It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA Wants Imaginary Warhammer Characters to Stop ‘Wearing Fur’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Yes, because we all know how painful it was for the cartoon (or otherwise imaginary) animals whose plastic fur was used for these figurines.

Some of these warriors wear animal pelts which happen to be made out of plastic. PETA believes that even though the fur is not real, the appearance of fur will give impressionable youths the idea that wearing fur is cool.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the warriors depicted in this fantasy universe do not yet have a technological society capable of producing synthetic fibres...and so they are certainly entitled to wear cartoon pelts to protect themselves from the non-existent elements they face.

Sheesh...

Plastic Fur Under Attack

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

First world problems eh .

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Some of these warriors wear animal pelts which happen to be made out of plastic. PETA believes that even though the fur is not real, the appearance of fur will give impressionable youths the idea that wearing fur is cool.

They have a point though - letting tabletop figures wear fur IS wrong.

And sexist.

It also violates my safe spaces.
edit on 2-2-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

The 'thought' of fur is too much. You've triggered the sob's, f%cking wow.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Maybe make them naked and well endowed in both male and female to make everyone HAPPY!!!

(post by gription removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gription

I am joking.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

PETA want to go take a running jump, virtually and realistically.

Animals kill other animals, its what we do and part of the great circle of life.

Only problem i have with killing the poor wee things is for sport.
edit on 2-2-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

This is what happens when you run out of things to protest about , PETA has done a good job over the years but protesting imaginary fur is just silly.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Are they shown eating non-vegetarian meals? That will have to stop too.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
More proof PETA is a falseflag organization to promote harm of animals through absurdity of protection. Human made ice cream tops this tho.
edit on 2-2-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

Correct me if I am wrong, but the warriors depicted in this fantasy universe do not yet have a technological society capable of producing synthetic fibres...and so they are certainly entitled to wear cartoon pelts to protect themselves from the non-existent elements they face.

Seeing as you have invited us to correct you...

The warriors in that fantasy universe have spaceships, laser guns, genetic manipulation, and highly advanced cybernetics; I'm fairly certain they're capable of producing synthetic fibres.

Many of the characters' story arcs involve them undergoing tests that include killing ferocious wild animals with their bare hands as a demonstration of strength and courage, so plenty of the models include pelts and furs kept as trophies. It wouldn't surprise me if PETA complained about that, but they seemed to have missed that and focused on the models having some plastic fur attached.

Edited to clarify: Warhammer is broadly into 2 universes. Warhammer Fantasy is the "traditional swords & sorcery" version, while 40K is the "futuristic space vikings with guns" version. PETA seem to be focusing on the latter rather than the former.
edit on Ev38ThursdayThursdayAmerica/ChicagoThu, 02 Feb 2017 05:38:35 -06005262017b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Honestly I think PETA does absurd crap like that just so people remember they exist.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
PETA in full derp mode

it's painful to read about how stupid some people are

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
PETA :

plastic
extrusions
trigger
ass-hats

??

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

OH FOR PITIES SAKE!

They are talking about the Space Wolves, and some of the fantasy characters as well, aren't they? I have to say, while I support the work of PETA on ACTUAL animal abuse, I cannot get behind their attitude toward Games Workshops figurines.

On the subject of the capacity of characters in the Fantasy version of the WH universe, to create synthetic fibres, you would be entirely correct. They do not possess the ability to create synthetic fibres of any kind, petrochemical based or otherwise.

However, in the 40K universe, which is set in the grim darkness of the far future, the age of technology has spawned not only the capacity to create many synthetic fibres, but powered armour, incredible weapons which mesh technology and warp magics, and a whole host of other crazy things. That being said, those who DO wear hides, tend to cut them from the corpses of beasts which represent a threat to human kind, either on the homeworld of the wearer, or in some cases, on their journey through the galaxy. Some creatures in the 40K universe wear the flesh of those who have fallen before them in battle, so you will occasionally see capes made of human flesh hanging from the shoulders of a warrior, or bandoliers of skulls slung around their waist, as well as animal pelts.

The issue however, is that the hides worn by warriors are earned in some way, mostly by killing the beast from which they came either as part of a battle, or to protect oneself from the beast in question. For example, in the Saga of Ragnar Blackmane, he gets his nickname (Blackmane) by killing a Fenrisian wolf with nothing more than a rudimentary spear, made of a stick and a stone head I believe, and taking its pelt for survival in the harsh mountains around the Space Wolf base, The Fang. He has to do this to survive, because part of the initiation into the Space Wolves, is a grueling trek across the frozen wastes of Fenris. It is basically the last big test before one is given ones power armour, bolt gun, and sent off to punch the enemies of the Emperor in the teeth. Failure to kill the beast and wear its skin, would have made his journey far more likely to end in his death. What is more, not all planets in the Empire distribute technology equally amongst the residents.

For example, the Space Wolves live on the planet Fenris. But they do not live there alone. There are regular humans living on that planet as well, not just genetically modified super soldiers. The Space Wolves have access to technology, weapons, armour all advanced beyond anything we know today. But the unaugmented humans living on Fenris do not have access to that technology. They hunt sea creatures for food and materials with which to build their homes, and indeed some elements of their hunting ships. They are much like Vikings in space, in terms of their technological capacity. These people have to kill to eat, because Fenris is a cold place, where little grows from the ground. Most food comes from what can be hunted, and lacking technology, the regular citizens of Fenris lack the capacity to build clothing or shelter from plastics.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Are these like, furries?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gription
a reply to: DupontDeux

I reserve the the right to shove a baseball bat up your anus, I'ts part of my bathroom thing. Don't make me call the cops...

originally posted by: gription
a reply to: gription

I am joking.

I find it slightly worrisome that you need to remind yourself that you are joking ..

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Libitards will be libitards.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

What an embarrassment, while Kardeshian & others wear real fur.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join