It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marina Abramovic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I came across a person named Marina Abramovic and the podesta emails. For me this is disturbing a person who doesnt understand what she is doing, is trying to connect with the so called spirit world. She influences others in rituals of ancient time, which she doesnt understand.
How can a single person influence others with grotesque rituals, i know i shouldnt be asking the question how someone can influence others.

But seriously ?

Traumatic childhood

As a child, Abramović's mother beat her.In an interview published in 1998, Abramović described how her "mother took complete military-style control of me and my brother. I was not allowed to leave the house after 10 o'clock at night till I was 29 years old. ... [A]ll the performances in Yugoslavia I did before 10 o'clock in the evening because I had to be home then. It's completely insane, but all of my cutting myself, whipping myself, burning myself, almost losing my life in the firestar, everything was done before 10 in the evening.

Rhythm 2, 1974 Prompted by her loss of consciousness during Rhythm 5, Abramović devised the two-part Rhythm 2 to incorporate a state of unconsciousness in a performance. She performed the work at the Gallery of Contemporary Art in Zagreb, in 1974. In Part I, which had a duration of 50 minutes, she ingested a medication she describes as 'given to patients who suffer from catatonia to force them to change the positions of their bodies'. The medication caused her muscles to contract violently, and she lost complete control over her body, while remaining aware of what was going on. After a ten-minute break, she took a second medication 'given to schizophrenic patients with violent behavior disorders to calm them down'. The performance ended when the medication wore off after six hours

She is an artist, who found a way to connect with the "spirit world" but In my world;" She is broken and beyond repair, and should not be able to influence others "

There is a physical limit, it is that simple.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Last year a member posted this video,

Everyone has their way of dealing with pain and as much as i didn't like some of Marina and Ulays performance art, this song is truly beautiful in my opinion and their love influenced this lovely song...which only influenced me to believe in love, near or far together or apart... just a heartfelt memory.
edit on 2-2-2017 by peppycat because: stuff

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Marina Abramović sued by former lover and collaborator Ulay
Article

You mean this loving story?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

that's too bad about them.
I am saying the song is beautiful and influences me in a good way...and yes the song was influenced by their story.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Are you okay?

Something seems off.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

thanks for asking, i sent you a pm.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link