It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kellyanne Conway Invents Alternative-Fact Massacre To Justify Policy.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NotTooHappy

She didnt lie.
In order to lie someone has to be cognizant of the facts and willingly misrepresent them.
There is no evidence at this point that Ms. Conway did that.
She correctly identified terrorists who were arrested and suggested that they may have continued to do what they did in Iraq. It is not out of the question that their arrest did in fact prevent a massacre in KY.
That's not a lie. At best its speculation.

What is a lie however is Robert Reich continuing to insist that "right wing terrorists" were responsible for the destruction wrought at Berkley. He is willingly misrepresenting the facts that are in evidence.
The Oathkeepers posted an article that they have people on the inside of some of the progressive left wing groups who are watching and reporting. This is very quickly followed up by Reich insisting it had to be THOSE insiders who started all of the violence. Even though the AntiFa and other Anarchists have a history of violence (the week before at the Inauguration) it HAD to be the Oathkeeper sources who did it. THATS what a Lie looks like.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
maybe this "massacre" is one of the "terrorists attacks" that the MSM didn't cover.....

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Apparently you're correct because there are certain people here saying that no massacre happened. It did happen. It was reported, though I'm not sure how widely it was reported because if you attempt to google it now, you only get pages of people declaring that it never happened. It is a giant case of people acting like four year-olds, sticking their fingers in their ears and yelling, "It didn't happen."
You can read about it here: abcnews.go.com... These guys bragged about blowing us US troops---but no massacre ever happened? Talk about selective blindness, deafness and loss of cognitive ability!

But I think I've finally figured out why they are so willfully ignorant---it happened under the Obama administration and led to virtually the same restrictions Trump is working toward now! Also, msm said no massacre happened in Bowling Green so that got translated to "No massacre ever happened with which these terrorists were connected." That's the fake news---that no terrorist attack by these men ever happened. And yet there is a video in which they bragged about blowing up US troops and their hopes of repeating that feat.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: jimmyx

Apparently you're correct because there are certain people here saying that no massacre happened. It did happen. It was reported, though I'm not sure how widely it was reported because if you attempt to google it now, you only get pages of people declaring that it never happened. It is a giant case of people acting like four year-olds, sticking their fingers in their ears and yelling, "It didn't happen."
You can read about it here: abcnews.go.com... These guys bragged about blowing us US troops---but no massacre ever happened? Talk about selective blindness, deafness and loss of cognitive ability!

But I think I've finally figured out why they are so willfully ignorant---it happened under the Obama administration and led to virtually the same restrictions Trump is working toward now! Also, msm said no massacre happened in Bowling Green so that got translated to "No massacre ever happened with which these terrorists were connected." That's the fake news---that no terrorist attack by these men ever happened. And yet there is a video in which they bragged about blowing up US troops and their hopes of repeating that feat.

Um...there was no Bowling Green Massacre. Whether or not she misspoke is an entirely different discussion...but even she says she misspoke. I think the verbal gymnastics should be saved for something not quite so rectally sourced.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yes, she admitted that she misspoke. Just as Obama misspoke when he claimed to have visited 57 states. Did you see the media come out and say he was lying? Did you see right-wingers come out saying he hadn't visited any states at all since he misspoke about how many? I saw a lot of hooting and laughter over his flub but nobody in the msm called him a liar for a flubbed line.

The terrorists arrested, charged and convicted in Bowling Green, KY bragged about massacring US troops with IEDs. It's in the court records. People, especially in msm, aren't really that dense---or are they?

They were prevented from causing a lot of death and destruction because one of their co-workers understood what they were saying when talking among themselves and reported them to the FBI.

Do you deny that four members of the US National Guard died in an IED attack planned and executed by at least one of these men arrested, tried and convicted in Bowling Green, KY?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Do you deny that four members of the US National Guard died in an IED attack planned and executed by at least one of these men arrested, tried and convicted in Bowling Green, KY?

Read my lips...There was no massacre in Bowling Green. She repeated it 3 times. You are doing calisthenics to try and turn her comments into a statement of fact. It ain't gonna happen. She is a spin doctor...here, watch 25 minutes of spin...I'm surprised she didn't drill herself into the ground! Spin

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

There was no attack on or in, Bowling Green. No US civilian lives were ever under immediate threat from terrorism in Bowling Green, no part of US territory was under immediate threat of terrorism from these people, and no attack in, related to, or stemming from the Bowling Green area has been enacted. She did not misspeak, she lied.

Furthermore, armed service personnel, dying in the line of duty, on foreign soil is tragic, but it has nothing to do with Bowling Green, and nothing to do with terrorism. The men who died did so, because that is what happens in war. That is NOT the same thing as a terrorist attack on a civilian population, outside of a contested battlespace, and if you were being honest about this, rather than entirely disingenuous, you would accept that the point you are trying to make is empty, and move the hell on. But no, instead, you find it necessary to support spin doctoring and propagandist twaddle.

Why?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

mas·sa·cre
ˈmasəkər/
noun
noun: massacre; plural noun: massacres

an indiscriminate and brutal slaughter of people.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Whew...Thanks for clearing that up!

Bowling Green
noun
1.a city in S Kentucky.
2.a city in NW Ohio.
3.a small open area near the S tip of Manhattan in New York City, at the foot of Broadway.

...am I looking at the wrong Bowling Green for that massacre?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I thought the media making an issue of this is her choice of
the "massacre" word, not "Bowling Green".

Not pointed at you specifically though - I question the media
which is manufacturing fake news about this specific incident.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What you and Johnny and several others can't seem to grasp is that the arrests of the guys in Bowling Green, KY was the basis of Obama's policy shift---and the foundation of Trump's move on refugees---that dangerous people had been allowed to come to the US without proper vetting.

So the fact that these guys admitted planting IEDs and were attempting to obtain missiles to be used on US troops makes her a liar because they weren't used in Bowling Green but rather that Bowling Green was where the terrorists were living. These guys weren't part of the opposing military, they were terrorists who planted IEDs and blew up whoever happened to be driving by.

Why do you not admit that she misspoke and called it "Bowling Green massacre" instead of "Bowling Green terrorists." Are you really trying to infer that these men weren't terrorists, that the Justice Dept. made a mistake by prosecuting them? Seriously?

These men are the very reason that Obama took a second look at the refugee plan in the first place. That's the relevant reference, what some aren't getting. Their previous activities (making and placing IEDs) were admitted, and the fact that they were allowed into the US despite their fingerprints being on file as terrorists, were the reasons they were arrested, tried and convicted. The incidents to which she was referring was the foundation of Obama's change in policy. Or are your fingers so firmly in your ears that you didn't hear that part?

Did you jump up and down and scream "LIAR" when Obama said he'd visited 57 states? Nope. Nor did I. That's because reasonable people don't act that way. Anyone who has spoken to the media or even just to public gatherings has flubbed up at least a few times. So, yeah, I'm willing to cut her some slack that she misspoke. Sorry if my forgiving attitude offends you but I'm giving this administration (that I didn't vote for) the same opportunity that I gave the last administration (that I didn't vote for.)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

Actually, you've been lied to. You are now repeating those lies. That makes you a liar. So, you and Kellyanne have that in common at least.

Kellyanne didn't misspeak once, or twice, she tried 3 times to invent a massacre that never happened.

Have you heard of Black Bloc? Give them a google.
They're a group of anarchists. They were the ones behind the violence in Berkeley.

It's probably easier for you to just repeat lies, than it is for you to do your own research though.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Look at the post above this, from NotTooHappy.

They nailed it.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It's gonna become harder and harder for Trump supporters to keep turning a blind eye to this type of behaviour.

Can they keep doing that for four years? I seriously doubt that. The Trump administration needs to get their sh*t together.

Although seeing as they would probably have a hard time doing anything about Trump's behaviour this will probably continue to be a problem.

I fear the jubilancy of this unprecedented victory may in time turn to despair.

Well, at least the wall will get built.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadMoonJester
It's gonna become harder and harder for Trump supporters to keep turning a blind eye to this type of behaviour.

I've no doubt that a lot of decent people held their noses and voted for Trump based upon their circumstances and the promise of change.
I've also got no doubt that he will be revealed as a fraud. My concern is for those who I think will inevitably experience that betrayal, and be gleefully mocked. (Well, payback is a bitch.)
But that's when America is going to need to stand together most. In my humble opinion and all.
edit on 9-2-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Or because he wasn't Hillary.. that was a big one in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotTooHappy

Actually, you've been lied to. You are now repeating those lies. That makes you a liar. So, you and Kellyanne have that in common at least.

Kellyanne didn't misspeak once, or twice, she tried 3 times to invent a massacre that never happened.

Have you heard of Black Bloc? Give them a google.
They're a group of anarchists. They were the ones behind the violence in Berkeley.

It's probably easier for you to just repeat lies, than it is for you to do your own research though.

So now you are calling me a liar?
You keep using this word but I don't think you know what it means.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Baloney.

If you do not like the way the shoe fits, get another pair, and stop supporting BS.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join