It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump asks to ‘Pray for Arnold’ over ‘Apprentice’ ratings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Honestly, it's getting hard to decide where to put news about Trump these days. In any case, there was a prayer breakfast and he appears to have gone off-script again.

Trump asks to ‘Pray for Arnold’ over ‘Apprentice’ ratings; Schwarzenegger says ‘Let’s switch jobs’

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump veered off script at the start of the National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday when he asked a room full of lawmakers, foreign dignitaries and religious leaders to pray for Arnold Schwarzenegger so that ratings of his show — NBC’s “The Apprentice” — would go up.
source

Two weeks into the presidency and he's still concerned about his own fame

“We know how that turned out,” Trump said, knocking Schwarzenegger. “The ratings went right down the tubes. It has been a disaster.”

Trump then turned to the audience and said: “I want to just pray for Arnold … for those ratings.”

The Arnold apparently wasn't having any of it.

Schwarzenegger promptly replied via a Twitter video.

“Hey Donald. I have a great idea. Why don’t we switch jobs? You take over TV, cause you’re such an expert in ratings. And I take over your job, so that people can finally sleep comfortably again.”

The news article indicated this was apparently a long-standing Twitter battle.

If it was intended as humor, it fell flat. I have seen several articles that compare Trump's National Prayer Breakfast remarks with other presidents' remarks.

(n.b. what makes this article even more ...unusual... is that it's from Fox News, Trump's favorite source.)

edit on 2-2-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
HA Ha HA ha ha
Epic

Good idea actually!

We have entered Idiocracy. I can't wait for the documentaries to come out in about 20 years (if we still have technology, that is).
It'll be like WWII In Color, but with comedy.

edit on 2-2-2017 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

LOL. That is awesome. I love the President's sense of humor. It also makes the left angry. That is just a perk to it.
edit on 2-2-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

LOL. That is awesome. I love the President's sense of humor. It also makes the left angry. That is just a perk to it.

Trump messes with them...and they fall right into it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Can Arnold even be President when he wasn't born in the US ?

It seems like an epic comedy sketch, expect it's real, it's just weird, Trump is the least presidential president in the history of presidents, not saying that's a bad thing but it just seems strange to see this guy who says what he thinks to be in his position

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Uh, wrong thread. This thread is about exposing Trump's sociopathic and narcissistic tendencies to make America Stupid Again. #MASA

You know, he's the ultimate used car salesman.

"I love the uneducated"

Corinthians Two, my favorite part of the bible

"I'm a christian"

"I'm a conservative"

Psyche! I'm actually whatever I need to be today! Tah-dah!

edit on 2-2-2017 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Dear heavenly Father,

Thank you for blessing me with another day and opportunity, please allow me to be better today than I was yesterday, and better tomorrow than I am today. Please bless me with strength where I am weak, patience where I am anxious and the will to fight when I want to give up. Please keep me and my family safe and keep all negative energies away. Thank you for everything father.. oh and please help the Terminator attract more viewers.

Amen
edit on 2-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What next, it gets better every day! or worse ! I mean come on, talking about reality show ratings. !?!?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Well a lot of folks still think Obama wasn't born in the U.S so ah guess it's OK...kinda???

+5 more 
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

It seems like an epic comedy sketch, expect it's real, it's just weird, Trump is the least presidential president in the history of presidents, not saying that's a bad thing but it just seems strange to see this guy who says what he thinks to be in his position

Nah Arnie is not eligible.

However, Arnie would probably eat the Consitution, slay some Predators, be totally recalled, and would certainly become expendable at the cost of the average American.

Honestly - I would rather have President Arnie (his last name is impossible to spell) than President Trump.

link   

I thought it was funny but not as funny as Sarah Silverman calls for military to overthrow President Trump

If these are the issues the left are worried about and trying to grill trump with , he isn't as bad as I thought.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I know. He and Arnold are good friends. They bs with each other. People taking little things and making them into big things is the real joke.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What a clown..isn't Trump still executive producer?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: 3daysgone

Uh, wrong thread. This thread is about exposing Trump's sociopathic and narcissistic tendencies to make America Stupid Again. #MASA

You know, he's the ultimate used car salesman.

"I love the uneducated"

Corinthians Two, my favorite part of the bible

"I'm a christian"

"I'm a conservative"

Psyche! I'm actually whatever I need to be today! Tah-dah!

LOL. Reading how this makes you feel is like music to my ears. He is our President, and he is doing an excellent job so far.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Technically you can't expose what is already known.. so far his questionable character hasn't really effected us negatively yet but it's great entertainment, and he's a great entertainer lol..

I think it's good seeing somebody that speaks his mind however and whenever without filter

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I am sorry Byrd, but this is funny as hell, darn I can not stop laughing.

Hey we have a president like we have never before, everyday is a new day with him.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
From a Christian perspective, I find Trump using "his religion" to insult Arnold a bit disturbing...his call to "prayer" for something he is sour over, NBC not wanting Trump anymore, is petty and IMHO, Not Christian.
A true Christian would not use prayer time to insult someone!
Although, I do find this silly nonsense sorta funny...as a Christian that takes prayer seriously, I am a little disturbed.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I think it's good seeing somebody that speaks his mind however and whenever without filter

yeah so do my uncles and a quite a few friends ,but that wouldn't make any of them presidential material.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Discotech

Nah Arnie is not eligible.

However, Arnie would probably eat the Consitution, slay some Predators, be totally recalled, and would certainly become expendable at the cost of the average American.

Honestly - I would rather have President Arnie (his last name is impossible to spell) than President Trump.

As much as I like Arnie as an actor, he would not make a good president. He did nothing good for California as governor except to watch it become so far in debt that it became ripe for forfeiture on about everything. It has continued on in the same problems without a single reduction in regulations and anti-American legislation that promotes only losses of liberty, and that is how Arnie played it when governor.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Prayer breakfast?
Lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join