It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Arrests Made As Protests Erupt At NYU

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

edit on 3-2-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

No, protesting is equally as important as speaking under the 1st. If violence happens, then they are breaking the law.

I don't think Milo should have had to not speak. The reality is that he still could have but it was not wise if he and his staff wish to remain intact.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's been pointed out. It's been argued over and some of the more sensible ones have denounced and spoke out about it. Still, by and large, they are not listening. I'm truly curious if they know they are becoming the monster that they think they are hunting.

Please provide links and examples of this mythical denouncement. Was it loud and public? It's quite important. Thanks.
edit on 3-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

As an observer, I seem to be seeing a pattern of bullying and violence from the liberals. It's disturbing and it just seems so hypocritical. Round up the ones inciting violence and let em find out what law and order is all about.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Here on ATS.

Just the one guy if it's who I think you're thinking of.

The others have stayed true to the party line.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Here on ATS.

Well that's good. But that's not public or loud. In fact, it's not even loud around here from what I've seen, the liberals here just keep saying it's just a "few nuts" and then cry because liberals are being generalized.

It's pathetic!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I do not know about you JinMi , but It seems to me most of these Protesters Spend More Time Pissing and Moaning in the Streets than being with their Families , Working at a Job , Going to School , Reading a Book , Walking the Dog , Cooking Dinner , doing Chores , and just Living a Normal Everyday Life . WTF is Wrong with these People ?

Oh, I don't know, perhaps a little thing like EXERCISING THEIR RIGHT TO PROTEST?

Sounds an awful lot like you just want people to shut up and accept things their government does without question. Sounds like you are advocating for a Dictatorship.

edit on 3/2/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Here on ATS.

Just the one guy if it's who I think you're thinking of.

The others have stayed true to the party line.

Just made a post, perhaps that will be a little bit of insight.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

No, we just want people to stop RIOTING (big difference) and attempting to suppress free speech. Looks like the textbook example of fascism to me.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

It's not protesting though. It's using the threat of violence to intimidate people into silence.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

No, we just want people to stop RIOTING (big difference) and attempting to suppress free speech. Looks like the textbook example of fascism to me.

Is telling people not to protest or "riot" not also "suppressing free speech"?

Is it only "free speech" when you agree with the topic?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Well, I suppose motive matters in this case. From what I can speculate as I wasn't there, it was a protest against him speaking, that was their message. Then out of left field come a group of radicals who want to start fires, destroy property etc.

Now if that message is to the tone of violence then yes, that would be illegal from what I understand.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Rioting is NOT free speech. See, this is the problem, all you guys going around talking about "free speech" as if it means burning # down, breaking windows, tipping cars, knocking people out etc etc. IT IS NOT PROTESTING at that point. Capice? SPEAK OUT AGAINST IT.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Rioting is NOT free speech. See, this is the problem, all you guys going around talking about "free speech" as if it means burning # down, breaking windows, tipping cars, knocking people out etc etc. IT IS NOT PROTESTING at that point. Capice? SPEAK OUT AGAINST IT.

So you are saying that EVERY SINGLE ONE of those protesters were "rioting" and causing damage?

EVERY SINGLE ONE?????

I think not. A minority yes, everyone no. Yet you would like to see them ALL stopped, regardless of whether they were participating in the "rioting" or not. THAT is the beginnings of Dictatorship.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

So you are saying that EVERY SINGLE ONE of those protesters were "rioting" and causing damage?

EVERY SINGLE ONE?????

I think not. A minority yes, everyone no. Yet you would like to see them ALL stopped, regardless of whether they were participating in the "rioting" or not. THAT is the beginnings of Dictatorship.

EVERY single person there cheering it on, and not speaking out against it YES, they are aiding criminal behavior. There's no way to sugar coat it, NONE. Real, true classic liberals NEED to publicly speak out against this, it's not just a little handful of people like all the liberals keep making it out to be. If liberals don't wise up, there will be NO viable democratic party left! Take it or leave it. Arguing reality like little children is doing nothing.

I'll paint this out again in the simplest of terms.

Protesting = free speech/peaceful assembly

Rioting = criminal behavior.

Simple!
edit on 3-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

EVERY single person there cheering it on, and not speaking out against it YES, they are aiding criminal behavior.

Nice deflection. The people "cheering it on" as you say DO NOT FORM THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE THERE.

I'll paint this out again in the simplest of terms.

Protesting = free speech/peaceful assembly

Rioting = criminal behavior.

Simple!

Making up nonsense to support your claim = on the path to dictatorship.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

BS, I'm not deflecting anything, YOU are refusing to see reality for what it is. STOP justifying criminal behavior. There is no "discussion" with people like you, so I won't even attempt to continue.

THAT is the problem. Deal with it.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

BS, I'm not deflecting anything, YOU are refusing to see reality for what it is. STOP justifying criminal behavior. There is no "discussion" with people like you, so I won't even attempt to continue.

Im not justifying criminal behaviour. Stop making up complete nonsense.

You ARE deflecting, the question was IS EVERY SINGLE PERSON THERE RIOTING and you answered with a deflection about some people cheering it on.

Stop deflecting, and DEAL WITH IT.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Im not justifying criminal behaviour. Stop making up complete nonsense.

You ARE deflecting, the question was IS EVERY SINGLE PERSON THERE RIOTING and you answered with a deflection about some people cheering it on.

Stop deflecting, and DEAL WITH IT.

I'll help you out here. NO every single person is not rioting. The point being made is not that all are rioting. The point/problem is that when violence erupts many of those that were there for a peaceful protest are excited bu this violence and in cheering it on actually become part of the problem by giving it fuel. Not to mention that some of them join in on the violence. If you truly believe in your views then you should be able to see this for yourself. Unless you yourself condone the violence whereby being part of the problem.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join