It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas 'Muslim Day' beefs up security over political climate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Why should we make ourselves sitting targets?

Who? American citizens?

Or A separate group, unwilling to integrate into society?

I don't see any other group so willing to need such measures for their own religious needs. Everyone else just seems to get along.

weird huh.

edit on 31-1-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

This is America not Iran. We have a Constitution and its rights extend to all American citizens. You speak so much about "Sharia this" and "Sharia that", yet you're the one trying to deny people their constitutional rights.

And for the record, LGBT rights here in America have advanced because of the left wing in spite of the American religious right. And seeing as there are progressive pro-LGBT movements in many Muslim countries, your words wreak of hypocrisy.

You're basically attacking the left wing for pushing for different rights here while simultaneously attacking Muslim majority countries for not embracing those same left wing rights movements fast enough.

edit on 31-1-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I don't care if you call them armed "fairies" the fact is that an Islamic group has armed men in buses headed to my states capital...

They're coming for you Chris! Hide your kids...hide your wife.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Seeing liberals invoke the 2nd amendment to defend islamists would be hysterical were it not so tragic...

I'm guessing none of yall have ever spent a day in a sharia country...

Let alone lived in one as a female or, Allah forbid, a homosexual...

Islam is an ethos bereft of morality whose sensibilities reside squarely in the Stone Age...

-Chris

They have the freedom to do what they are doing and you have the freedom to cry about it like a little, ignorant baby.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Jesus Christ dude...

While y'all were busy worshipping a magic moon god the high west was figuring out how to walk on it...

Newsflash: your calendar is terribly inaccurate but understandable considering the requisite societal IQ required to create a moon calendar is significantly lower than a solar one...

The high west is a land of light and ideals...where scientific pursuits long ago supplanted superstition and theocratic rule....

-Chris

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

Why should we make ourselves sitting targets?

Who? American citizens?

Or A separate group, unwilling to integrate into society?

I don't see any other group so willing to need such measures for their own religious needs. Everyone else just seems to get along.

weird huh.

So American Muslims embracing the American 2nd Amendment doesn't count as integration? lol

Besides, the last time I checked, many people here don't want Muslims in their communities. People right here on ATS are both cheering for Trump's ban and wishing he'd ban even more Muslims from entering the country. So which one is it? Do you want us to move into your neighborhoods or not?

If we move to your neighborhoods, attend your schools, and get jobs at your work places, you complain. But if we stay out of your neighborhoods, schools, and work places and keep to ourselves, you still complain. If we accept Western constitutional ideas, you complain (like right now). But if we were to reject those same constitutional ideas, you'd still complain. So do you want us to integrate or not?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I wonder what your thoughts are on the "Alabama Church Protection Act"?

www.google.com...

Alabama House Representative files bill allowing churches to hire armed guards

edit on 31-1-2017 by Lughnasadh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Jesus Christ dude...

I thought you weren't supposed to use his name in vain? This is awkward...

And LOL at the rest of your post. You're just mad because no one else got caught up by your ignorance and fake outrage. So now you're going all out with the stereotypes and ignorance, hoping to achieve what exactly?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

... have police protection at our Eid festivals and other religious events anyway

Hmmmmm...

Do you know what "Eids" are? And yes, they're our religious events. Just like how Bar and Bat Mitzvahs are Jewish religious events.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Firstly, YOU are not in my neighbourhood. And Muslims that are, are very much apart from participating as contributing members to the overall of my neighbourhood. I've seen entire streets taken over to build a mosque for the single purpose of parking. Not quite encompassing.

Secondly, you opt to NOT attend our schools, you create your own islamic schools, many here which have been found rorting government funding, where they instil religious zealotry, and enforce segregation between your religion and everyone else in society. I don't live in the US, I live in a place where this has been going on for decades, so you can stop that rubbish right there.

You do keep to yourselves. That is not integration, that is segregation.

I don't know where you think I am the one claiming that if you integrate *I* don't want to be around you. It's more the inclination I get from the muslims I have known, to avoid anything in this sosiety. So you come to the west, form enclaves, tell everyone else off for being intolerant, yet instil intolerance in your youth and enforce religious bigotry.

Met many muslims in my life. none have wanted to kill me. But the prevailing reality is, many do, as we have seen globally, from places where it has been lived as a way of life, for millennia. So again, dont tell me you on your own little tod have no ill intent. You speak for YOURself.

You this, Your that, it doesn't really say WE does it. WE.

I couldn't give two hoots about YOU and YOUR wanting to embrace the right to own guns. it's who YOU and YOUR people point them at, that I speak about. and you're telling me, that YOU - speaking emphatically to embrace your religion - does not want to make the west pay for what you deem is atrocity against your holy lands? Tell that to YOUR people then, if they insist on being segregated because we're so evil.

Give me a break. in Every country where there is freedom, we hear it. Every single one. The only ones we don't hear it from, are countries without freedom, where oppression and intolerance and violence are actively supported.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

... have police protection at our Eid festivals and other religious events anyway

Hmmmmm...

Do you know what "Eids" are? And yes, they're our religious events. Just like how Bar and Bat Mitzvahs are Jewish religious events.

I know fully well what Eid is.

Can't we rejoice with you, or is it simply more segregation that you call it yours.

No one says "Have a merry OUR Christmas." but then, we cant even wish that these days to appease the less tolerant.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

So you're both complaining about the Muslims who move into your community and the Muslims who exclude themselves from your community. Just as I noted in my post. This is supposed to prove what exactly? But this is the best part:

Met many muslims in my life. none have wanted to kill me. But the prevailing reality is, many do, as we have seen globally, from places where it has been lived as a way of life, for millennia. So again, dont tell me you on your own little tod have no ill intent. You speak for YOURself.

So you're admitting that you've met a lot of Muslims and none have wanted harm against you. But because of the stereotypes (prevailing reality), clearly you believe the majority of us do. Then you point out that even though I also don't have ill intent, that still doesn't count. Hmmm...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Hmmmmm...

I know fully well what Eid is.

Can't we rejoice with you, or is it simply more segregation that you call it yours.

No one says "Have a merry OUR Christmas." but then, we cant even wish that these days to appease the less tolerant.

Of course you can join. But that doesn't change the fact that it's an Islamic religious event, unless other religions have also started accepting the holy month of Ramadan (which is why we celebrate Eid al-Fitr in the first place).

Theoretically, Judeo-Christian sects could celebrate Eid al-Alha even without Muslims since it's about the Prophet Abraham's near sacrifice of his son. But I'm not aware of any of their sects that do this. Hence why I consider it an Islamic religious event.
edit on 31-1-2017 by enlightenedservant because: clarified something. meh

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Armed security for CAIR?!? Are you kidding me?!?

So Muslim Americans aren't allowed to hire security?

Who the heck are Muslims afraid of? Texans?

Having lived in El Paso I would say yes they are afraid of Texans. Anyone with half a brain are afraid of Texans even other Texans.
Pretty pathetic attempt at a Muslim hit piece.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

So you're both complaining about the Muslims who move into your community and the Muslims who exclude themselves from your community. Just as I noted in my post. This is supposed to prove what exactly? But this is the best part:

So you're admitting that you've met a lot of Muslims and none have wanted harm against you. But because of the stereotypes (prevailing reality), clearly you believe the majority of us do. Then you point out that even though I also don't have ill intent, that still doesn't count. Hmmm...

*sigh*

So, you are just another justifier. Willing to ignore the rampant hate within the ranks of your own religion, because hey YOU yourself dont go out and do anything.

This is pointless, arguing with a pot of boiling water.

You might be the next ghandi for all I know or care, but you are one voice. All I am saying is that with your support, to quell the questioning of events, you are complicit in what will inevitably occur. And hey, look at Europe.

Or better yet, don't. pretend you're the voice of reason, while around you things become worse, and the less tolerant of your kindred gather up more and more support.

Oh but what do I know, I've not seen it happen.. I'm just a racist or some bollocks..

Trust this though, you will not be so polite, when you have numbers enough to make enough noise where you live. You will be forced to embrace the ideology you follow, to the extreme. And you won't have a choice. But with your "Our" separation from the wider community, that you feel needs to be separate, I know how your knees will feel when you fall.

Doing a good job at taqiyya though.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Someone should go there and draw a cartoon of their prophet, then we'll see who really needs the security.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Mad because the reality doesn't match your obvious stereotypes? You even said it yourself that out of all of the Muslims you've met, none have wanted harm on you.

Obviously there are jerks, criminals, and horrible people from every demographic. Both of our demographics are included in that statement. That's because humans in general have vices, and far too many choose to embrace negativity over positivity. But you should already know that.

Oh & I'm no Gandhi nor do I pretend to be. I prefer peace & chilling on the beach w/beautiful women, but I'm also petty and not above holding grudges over dumb stuff & double standards.
Besides, there are some things I respect about him, but I absolutely loathe his actions in South Africa against its native people. But that's for another conversation.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Someone should go there and draw a cartoon of their prophet, then we'll see who really needs the security.

Are you referencing this? dailycaller.com...

Two men who opened fire Sunday outside of an event in Garland, Texas attended by Geert Wilders, a Dutch lawmaker and outspoken critic of radical Islam, have been killed by police.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Muslims tried to kill people over cartoons, so clearly they're the victims that need protection. Wait, what?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Travis County Sheriff Sally Hernandez, who runs the Austin jails in Texas' most liberal city, plans to stop honoring all federal immigration detainers on Wednesday and only comply with holds for murder, aggravated sexual assault and human trafficking. Read more here: www.star-telegram.com...=cpy

What is this crap about?
When does a sheriff get to pick and choose what crimes to arrest and hold people for?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join