It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Design & UX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum but I'm a big fan. I feel like I'm finally getting real time news. There are biases to be sure, but there tends to be several viewpoints represented in the majority of posts and usually links to all kinds of useful information.

I'm a web designer by trade. I've noticed the site is dated, to put it nicely, and could be much friendlier. I'd be happy to take on a hobby project if the mods/owner is interested. I think the site (especially mobile) could be really fun to use and make interaction much easier.

Any chance you guys could refer me to the appropriate person(s)? Again, hobby project (ie free).
edit on 31-1-2017 by swedy13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

Why is it paranormal?
Are you the Dirk Gently amongst the web designers?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You have all this experience ,and all this expertise....

Yet cant figure out how to put your posts in the right forums and cant figure out how to use the "contact" button?

Smells suspect to me.......

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Hence my offer to help redesign. The UX is unintuitive and clunky. No problem if you like the way it is. Could be a lot better...

Edit: Also, I only visit on mobile. There are only icons, no indication of what they do. Sure, I could click everything to try figure it out, but that's too much work. Good design should be self explanatory, which this site is not. Offer stands.
edit on 31-1-2017 by swedy13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Auto categorized I guess

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: swedy13
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Hence my offer to help redesign. The UX is unintuitive and clunky. No problem if you like the way it is. Could be a lot better...

Edit: Also, I only visit on mobile. There are only icons, no indication of what they do. Sure, I could click everything to try figure it out, but that's too much work. Good design should be self explanatory, which this site is not. Offer stands.

Then it seems to be your mobile thats the issue, because I have no issues what so ever on mine, everything looks and functions just like it does on my PC....

I can say that failing to navigate to the "Contact US" section or many of the other ways to contact the moderators/owners, moreover posting in the correct forum, probably isnt going to give them any confidence that you could actually do anything to improve it.....

No offense of course, im just saying, and I access the site on my iphone, ipad, and my work samsung which is on android so....

This is also your second thread on the subject, which means you didnt even read the T and C lol......

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: swedy13
a reply to: Peeple

Auto categorized I guess

no its not auto categorized.....you have to actually physically choose which forum topic to post under, which is how most forum layouts work.....

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

actually this is the updated version of the site, they did an entire update about a year or so ago.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Fair enough. I'll try the contact us on my desktop.

I didn't post links or anything scammy, I feel like the post was made with good intentions. The design update they did wasn't great, but if you're happy that's what matters and will save me from donating my time. I'll learn as I go along

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

There is an ATS university that would help you if needed.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Underfire2

Again, too much work. It should be intuitive, but I'll trial and error it out. Thanks though

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
There is a big problem with the mobile (ios) version.

You can move the scroll-able column side to side. It should be fixed.

top topics

join