It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who claimed mom died in Iraq after Trump's ban lied, Imam confirms

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Imam Husham Al-Hussainy, leader of the Karbalaa Islamic Educational Center in Dearborn, says Mike Hager's mom did not pass away this weekend after being barred from traveling to the United States. The Imam confirms that Hager's mother died before the ban was put in place.

www.fox10phoenix.com...

Here we have it, once again we see that the Trump haters are straight out lying. We will see if anybody but Fox makes this a headline story, but I seriously doubt it. Like the several misleading stories before, this will remain etched in the public's mind. The media is despicable anymore

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Great.

I think the MSM's strategy is to report the original story, and if new evidence emerges to disprove it...eh.

I'm sure enough liberal memes have been created already for a retraction to be too inconvenient.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Exactly. These media Outlets are quick to report on the Muslim woman that supposedly was beat up by Trump supporters or the black church that was supposedly defaced by Trump supporters. They make it a headline event and promoted on their social media sites. When the truth is found out very few of them mention it and if they do it's an afterthought. And they sure as heck don't promoted on their social media sites. That leaves a great deal of the population with the idea that all of these bad things are going on when they are not. It's disgusting

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

WOW...JUST F#ING WOW!!!!!!

Oh will MSM and leftist snowflakes on ATS just stop trying to trigger Trump supporters!

If more crap like this gets fed into Fake News then I suspect Trump is going to sue or shut down these MSM bullshifters.

#ShutMSMDown
edit on 1-2-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I wouldn't exactly say shut them down. To be honest I don't know what the answer is. But to pretend that I severe bias does not exist it's just sticking your head in the sand. If there is a bias it affects the public perception because most people only know what they're told and don't do any research. If that's the case then there has to be something that can be done to rectify it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
We all know who should really be called the deplorables.

Mainstream media.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

I wouldn't exactly say shut them down. To be honest I don't know what the answer is. But to pretend that I severe bias does not exist it's just sticking your head in the sand. If there is a bias it affects the public perception because most people only know what they're told and don't do any research. If that's the case then there has to be something that can be done to rectify it.

MSM are businesses....so shut them down by taxing the shift out of them. Hit them with political correctness and kindness right in their wallet. Plus punitive damages for any fake news they release.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Possibly my favorite moment in 2016 news was when Trump won the election and people were scratching their heads trying desperately to figure out the demographics.

"Wait! How is this possible?! There weren't nearly enough black and latino voters for Trump!?

No stupid! Its because the MSM wouldn't interview any minorities for Trump. It didn't fit their narrative!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
That guy is the king of liars. Can't believe he used his mother for that fake story.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
That guy is the king of liars. Can't believe he used his mother for that fake story.

I am sure the DNC paid him off well for humiliating him and his family.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

This has already been verified as Fake News. Leftists are now conspiracy theorists.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Very true...what he did was disgusting. Can you imagine if President Trump did something like this? The press would have a stroke out of sheer joy!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yet more liberal fake news.
Could not even be bothered to check into the details. It sounded like it might be a good smear, so what the hell, use it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
One of these days somebody is gonna get a lawsuit against some big MSMs.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Despicable!

But, as we all know, the left lives by the tenet, "the ends justify the means". If lying advances their agenda, they have no qualms. If they get caught, they issue a teeny tiny apology and move on to the next lie.

Since I stopped viewing CrookedNewsNetwork, everything is cleaner and clearer. You should try it.
edit on 1-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It impacts opinions. Then when they have to retract, they do it on a backpage. Over and over and over.

A whole level of outrage exist in people's minds of things that never happened. Their brain only remembers the initial emotional impact and its association with trump. the details dont matter to the emotional brain.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

See, it doesn't matter. Most of the population will only see the headline and believe it going forward and the MSM knows this.

new topics

top topics

join