It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on phone with Australian leader: 'This was the worst call by far'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

This will end up exposing Turnbull.
Keeping refugees in conditions worse than a prison does not sound good.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Our government calls them illegal immigrants.

Some people are annoyed that these people used all their money to try and buy safety to Australia and prefer to call them economic migrants.

I just call them people in need of help. Just like our homeless, who our government also do not give a shiz about.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

So what in your mind is an economic refugee supposed to do...wait till their family start getting injured or killed. Using that logic no one would have emigrated to USA from Europe in the 1900's on economic grounds.

Where would the US been now if not for the migrants of Europe? When I holidayed in the States the culture I experienced definitely spelled European to me

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

This is an ad that the party that won the election ran. Letting them into Australia would be political suicide but they certainly aren't America's problem and letting them into America would not be good for Trump politically even if the deal was made under Obama.

edit on 2-2-2017 by Azure because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Azure

Almost all of those who claim to be refugees are from far off nations and passed throughmany safe and stable nations on their way to get here. They are more economic migrants than refugees

LOL you're talking about Indonesia...safe? hahahaha

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

That is one of the many countries they would have to pass through but yes they are not at war and politically stable.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Well the States do treat us crap... a few months ago they expected us to use our navy to stir up China in their Island building venture

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azure

This is an ad that the party that won the election ran. Letting them into Australia would be political suicide but they certainly aren't America's problem and letting them into America would not be good for Trump politically even if the deal was made under Obama.

And they say America is tough on immigration!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ms898

Our politicians justified it using 911 and ANZUS. The Aussies were too stupid to demand of their politicians that they dont invade the Middle East on dubious evidence. ANZUS is a defence treaty, how the politicians sell it as a reason to attack another nation I will never understand.
Australians even have the evidence of how Churchill was going to sacrifice half of Australia after the fall of SIngapore during WW2. We know how the rest of the world treats Australia and yet we follow along hoping we get defended if we're invade. But at what cost?

www.pacificwar.org.au...
edit on 2-2-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Only when it comes to illegal immigration. Australia accepts more immigrants per capita than almost any other nation in the world including the US. 5.6 migrant(s)/1,000 population vs 3.9 migrant(s)/1,000 population for the US. That said, I personally want less legal immigration too but there is no major political party who supports that... yet.

Link
edit on 2-2-2017 by Azure because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin
a reply to: Raggedyman

Yeh, they are our illegal immigrants, who tried to boat it here, got intercepted, and incarcerated offshore in Papua New Guinea in abysmal conditions, so much so the UN has condemned our Government for it.

Yes, Our Prime Minister is a corporate shill.

Yes, thats my point
Why bitch at DT when he is doing what other countrys are doing, even ours

Its not my business

As much as you are complaining about refugees, many Australians dont want them
You dont get to be a dictator in the matter, democracy and all that...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

Do you believe it?
The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia.
Why? I will study this dumb deal!

edit on 2-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Azure

Per capita, yes, but in total number, no other country comes close to accepting the number of immigrants that the U.S. does. Sure immigration is good, but at some point too much is too much, which is one of the main reasons Trump is President. Americans don't hate immigrants, but when it comes to the point that our culture, society, and welfare programs are being affected, what do you expect us to do?
edit on 2-2-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I'm completely on your side including you not accepting these illegals we don't want. They should be sent back but our current PM has no spine. Maybe Abbott would have but Turnbull is the Australian version of Jeb Bush.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Profusion

We need to bring the refugee's here, they are our problem and we have kept them incarcerated for too long, in conditions worse than prison.

One of the few things that bring me shame as an Australian.

You have house a family if you like. Unprocessed, unchecked, unverified.

Every suburb needs a Lakemba theme to it, if you desire.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Why is australia not being burnt to the ground for how they are treating those immigrants? They couldnt find some cheap flats or hotels?

Imagine Trump holding migrants off the coast in not good condition. How is australian pm getting away with this?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Why is australia not being burnt to the ground for how they are treating those immigrants? They couldnt find some cheap flats or hotels?

Imagine Trump holding migrants off the coast in not good condition. How is australian pm getting away with this?

Very good point....

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Yes, they can live in my neighborhood. Not in my home.....I already have 4 children and a wife, in a 3 bedroom house.

Honestly Australia could easily accommodate them, and more. Proper implementation of refugee labour force and educational programs could pave the way for their entry, and the entry of other refugee's.

Mothers and Children should be granted automatic entry and housing along with a psychological evaluation, Men and non-paternal women should be skill tested, language tested and also given psychological evaluation.

We are a huge country with a vast amount of unused space and potential to accommodate these people with properly implemented government programs. There should be no need for anyone to 'open their doors and welcome refugee's into their own home'.

Where is all this unused space? The arid outback, remote regions where there is little to no infrastructure?

Have you ever studied with non-English speaking migrants? I have. Skill tested? And if they are unskilled, train them?

These people passed by numerous safe lands to enter here, not for safety, not to benefit us, but to benefit themselves.

And why should you not take on the responsibility for letting economic refugees into Australia? Your kids can sleep in one room, leaving the others for at least 2 families.

Easier to parade up and down streets holding signs and disrupting traffic, hurl abuse at people who disagree with you and all that jazz, though. Because, that's how you get things done... ignore the rest of the problem, a good ol' pat on the back by some other lefty weaning a che guavara t-shirt means a job well done.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Any other references for this story?

I will not be black mailed into 'creating an account' just so I can read a story.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

It is and is pisses me off so much when people trash America because there is no country in the world that gets held to a higher standard. America could literally save someones life and people would still complain because they didn't buy him a Ferrari. No other nation on earth is held to such a standard. Not the best or most realistic way to explain the situation but I hope you get my meaning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join