It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is consciousness located?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

Yes, but does it play the saxophone?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Consciousness is located inside the 'Gray Hole', which is essentially a black hole and a white hole at the same time.

There is only 1 location in the Universe, the appearance of distance and separate locality is an illusion.

You see the "big bang" just happened less than .000000001 seconds ago, but it was backwards from what we normally think.

Here, I'll try to explain.
If all matter in the Universe is condensed into 1 tiny point (pre-big bang) than how can it explode outwards? Clearly gravity is so strong that all this mass will cause an infinite decompression, not an explosion outwards. But aha, therein lies the paradox, it falls infinitely inwards so therefore it "goes in to come out" on the other side of where ever infinitely inwards leads to.

So the big bang actually had to have started with an implosion and this Universe is expanding inwards infinitely, so therefore there is only 1 location in the entire time-space continuum, and that is exactly where your consciousness is located.

This is all also a holographic illusion at the same time, and so therefore nothing exists except your consciousness which has been imported from another fake universe and so on and so forth in an infinite series of regressing holograms where new holograms are created.

Shall I continue today's explanation?

I remember the pre big bang era, or rather, locale, or even more rather, condition. Of course that could just be my dreams and ayuashca experience and totality of my current knowledge and other experiences formulating a metaphorical life story, or emulation of the creation of this Universe ie: the big ol bang

It was very lonely. Very, very, lonely. Or so i think.

edit on 31-1-2017 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I'm really surprised to see so many new age ideas here and hardly anything of a practical origin.

There is no such thing as souls. There is no cosmic consciousness. There is nothing that makes us "special".

Our consciousness merely stems from our life. We have equal consciousness to all other mammals at least, maybe other classes and phyla as well.

What we have that appears so very different from animals is our highly complex language and ability to rationalize.

Whereas most other mammals' consciousness lies primarily in the basic hunt, eat, mate modes, we developed all these words that allow us to communicate and define everything with intricacy. It's our words that give us our identities, our beliefs, our perceived "higher consciousness".

Say we never developed the ability to form specific sounds with our vocal cords. Even less than a dog or cat - merely a monotone grunt or perhaps a screech if we were scared. We would still retain the basic consciousness as any creature does. There would still be primitive ID and Ego(without such definition of course) just as any creature has. We could at most communicate through basic actions in regards to being hungry or willing to mate. Perhaps our complex and intelligent brains would still allow us to make fire and progress to tool usage. Symbolic communication would be likely to form eventually unless our paws never got those opposable thumbs.

But while we might, at best, develop some basic communication between each other, it would never become this highly intricate system of language that gives us so much breadth of discussion. Without words to identify simply everything, we'd be just as simplistic as any other animal essentially. We'd never develop religion(maybe primal sun/moon worshipers), we could never create full societies beyond basic tribalism. We simply wouldn't be this "highly advanced" mammal that walks this planet. Sure we'd have a system of personal ethics - just like any other specified class does.

Our consciousness doesn't COME from anywhere. I've never once seen a creature that wasn't aware of it's existence. Every creature suffers when it's in pain, flees in fear or is stimulated by pleasures such as eating or mating. Our "consciousness" is our IDs and our Egos that are defined by our words. Nothing more.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Can you feel words? I suppose.

Certainly we can SEE words.

Can we hear words? Of course.

Id even argue we can taste and smell words...alphabet soup.

My god...consciousness is a delicious soup. Flying spaghetti monster giveth and taketh.

edit on 31-1-2017 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

well I read all the posts and I must say I am disappointed....

Many of you are often involved with religious threads.... I guess because you want to learn or to argue..... I have seen both...

This NEW AGE crap is just that ...... crap..... and nothing more....

Your consciousness is YOU. It lies within your spirit..... anyone who has ever had an NDE will tell you they felt, smelt, touched the other side and it is as real as this side.

Many have problems with understanding the Christian theology of the TRINITY of God which is also man:

body, mind and a spirit and you are this spirit which equals a unique MAN...... YOU.... All three come from the EXACT SAME source.

Do you understand?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Strange to see you put spirit with the trinity of Christian theology, it should be soul.

Body, soul and spirit ( Tripartitie ) are three distinct components..

1 Thessalonians 5:23
"And the God of peace himself sanctify you wholly; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved entire, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

You shouldn't teach the wrong things demonologist..

You consciousness lies within your spirit, nothing more.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Have you ever thought about were our consciousness originates in our bodies?

Sorry, but Consciousness does NOT 'originate' in our bodies.
It is not manufactured by the brain, neither are 'thoughts' manufactured by the brain, nor stored in it.
There are many false assumptions.
Consciousness cannot be 'defined' as it is completely transcendental, and 'thoughts/ego' (definitions) is completely dualistic, conditional!

"Consciousness is the ground of all being!" - Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics
One unchanging Universal Consciousness peeks from all eyes!!

What makes us...us I guess?

'Thoughts' is ego!
Ego/thoughts are what you identify with because you assume that you are their creator and they define you.
You aren't, but they do.
We identify with our thoughts, we think ourselves 'men/women', we think ourselves scientists and sweepers and daddies and, and...
All those "I am (fill in the blank)" quotes that you accept are no more than bars of the Macenroe82 shaped prison that you build with those mental 'definitions/boundaries'.

What did We/God answer when asked Our Name?
No 'definitions; "We Are that We Are!/I Am that I Am!"
That answer is, as are we all, ALL inclusive!
Omni-!
One!

Consciousness is Universal, so the answer to your question is always; Here! Now!
No matter where in the Universe, or when, the answer remains Universally the same; Here! Now!
It is always Here! Now! *__-

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

edit on 31-1-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
I'm really surprised to see so many new age ideas here and hardly anything of a practical origin.

There is no such thing as souls. There is no cosmic consciousness. There is nothing that makes us "special".

Our consciousness merely stems from our life. We have equal consciousness to all other mammals at least, maybe other classes and phyla as well.

What we have that appears so very different from animals is our highly complex language and ability to rationalize.

Whereas most other mammals' consciousness lies primarily in the basic hunt, eat, mate modes, we developed all these words that allow us to communicate and define everything with intricacy. It's our words that give us our identities, our beliefs, our perceived "higher consciousness".

Say we never developed the ability to form specific sounds with our vocal cords. Even less than a dog or cat - merely a monotone grunt or perhaps a screech if we were scared. We would still retain the basic consciousness as any creature does. There would still be primitive ID and Ego(without such definition of course) just as any creature has. We could at most communicate through basic actions in regards to being hungry or willing to mate. Perhaps our complex and intelligent brains would still allow us to make fire and progress to tool usage. Symbolic communication would be likely to form eventually unless our paws never got those opposable thumbs.

But while we might, at best, develop some basic communication between each other, it would never become this highly intricate system of language that gives us so much breadth of discussion. Without words to identify simply everything, we'd be just as simplistic as any other animal essentially. We'd never develop religion(maybe primal sun/moon worshipers), we could never create full societies beyond basic tribalism. We simply wouldn't be this "highly advanced" mammal that walks this planet. Sure we'd have a system of personal ethics - just like any other specified class does.

Our consciousness doesn't COME from anywhere. I've never once seen a creature that wasn't aware of it's existence. Every creature suffers when it's in pain, flees in fear or is stimulated by pleasures such as eating or mating. Our "consciousness" is our IDs and our Egos that are defined by our words. Nothing more.

Where is your proof? Your opinion is not fact unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
This NEW AGE crap is just that ...... crap..... and nothing more....

Thank you for informing us all of your 'fact/belief'. *__-
One commonly hears this sort of thing being said about things of which you are ignorant.
"If I don't Know/understand something, it's gotta be crap!" Right?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bankaikiller

'Facts' and 'beliefs' are the same thing!

"New study of the brain shows that facts and beliefs are processed in exactly the same way."

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Im gonna make a bold assumption and make a claim;" You do not have a spirit nor a conscious,but you do have a loooot of soul "

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bankaikiller

Fascinating that in a thread with responses suggesting that consciousness derives from "a field above us", "the Gray Hole", "god/holy spirit", and "The Universe/holographic Universe" it is my response that you want proof of.

Nevertheless here are some links that discuss my claim:

Without language, metaphor and analogy, would consciousness exist?

Consciousness and Language

An excerpt from the book: "Cognition, Language, and Consciousness: Integrative Levels"
Link to excerpt

Here's a challenge question: How could you even pose thoughts without words to describe them?
edit on 31-1-2017 by gottaknow because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

"New study of the brain shows that facts and beliefs are processed in exactly the same way."

www.newsweek.com...

Uhh... Just no lol. You link me to an article which uses religion as a bases for the entire article lol. Hate to break it to you buddy but if you have 99 people in a room who tell you "look bob, the sky is blue" and all evidence from 99 other true scientific sources tell you "look bob, the sky is blue". BUT you are the only one stating otherwise that it is green, wouldn't you be kinda wondering to yourself why that may be? Yeah see, I just used logical reasoning. Once again opinion/ belief does not equal fact.

Posting one obscure study that has no scientific based example from the get go does not equal fact. Get back to me when you have hundreds of sources using logical, scientific, non religious examples as a study, then I might take what you are saying slightly more serious.
edit on 31-1-2017 by Bankaikiller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

www.newsweek.com...

Once again opinion/belief does not equal fact.

Posting one obscure study that has no scientific based example from the get go does not equal fact. Get back to me when you have hundreds of sources using logical, scientific, non religious examples as a study, then I might take what you are saying slightly more serious.

So you believe something is true merely because the majority of people (scientists) also believe it, do you? That's just another form of faith in the majority being right. I even believe that could be called an act of faith! A study of the history of science shows that "scientific truth" is merely what most scientists AT THE TIME happened to believe. Years later, it sometimes turned out to be wrong.
Stop being a sheep and think for yourself.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Consciousness is quantum wifi! Our dna is the router.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

soul and spirit are often used as being the exact same thing.

Often you hear body, mind, soul, spirit......and the soul is the spirit.

as you say:

You consciousness lies within your spirit, nothing more.

I agree.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The SOUL.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Think of the Ocean.

Spirit is the Ocean.
The soul is the wave.
They come and they go and they come again.
The waves are individual but they are not separate from the Ocean.
Your Soul is the individual you, but it is not separate from the greater Spirit.
All living things have a Soul.
All these Souls create the Spirit.
And vice versa.

[nam daed no em nrut]

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN
a reply to: Macenroe82

Consciousness is located in the 'Field' above us. There is a book on this.

the fabric of Space itself is a medium where consciousness is present....(call it a Field if you want)

as the physical universe gets touched or manipulated by humans (as one part of organic life) The process converting sterile elements into organic minded Stuff begins....

otherwise the physical and Quantum universes continue to exist because of the 'Creator Consciousness' is the reason for those energies/elements to exist in the first place

Human presence has been extended to the Moon, those two Pioneer Probes do not count as extending the influence of human consciousness...

the consciousness that is embedded in all of the present observable universe contains the creation consciousness and the (evil sided) nihilist consciousness of the Fallen Angels...only the areas of Earth to and including the moon have the creation-&-nihilist-&-human consciousness attached to them

when the Earth itself gets too much build up of human/biology contamination in ever nook-&-cranny of the environment then the Gaia along with the nihilist consciousness will try to purge the Earth (& now the moon) from that pollution of the creation consciousness which is supposed to be the most prevalent, life sustaining, fertile 'field' to nurture autonomous life

I should by all rights erase the above.... but what-the-hey... you'll all forget it quickly as just so much goofy talk from a schizo...go-in-peace

edit on st31148589457531292017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join