gaining in popularity that one as equally strange as hollow earth would step up and make its case as a counter alternative.

Though just to play devils advocate something like flat earth might be a great way to discredit and throw people off from a greater hypothetical possibility that the Earth is Hollow with a world within and those that know this wish to keep it hidden.
.....................................just playing devils advocate take from this what you will

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

i think the hollow earth model and round flat earth model is the same just different perspective. place the hollow earth model over the flat earth model (so the sun sits on the north pole)...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join