It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What old testament laws...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest
I think what you are talking about is exactly what I was trying to do in my "God's Law" series;
God's Law; Your patient teacher

The laws of the Pentateuch offer a dilemma to Christian thinking.
The Jews can accept their authority, and unbelievers can reject their authority, but the Christian is caught in the middle.
On the one hand, these laws have been received along with the rest of the Old Testament as part of the Christian scriptures.
On the other hand, according to Paul, the Christian is not to live under their authority as laws.
Yet they can’t be ignored altogether.
So what use can the Christian make of them? What function do they have in the Christian faith?

The object of the present series was to answer that question by examining the laws for evidence about the character of the God who endorsed them, complementing the information found in the rest of the Old Testament.
This gives them a purpose which is relevant to Christian teaching.

edit on 3-2-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is a great thread.

It highlights the incorrectness of the "so-called" Christians out there that espouse anything besides love. We are called to Love. We can love all because with God's love for us, we are saved eternally. So we are called to love immigrants, Muslims, and our enemies and those who would kill us just because we are Christians.

So the Westboro Baptists, who preach ideas that "God Hates" or that they hate, well, they're not Christians. To follow that idea, if we acted in love at all times, then yes, stealing is gone, murder is gone, lying is gone. Greed is gone.

It's hard to live in love, but the NT basically says, that the command is to Love God and Love one another like we love God. Man, what a great place to world would be if that happened.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Looks interesting. I'll have to read it. Thanks.
I don't put enough of my focus on OT Law, but I should. There are so many truths hidden within those mandates. People look at them with ridicule because of how strict they were, but they rarely ask why?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yes indeed, for Christians there is no law, just love
Love God love each other, it's a sacrifice, spelled out in the sermon on the mount, then it's reinforced by the fruit of the Holy Spirit, the way a person can identify a true christian, not just a person who calls themselves a christian

Christ fulfilled the law, meaning for those in Christ, true christians, we are in Christ, the whole law completed for us by Jesus for us.
Unfortunately for those outside Christs, non practicing Christians, still under the old law.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

If we want to know what is for the gentiles saved or unsaved and for the Jew saved or unsaved we must go to the words of God given to holy men who by inspiration and revelation spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. This is what the Lord via revelation gave us in the second letter to Timothy, learn by the Holy Ghost examples by comparing spiritual things to spiritual or by comparing scriptural things to scripture. For his words they are spirit and they are life

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmania
This is a great thread.

It highlights the incorrectness of the "so-called" Christians out there that espouse anything besides love. We are called to Love. We can love all because with God's love for us, we are saved eternally. So we are called to love immigrants, Muslims, and our enemies and those who would kill us just because we are Christians.

So the Westboro Baptists, who preach ideas that "God Hates" or that they hate, well, they're not Christians. To follow that idea, if we acted in love at all times, then yes, stealing is gone, murder is gone, lying is gone. Greed is gone.

It's hard to live in love, but the NT basically says, that the command is to Love God and Love one another like we love God. Man, what a great place to world would be if that happened.

When was the last time you read the Bible? Do you not know that God hates?

De 16:22 Neither shalt thou set thee up [any] image; which the LORD thy God hateth.
Ps 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
Isa 1:14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear [them].
Mal 2:16 For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for [one] covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.

Don't think that if every Christian today started to love everyone that violence, death, greed or all other evil will just disappear. No one should be that naive.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

LOL...then stay out of the "Religious Conspiracy" section.
Oh, and in answer to your OP....
THE ANSWER is found in the Son of Man....not Paul.
Unfortunately, most "Christians" can't hear Jesus, since the only one they cleave to and follow, is PAUL.
Oh, and I AM a "non_christian", who USED to be a "Christian".
And you have got to be one of the worst examples of a "Christian" I've seen. Well, maybe runner up. The last worst was the pastor at the last church I attended.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join