It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stories makes the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
While browsing through the internet looking for information, i came across a narrative about a social justice warrior who talks about stories.
Its strange hearing a middle class woman, talking about equality and justice when in fact she never struggled one day in her life, she even proclaims the worst day in her life was when she;" Had her bike stolen by an 11 year old kid who didnt even have food for the day ". Yet she talks about justice in her own narrative and subjective reality.

She remarks that stories doesnt make the world a better place, "justice" makes the world a better place and forgets what we are in our true nature.
She forgets what stories in its fundamental aspects are, or i believe;" She doesnt know. " Idealists rarely do.

I dislike idealists cause i know their world is full of people like themselves, building walls of people like themselves to mirror their own reflections of mind and matter. Think positive and make a change, it could be true, in an ideal world, but try walking in another person shoes, feel the pain, the anxiety, the suffering. Things change with empathy, and she admitted to herself;" She only cares about those who she likes ".

In my world, looking beyond the veil of time, Stories makes the world a better place, justice is just a tiny part o a bigger narrative.

Sisonke Msimang, you built yourself a wall or mirrors.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Stories are a way of explaining what someone has experienced. Sometimes those experiences scream for justice... just look at the true stories coming out of yemen and other politically oppressed parts of our world.

True factual stories can lead to justice prevailing . Just sayin' 🤔

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

If storytelling was not about the audience and their need, and instead about telling the horrors of reality, then maybe.

But im gonna bet you when those pens start writing it will be about the audience.

new topics

join