It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's closest advisor Steve Bannon suggests war with China is inevitable

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

Cant see why considering the Chinese, who would inevitability field far superior numbers, still don't have the capability of mounting any full scale invasion of the USA.

Maybe what he meant to say is that a US invasion/incursion on to Chinese foreign soil is an inevitability?

well one reason is that even with those numbers there is a large gun owning population in the US. so lets say half the us population has some guns thats 160 million armed people they would have to control.

Thats just red dawn fan wanking.

China wont try to occupy the USA. They cant.

Nor would the USA try to occupy China.

Any war would revolve around navy and air battles, port blockades and coastal raids. At most Hong Kong would be seized but only because:
1) there people there hate mainland china
2) Cantoneese are very pro west and would actively help us rather than oppose occupation.
3) it would be a usefull port.
4) its easy to defend
5) easy to deal with after the war as you can give them the option of going independant like singapore or rejoining the UK.

Also the USA and south Korea may take the oppunity to take out North Korea.
edit on 3-2-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Did you vote for Trump? No? Then why would it matter to you if he keeps a promise or not. The reality is we WILL go to war with China someday...The question is do we do it before they surpass us in technology or after. In all honesty...who would you rather have as your masters...America. ..or China....the choice is clear

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

Sorry but America will never let China dictate how the world will operate...if it means war it means war. I'm a 43yr old veteran and will still heed the call of my nation if needed.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I disagree....China would try to take mainland America in a war....they need the land and resources

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NeuronDivide

Doesn't sound like a promotion of war,just a real indicator of what is to come,Chinas been in an economic war with us for years,no mystery they want to be the super power,things like this happen when country's are at stake,people don't realize we are days from economic collapse,tend to skim over truth to blame someone

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway

I disagree....China would try to take mainland America in a war....they need the land and resources

I am sure they would want too.
Except they CANT.

They dont have the projection capability.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Point is through they would need to get there first, you cannot control hostile territory without boots on the ground.

China have no interest in invading the US, they already have you by the short and curlies via financial control and debt.

Which is probably why this Steve Bannon is suggesting future conflict is inevitable.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway

Would you please try your best to outline what strategy you would utilize to do that?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: TheScale

Also the USA and south Korea may take the oppunity to take out North Korea.

edit on 3-2-2017 by Dem0nc1eaner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I just wrote a rather long post about not underestimating North Korea and it has disappeared...
sad panda...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I don`t remember that trump ever ran on the platform of the "peaceful alternative"

It was more subtle than that. Russian propaganda consistently portrayed Hillary Clinton as a "war monger," creating the (now clearly) false impression that Trump was a "peace candidate." He only promised "good relations" with Russia, and made it clear he planned to confront China and wage an existential war against Islam.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Many are so quick to underestimate North Korea... they have the fourth largest army in the world. It is about half the size of the CHINESE army and not far off the US.

Their army is made of people who literally believe their leader has the blood of gods and will fight with the same fervour as the old imperial Japanese did.

On top of that, North Korea geographically is particularly easy to defend, covered in dense forest and very hilly/mountainous. Even easier to defend as they have, I think, the largest network of military bunkers that exists in the world.

The ONLY thing stopping them from roflstomping South Korea in a weekend is the current political climate, but that would change drastically in a China - US war and Korea would be VERY quickly "unified".

Why do you think we are all so worried about them getting nukes?? Why do they continue very brazenly testing missiles when basically the whole world wants them to stop?

It's because on their home turf, they are impenetrable.

Edit - In response to Crazyewok saying US and SK would take NK.
edit on 3-2-2017 by Dem0nc1eaner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
War with China? That's a laugh. The US can't even beat Iraq or Afghanistan. Longest war in US history and they are still at it.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

They cannot even properly accommodate the population they have enslaved never mind mount a full scale incursion 1000s of miles away.

No much chance of them invading anyone other than South Korea, which would not end well for ether side i imagine.

But i don't think there would be much left of the North Korean forces afterwards.
edit on 3-2-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

They cannot even properly accommodate the population they have enslaved never mind mount a full scale incursion 1000s of miles away.

No much chance of them invading anyone other than South Korea, which would not end well for ether side i imagine.

But i don't think there would be much left of the North Korean forces afterwards.

Absolutely, but like I said, they are untouchable at home.

If there was an escelation between China and US, I really believe the first thing to happen would be a South Korean invasion. With China's help and protection it would be an absolute cakewalk and tactically, China could not afford to leave SK as a US staging post.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Um no, there polulation isn't "expanding" if anything its taking a massive nose dive as the one child policy bit their asses in the long run. The policy has been loosened now, but they were too late. We'll see a couple of generations of low productivity output in China.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Well well, that sounds like a mighty fine plan. Strap up and lets toe the line.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Obviously South Korean is no match against China but they could hold there own against a North Korean invasion, if only for a while, until United Nations forces arrive to drive them back across the DMZ, if they managed to make it across in any significant numbers that is.

China don't need to involve themselves in wars they could potently lose right now, they are far happier to sit back and milk there financial control over the Western Nations while slowly building there military towards technological parity with our own.

20-30 years down the line China may be a military concern but not right now.
edit on 3-2-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Why so much China-vs-USA war drum beating this month?

Nov-Dec 2016, it was USA-vs-Russia

Which country will be the "hot" fear topic in March? Iran? North Korea?

Trump was always quick to deflect to China in regards to the hacking, remember? Interesting.

War is a great way to deflect from stuff you don't want people seeing - the media go after it like a junkyard dog gnaws a bone, freeing Trump to do things without their full scrutiny (like maybe receive 19% of a Russian oil company into an off shore account owned by a shell company owned by the new company he started with his son in Florida, for example?)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

He is right, it is inevitable. China is constructing military islands on the pacific, they can just build more and more and eventually control the entire area. U would never be able to reach their homeland with out going through all their man made islands.
edit on 3-2-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join