It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machete-wielding man slumps to the ground after being shot in the stomach at the Louvre museum as he

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

A terror probe has been launched in Paris after a machete-wielding man was shot after trying to attack four soldiers outside the Louvre.

The suspect was shot five times in the stomach and is in a critical condition.
He was shouting 'Allahu Akbar' - Arabic for 'God is the greatest' - according to the Paris prefect, and reportedly had paint bombs in his backpack.

After being refused entry, he pulled out the weapon and was shot by a soldier, officials have confirmed. A soldier is believed to have suffered a head injury.

US President Donald Trump tweeted following the attack in the French capital: 'A new radical Islamic terrorist has just attacked in Louvre Museum in Paris. Tourists were locked down. France on edge again. GET SMART U.S.'

Machete-wielding man slumps to the ground after being shot in the stomach at the Louvre museum as he attacked French soldiers while screaming ‘Allahu Akbar’

Wow, this is going to shock everyone...

A moron with a machete attacked 4 soldiers with automatic machine guns...

Say what you want about inbred, illiterate terrorists but NEVER question their stupidity...

To say Islamists are idiots is an insult to actual idiots..

id·i·ot
ˈidēət/
noun informal
1) a stupid person.
synonyms: fool, ass, halfwit, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, moron, imbecile, simpleton;

Oops, now that I look at the synonyms "idiot" is a perfect description...

When will the west wake up and do what must be done???
Islamists only understand the sword and it's high time we give them what they want...what they understand...what they deserve...

-Chris

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

One thing you religious and political troll-baiting people don't understand is that alone attackers are usually mentally ill people.

Nearly always.

Even Trump jumps on the band wagon, the only idiots are those who buy the narrative.

More than 1 billion Muslim's and according to how you word your OP, they are all terrorists. What utter BS.

I hope you never meet a real terrorist, they have resources and a plan that is usually effective, this is another lone loon from what I gather.

Actually, Trump is right... Get smart America, because a damn good portion of nut cases with homicidal tendencies are white men, your history is full of them.

But that doesn't push a narrative does it?
edit on 3-2-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2017 by RAY1990 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Many individual citizens in The West get it, it's the stubborn, willfully ignorant, politically driven governments that are perpetuating the ease of which these things can occur.

And yes, I'm quite certain that it was pretty easy for this character to get into France and do (or, attempt to do) his terroristic acts. I'm willing to bet that the plan was to damage religious paintings in the Louvre.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The really scary thing is these morons (speaking of precious attacks also) believe they are justified with this BS, the next decade will see numerous attacks of this nature..

Shame our shortsighted leaders refuse to call people out. No doubt like every other attack he will be a lone but with no connections to any Islamic terror group and was more likely provoked by a conspiracy site..

Just waiting for the liberal MSM to questions the soldiers actions and if he could have used non lethal force...

RA
edit on 3-2-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

If you have ever been in a sharia country then you would change your mind...

If you have not then you have no context...

While sharia countries are wonderful if u worship their magic moon god, their "prophet" and subscribe to the hadiths deemed applicable by the sharia courts under whom your governed the all is great...

If you are an infidel, woman or, Allah forbid, a homosexual then then the experience is quite different...

Clearly you are either a western liberal with ZERO actual experience or someone who believes the ramblings of a 7th century sociopathic pedophile who heard voices from a magic dude in the sky...

-Chris

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Oh I get it, I also highly respect those who work meticulously in stopping actual planned terrorist attacks.

Think of it this way...

As a terrorist. Your one job is to drive terror into your perceived enemies. So in what world is a machete and paint going to effectively drive terror into your enemies, at a heavily guarded location no doubt.

It's bordering stupidity, the attacker was most likely mentally ill.

I can think of plenty of other ways a machete could be used to terrorize, around armed people isn't really one of them.

For goodness sake let's stop calling everything terrorism when a Muslim is involved, it's offensive to those whom have suffered actual terrorist attacks.

Or maybe we should label all attacks against the public or in a public place as terrorism.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

One thing you religious and political troll-baiting people don't understand is that alone attackers are usually mentally ill people.

Granted having a psychopathic pedophile as a spiritual leader could well put someone in that bracket...

RA

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Nearly always.

All terrorists are mentally ill, brain-washed people. Just because some do it alone means nothing.

Even Trump jumps on the band wagon, the only idiots are those who buy the narrative.

More than 1 billion Muslim's and according to how you word your OP, they are all terrorists. What utter BS.

I read the OP with my brain, not my ideology, and he made the broad comment that "Islamists only understand the sword," not Muslims. I don't buy the argument either way, but it's a distinction worthy of noting, because the difference does matter.

I hope you never meet a real terrorist, they have resources and a plan that is usually effective, this is another lone loon from what I gather.

Ah, so are you implying that those affected/killed by lone-wolf attacks are less affected or dead? Just wondering, because that sentence makes no logical sense, as "lone loons" can act alone, or come together as a group of lone loons and create terrorist organizations. You don't have to be an idiot in order to be a terrorist, but you don't have to be smart, either--you do, however, have to be clinically insane to embrace what they do and to do it yourself.

Actually, Trump is right... Get smart America, because a damn good portion of nut cases with homicidal tendencies are white men, your history is full of them.

Both push a narrative.

Intent of the attack matters. Generally speaking, when someone starts attacking guards at a highly-visited tourist site visited from all over the world after being unable to enter to apparently destroy the contents within (and possibly injure or kill visitors in the process), it's done in order to instill fear throughout the world that you're not even safe at a guarded tourist area.

Even without him being successful, the fact that the attempt occurred will be enough to instill fear into some people who will now alter their plans to travel to a presumed peaceful country and visit a relatively safe place. And that is the goal of the lone-wolf style attacks if they are terrorism.

But don't jump the gun and say it isn't terrorism yet--you don't even know the motivation behind the attack yet. Just like you tell people not to assume it's terrorism, you can't assume that it's not, just because it was only one guy.
edit on 3-2-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

What's this got to do with Islamic nations?

It happened in France.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Nearly always.

Please cite a sane person that has committed any similar act of savagery. Yea, they are all crazy, doesn't mean they get a pass.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. This is mother nature hard at work with natural selection. Stand back and let nature take its course.
edit on 232017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Well the technical description of terrorism:

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Or the US federal regulations definition:

The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives

So who does this attacker fight for? What group? What agenda?

Claim links with a known group then say no more, show no more?

Terrorists tend to work for or with organization, in no way am I belittling those injured, disfigured or killed by terrorism regardless of numbers affected.

The point I'm making is it's easy to claim affiliation.

Plenty of people were killed by apparent IRA hands too, fact is many deaths associated with them were not by their hand but by people claiming affiliation.

It helps drive a political agenda.

A huge difference exists between gunmen shooting up a school and a bomb going off in central London, namely organization.

It's why some things are mass murder and others are terrorism.

TO ADD:
I agree with what you added, that's the point I didn't make too well. Many are already calling it terrorism...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Here the Leftists go again with the spin , rhetoric and tripe. Perfect example. NOT ONE person has said all Muslims . You know this. Why do you keep it up ? It garners stars ? It sounds good to you ?
It is MUSLIM EXTREMISTS. WTH have you been ? Under a rock ? Or just see my prior questions

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Here the Leftists go again with the spin , rhetoric and tripe. Perfect example. NOT ONE person has said all Muslims . You know this. Why do you keep it up ? It garners stars ? It sounds good to you ?
It is MUSLIM EXTREMISTS. WTH have you been ? Under a rock ? Or just see my prior questions

No spin at all, I said what I meant. It was in regards to how the Op was written.

As far as I'm concerned a crime was committed, if I were a judge I cannot assume reason with prejudice because of race, religion or skin colour.

You must be something special if you can without reasonable doubt.

Need a safe space from critical thinking or something? Or is it the cool aid withdrawals?

a reply to: Butterfinger

Actually it's too soon to say if he was mentally stable, do a bit research on murderers and you'll find many have passed the sanity tests with flying colours.

That being said no, such actions are not normal.

Oh and standing back and letting nature run it's cause ends in disaster... Like the Virginia Tech massacre.

I'd rather stop people who wish to commit evil way before it actually happens, usually warning signs are missed.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well as long as moronic terrorists keep bringing knives to gun fights.

France doesn't have too much to worry about.

If only that was the case though.

Seems the US is not the number one target anymore.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

edit on 3-2-2017 by gortex because: Meh

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

So who does this attacker fight for? What group? What agenda?

Claim links with a known group then say no more, show no more?

Exactly my point to you--you can't claim that it isn't terrorism anymore than anyone can claim that it is at this point with what we know, so for you to sit here lecturing people not to jump to conclusions is rather comical in its irony.

The point I'm making is it's easy to claim affiliation.

Plenty of people were killed by apparent IRA hands too, fact is many deaths associated with them were not by their hand but by people claiming affiliation.

It helps drive a political agenda.

But in this regard, where a known terrorist group is pushing lone-wolf attacks, and a known MO of this/these group(s) uses bladed weapons and bombs, it's safe to at least consider the reality that maybe the guy screaming "Allahu Akbar" did have terrorism as his intent.

A huge difference exists between gunmen shooting up a school and a bomb going off in central London, namely organization.

It's why some things are mass murder and others are terrorism.

No, intent often has everything to do with it. I understand the legal system, and I used to write up charge sheets for federal cases (military) as my career, so please don't pretend to lecture me as to the "why" behind different charges for similar events--I fully comprehend the nuances involved. "Organization" is not a listed specification in any list of necessary elements needed to charge an individual for any crime that I've ever aided in prosecuting or seen prosecuted.

TO ADD:
I agree with what you added, that's the point I didn't make too well. Many are already calling it terrorism...

Glad we found some common ground

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You've dealt with cases of terrorism?

Because as far as I'm concerned, when British troops were attacked by Irish youths with petrol bombs and other methods of attack, in what can very well be seen as political... They were never charged with terrorism.

Of course intent has everything to do with it, we can go full circles on assumptions. Fact is, right now we have no facts or evidence of an organised attack aimed at instilling fear for a motive.

Again, anyone can claim affiliation. It doesn't make it so. To be honest, all I was doing was making a point about individuals attempting murder, would you agree that a good portion of murderers have/had a mental imbalance that lead to the crime?

Shouting God is great doesn't equal terrorism, the majority of people committing heinous acts who think they are an agent of God are usually unhinged one way or another.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You've dealt with cases of terrorism?

As a matter of fact, I have, but not in the capacity of a paralegal like I was many years ago (actually, when 9/11 happened). But I don't need to (nor assume that I really can) get into the details of what I do with federal terrorist cases. (ETA: This is not meant to make me sound important or deeply involved with terrorist task forces or what have you, but I do deal with federal terrorism cases professionally, and I do work with the prosecutors and members of the task forces directly concerning trials and ongoing cases)

Because as far as I'm concerned, when British troops were attacked by Irish youths with petrol bombs and other methods of attack, in what can very well be seen as political... They were never charged with terrorism.

I can't speak for the British, only my experience in the U.S. (which is much more in-depth than most laymen, but far from an expert). But it is worthy of note that perception does not equal judicial proof, so whether or not something is "seen as political[ly motivated]" can often be irrelevant in a courtroom.

To be honest, all I was doing was making a point about individuals attempting murder, would you agree that a good portion of murderers have/had a mental imbalance that lead to the crime?

I have already said that--directly to you, if I'm not mistaken.

Shouting God is great doesn't equal terrorism, the majority of people committing heinous acts who think they are an agent of God are usually unhinged one way or another.

True, but in a time when "Allahu Akbar" is the oft-used rally cry of certain terrorist organizations and their lone-wolf attackers, again, it's a safe possibility, if not probability.
edit on 3-2-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Nearly always.

So you or I could go to a mental institute, take a freshly released patient who has documented proof in mental deficiencies and incite him to do anything you or I want and you or I would be untouchable, free from guilt and innocent as can be, alrighty lefty.
edit on 3-2-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Nothing quite says 'god is good' like a machete in a museum, except maybe for an axe on a subway train.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join