It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I’m so proud of myself. I stabbed her like 20 times.’ Teenager’s diary leads to conviction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

“I stabbed an innocent woman to death earlier today. … It was absolutely fantastic. Murder gives me a high unlike any other. It feels like this crisp unreality, flashing and sparkling, adrenaline and shock.”

While these lines might sound like the demented writings of John Wayne Gacy or perhaps Charles Manson, they actually appeared in what police said was a diary kept by a teenage girl named Pearl Moen, 18.

‘I’m so proud of myself. I stabbed her like 20 times.’: Teenage girl’s diary leads to 15-year sentence.

I've heard estimates that psychopaths and sociopaths make up 2%-5% of the population. That means if you're in a movie theater with two hundred people, around four to ten of them will be something like the woman described in the article linked to above. That fact has always bothered me.

There must be some people on this forum like that as well. One of the things that bothers me about the Internet is how easy it is to run across their insane writings all over the place.

I believe this forum is better than 99% of the Internet in general, but you can find obviously disturbed people posting in even the most antiseptic environments. The problem seems to be getting worse.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

You should see the things scribbled about all over my art space here at the house, seeing I write, illustrate, and paint horror comics and other things people may not describe as traditional. Some may think I am insane if read out of context I am sure.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The girl is a serial killer in the making .....her 15 year sentence ( if she serves that long ) won't stop her from killing when she gets out of jail.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

There must be some people on this forum like that as well. One of the things that bothers me about the Internet is how easy it is to run across their insane writings all over the place.

I don't hear anyone here talking about the joys of 'stabbing people over and over'. As far as insane rantings, one persons truth is another's insanity.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

You should see the things scribbled about all over my art space here at the house, seeing I write, illustrate, and paint horror comics and other things people may not describe as traditional. Some may think I am insane if read out of context I am sure.

The parts of her diary we're discussing were not taken out of context. She pleaded guilty.

a reply to: intrptr

You're comparing someone's personal diary with what people write on a public Internet forum? This forum has 297,703 members.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
absolutely chilling, good to bring up the realities of this OP. Just look at what's his name who shot Sen. Giffords, he was a member on here. if anything will help keep you keen about your surroundings is a good grounding in this truth.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

edit on 1/2/17 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Her mother tried many times to get her help. Her mother asked for donations and she was put into many rehab 7 day programs that did not address her psych problems. The doctors and psychologists kept blaming it on drugs and her going through a "Goth" phase, she definitely dressed the part. They all said that until she was completely off drugs they couldn't and wouldn't evaluate her mental health.

She is schizophrenic as is her mother who is on medication for it. The symptoms started in the girl's late teen years. No one would listen, and the girl kept it very well hidden to those around her, doctors included. Her mother suspected and tried everything.

Then the mother stumbled upon the diary too late and realized her sweet little girl (and she was a sweet little girl) had fallen victim to it for sure.

All the psychologists and doctors she saw from Texas to California should be reviewed for negligence imho, they should've listened to the Mother's concerns.

STM

ETA: Sorry for all the edits, it's difficult to line up the whole timeline in a short summation.
edit on 2-2-2017 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I want to add that the law that states that a person that is 18 years old has to voluntarily go to a mental health psych evaluation should be changed to 21 years old. It seems that these serious conditions tend to hit during the late teens, early twenties and parents are left in a sticky wicket.

It is only over-ridden by a judge if the person is considered a danger to others or themselves. In this case it was only strong suspicions by a parent. Late teens seems to be the common denominator when these conditions hit and the parent should be given more say so.

STM

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

originally posted by: Brotherman

The parts of her diary we're discussing were not taken out of context. She pleaded guilty.

a reply to: intrptr

You're comparing someone's personal diary with what people write on a public Internet forum? This forum has 297,703 members.

You said this:
"One of the things that bothers me about the Internet is how easy it is to run across their insane writings all over the place.

I believe this forum is better than 99% of the Internet in general, but you can find obviously disturbed people posting in even the most antiseptic environments."

Because of that it made me think about something about myself, the things I write and draw. I was commenting on something you had said that made me look at the things I write, paint, and draw. I wonder what it would look like if a stranger came into my art space I wonder what conclusions they would draw. Your op to me was a looking glass.

I do understand and realize the difference, I also appreciate you making me think about something it has been awhile since I've had an original thought.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Good question, when are drawings and notes relevant to mental health? My unprofessional opinion would be they are relevant if it is a drastic change and if mental health problems run in your family? Red flag imho.

STM

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Maybe Ive just seen too much during the war (ironic cause of your user handle) I dispose of alot of the bad things through art its mixed with my own insight though. I don't know about anyone in my family with mental health issues. To be honest I am more disturbed by national apathy then I am gore.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

There's good and joyful things happening in our world too. The MSM just doesn't cover it. If I were you I would talk it out at a support group and go to light hearted get togethers. Immersion in all the good things that you protected, good job imho. Thank you so much for being there for us,

STM

top topics

join