It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DAPL protestors being moved out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
These protestors have been asked to leave on multiple occasions by the Standing Rock Tribe.
Jail will be warmer than the tents they were living in.

“I’m asking them to go,” Standing Rock Chairman David Archambault told Reuters at the time. “Their presence will only cause the environment to be unsafe.”

In January Archambault said in an interview that the activists defying the tribe’s call to empty the camps were just sticking it out for money. “What I saw happen was something that was beautiful. Then I saw it just turn to where it’s ugly, where people are fabricating lies and doing whatever they can, and they’re driven by the wrong thing,” he told the University of Oregon’s Daily Emerald. “hat purpose does it have to have this camp down there? There are donations coming, so the purpose is the very same purpose for this pipeline; it’s money. The things that we learn from this camp — the things that were good, that people are doing whatever they can to hold onto — are slipping through their hands at this moment.”

Yesterday’s protest activities were not sanctioned by the tribe. Any new influx of activists to fight the pipeline would be contrary to the tribe’s wishes.

Standing Rock has said they want to continue their fight against the pipeline in the courts, not on the prairies of south central North Dakota.

But certain left wing interests seem intent on proving that their activism was never really about Standing Rock.

DAPL portoestors removed

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

I'm waiting to see what kind of compromise the oil-o-crats are going to do about the water situation.

Is there a water table under the land on the reservation? The oil-o-crats should foot the drilling costs.

There are still natives living on the reservation, so some face ought to be saved- at least try showing integrity.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm all for them fighting this in court. They have some solid arguments in that forum. It's where it should have been fought all along.

This whole protesting thing is getting quite old.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

I'm waiting to see what kind of compromise the oil-o-crats are going to do about the water situation.

What water situation are you worried about?

Is there a water table under the land on the reservation? The oil-o-crats should foot the drilling costs.

Bands potable water supply is fine. It's received a 30 million dollar upgrade.

There are still natives living on the reservation, so some face ought to be saved- at least try showing integrity.

Of course there is still people living on the reserve. The chiefs sister might still be in Washington, but plenty of her kinfolk still live on the reserve.

Jodi Gillette, Senior Policy Advisor for Native American Affairs, White House Domestic Policy Council
Jodi Gillette, an enrolled member of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe in North Dakota and South Dakota, was previously the Deputy Assistant Secretary to the Assistant Secretary-Indian Affairs for Policy and Economic Development in the U.S. Department of the Interior.

obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: swedy13
I'm all for them fighting this in court. They have some solid arguments in that forum. It's where it should have been fought all along.

This whole protesting thing is getting quite old.

They do not have any solid arguments.
Standing Rock lost their Federal Court Case a few months back.
earthjustice.org...
edit on 2-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Thanks, I didn't know that.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

What water situation are you worried about?

I'm under the impression the river the pipeline will cross is the same river where 'my friends' rely upon as a safe to drink water source.

Bands potable water supply is fine. It's received a 30 million dollar upgrade.
Source please. It may answer my above item of interest.

Of course there is still people living on the reserve. The chiefs sister might still be in Washington, but plenty of her kinfolk still live on the reserve.

I was speaking dirty to the folks who think it's ok I have a friend who happens to be the last whole-blooded survivor of tribe...
Are you not familiar with the genocide inflicted upon the heads of our Native American population? It's not a secret.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Sorry.
I don't mean to try steering the crux of your OP...

It's good that protesters/agitators have to go home to wait for another chance to face off with the man...

He's in every nook and cranny, ain't he?

It's my bedtime, have a good night.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Source please. It may answer my above item of interest.

COMPLEX RURAL PROJECT

The Sioux received about $30 million from the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act to build a new water treatment plant, pump station, 5 million-gallon storage tank and several pipelines to feed fresh water to roughly 10,000 reservation residents.

The project has taken years to complete, but federal officials say the timeline was not affected by the Dakota Access controversy.

The existing intake valve is located in a shallow part of the Missouri River near Fort Yates, North Dakota, roughly 20 miles from the planned pipeline river crossing.

The new valve in Mobridge, South Dakota, 70 miles from the pipeline route, came online earlier this year. Once the pipeline system is completed, it will service the entire reservation, according to the U.S. Department of the Interior's Bureau of Reclamation.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
hahahahahaha
the liberals didn`t fool that dude for a second, he knew that they were only there for money and to bring attention to themselves.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Imagimary.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Good it's about time. Now let's move on to Berkeley and clean out those rioters

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I'll predict the pipeline is tied in and flowing oil within 90 days.
Law and order prevail, illegal protestors and media sensationalism lose.
Warren Buffet won't be too happy to lose all the 'oil by rail' money, but he's made out well, he shouldn't be complaining.
It's a win for law abiding Americans.

“Today, the Acting Secretary of the Army Robert Speer informed us that he has directed the Army Corps of Engineers to proceed with the easement needed to complete the Dakota Access Pipeline,” Senator John Hoeven says in a press release which just dropped in my inbox (see below). “This will enable the company to complete the project, which can and will be built with the necessary safety features to protect the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and others downstream.”

Army Corps Will Proceed With Issuing Easement for Dakota Access Pipeline as #NoDAPL Camps Clear Out

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

COMPLEX RURAL PROJECT

The Sioux received about $30 million from the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act to build a new water treatment plant, pump station, 5 million-gallon storage tank and several pipelines to feed fresh water to roughly 10,000 reservation residents.

The project has taken years to complete, but federal officials say the timeline was not affected by the Dakota Access controversy.

The existing intake valve is located in a shallow part of the Missouri River near Fort Yates, North Dakota, roughly 20 miles from the planned pipeline river crossing.

The new valve in Mobridge, South Dakota, 70 miles from the pipeline route, came online earlier this year. Once the pipeline system is completed, it will service the entire reservation, according to the U.S. Department of the Interior's Bureau of Reclamation.

Thanks.

“Today, the Acting Secretary of the Army Robert Speer informed us that he has directed the Army Corps of Engineers to proceed with the easement needed to complete the Dakota Access Pipeline,” Senator John Hoeven says in a press release which just dropped in my inbox (see below). “This will enable the company to complete the project, which can and will be built with the necessary safety features to protect the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and others downstream.

That answered my next question unsatisfactorily I'm not ashamed to admit. 30 m bars is a waste of an investment opportunity. Should have tapped the water-table where it would be less affected should the pipeline spill into the river.
I wouldn't mind so much if the inlet was on the downstream side of the pipe, so IF there is a problem, as we are all too familiar with pipelines and the disasters we've learned about the hard way...

By forcing one option that can be controlled; accidents can be prevented, but in this case- not so much? They're not the only people at risk now though either so my little words have no merit?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

You do realize that there was an existing pipeline crossing the river there?
Do you know how many miles of pipeline are in the ground on this continent?
It's as safe as it can be made to be.
I'd suspect most every major river system has multiple pipelines crossing it at some point along their lengths.
Maybe 'tapping the water table' was not an option, you'd have to dig deeper if you wish to see the answer as to why the decision to put the water intake where it ended up being.

edit on 3-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

daplpipelinefacts.com...
edit on 3-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So let me make sure I understand this correctly...
The victims are now asking the ones who came to their aid to go away?
This is when you know social justice has gone off the rails. We got people who still actually need help who would rather deal WITHOUT SJW intervention.

Oh the irony here is heavy...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Personally I don't think they were victims of anything but greed.
There is no solid proof, but the theory is that they wanted a per barrel toll on each barrel of oil moved thru the pipe.
Something no energy company will ever agree to do.
Since they had friends in high places (the chiefs wife being advisor to Obama), they were able to effectively hold this project hostage.
Didn't work out so well with the election of Mr. Trump and a return to law and order.

new topics

top topics

join