It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police vs Riots

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

I should edit.

I mean the protesters want to be martyrs. Not the police. sorry for crap post.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Bit disappointed by people who think violent policing is the answer to a riot.

The best way is to control a riot is to diffuse. Contain and let it wind down. You can use digital evidence after the event to arrest people if they have gone over-board. Then you can throw the book at them. You can also use "snatch squads" to nab trouble makers.

You don't stop a riot by being violent. In America it's police violence and unrestraint that started all of these riots anyway. American police should learn a new way to deal with their fractious communities, even those armed to the teeth.
edit on 3/2/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: c2oden

I think it's reaching the point where the rioters will find the police shooting back is met with cheers rather than shock by the masses. People are getting fed the # up.

You would think people would learn from the failures of the past but I keep getting less and less surprised.

Kent State Shootings

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
You can also use "snatch squads" to nab trouble makers.

Snatch squads?? Is that what this was at the G20 in 2009???

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Snatch squads?? Is that what this was at the G20 in 2009???

In a riot, a particular trouble maker can be isolated and arrested. A small group of police will do this. It' not rocket science. Your video is confused, but perhaps the person taken away was just burning a MacDonalds or some other social act. Short videos like shown don't actually give context so no explanation why the person was chucked in a car.
edit on 3/2/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
I agree fully. It appears the use of "snatch squads", I like that term, has also been increasing over the last few years. I'd put that up to the better armor. They're not as afraid to run in on somebody now. But it's usually just after a blast of confusion like smoke or flash-bangs to up the chances of actually getting the guy they're after.

I really would like to see some of the police members of ATS to chime in on this thread. If ya'll are out there, come on already!

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

one of the descriptions for it I found said this

An snatch and grab arrest was made on a side street near Baum Ave & S Millvale Ave. during a protest against the Pittsburgh G20 Summit. Word is that the arrests were made by PA State Troopers who were wearing camouflage clothing.

Makes sense. I don't know what that guy did, but this should be an effective tactic to use.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

The whole term "snatch squad" works, in most departments across the country especially in major cities they have officers who are specially trained in quelling riots. You have the officers who "hold the line" to say then you have officers behind them to implement less than lethal force weapons IE CS Gas, OC Spray, flash bangs among other things, behind the line you will also have officers designated with extra restraints IE zip ties and flex cuffs so they can apprehend the people who are causing violence.

These officers go through extensive training in preventing a peaceful protest into becoming a full blown riot. I personally have gone through this training with the city I work for. However even with all the training it can be hard at times to pinpoint the one or more people who commit the crimes because they usually cover there faces with masks and they are always hit and run type people, meaning they smash whatever they want or light whatever fire they want and then they run back into the crowd of the protest.

Also someone above your post said that most of the protests are against police violence, which is not wholly true. Yes some of these violent riots are because of that but almost all of the riots in the last few weeks have been because the Alt-left cant believe still that Donald Trump is now the president.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: caf1550
Thanks for stopping in to share your experiences. The organization is impressive. I never considered having certain people designated for certain positions. It make sense now why when the police line up like they do it's not total chaos on their end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join